Poll: High Elves: Do you want them?

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    That would again, make Kael a douche, and all those elves are douches/racists.
    of course ... but that's how a kingdom works ... royalty's word is legit

You know they COULD create a "High Elf" race for the Alliance but create some backstory whereby they get mutated in some way to distinguish them visually and in terms of "kit" from Blood Elves. Not to the extent of the Naga, but something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    according to this http://www.wowpedia.org/High_elf There are still a good bit of high elves alive in lore compared to say the Darkspear tribe which is only suppose to have a couple hundred trolls.
    I wouldn't put much stock in population estimates, most of which come from the non-canon RPG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Doesn't matter. 1% is 1%. Unless high elves originally numbered in the billions or so, it's damn unlikely they could remain a viable race unto themselves when 99% of them no longer exist.

You're just throwing out the "RPG books are non-canon" blanket without realizing they only said that as a generalized statement since they didn't have the time, in the context of that Blizzcon Q&A session, to detail out exactly what was and was not canon.

Stuff like Booty Bay having a red-light district would obviously be non-canon, as nothing in the RTS or MMO has reflected that info. Primarly, the "this is non-canonical stuff" line is in reference to various locations and events in the books, not the more concrete matters.

Stuff like age/height/weight charts and lifespan measuring would be canon, as those have been reflected in the games' lore (plus, math is math, you can't de-canon things like "Gnomes average slightly over three feet tall", since real numbers are involved). Plus, the RPG books refer to stuff that obviously IS canon, so not everything in them can be dismissed entirely - or are you claiming that all the various races cannot speak since the RPG book refers to all of them knowing various languages?

http://www.wowpedia.org/Warcraft_RPG...source_of_lore
    Well, by that argument the High Elves indeed have a population of around 20,000 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Id only accept (and do want) High Elves as a "sub-race", or "new skin". As far as making it a whole new race in itself, no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You know they COULD create a "High Elf" race for the Alliance but create some backstory whereby they get mutated in some way to distinguish them visually and in terms of "kit" from Blood Elves. Not to the extent of the Naga, but something.
    Why do they need to be distinguished visually? Pandaren aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Honestly with the direction they kind of went with Lor'Themar (or however its spelled) being displeased with the Horde's direction (which could be fixed at the end of MoP, who knows) it could lead to a group of blood elves leaving the Horde, going to the Alliance under the 'guidance' of the High Elves. Just a theory that is more than likely wrong, but it is a theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blood Elves are still the most popular race or close too it. I play horde and I know several people who would prefer alliance, but picked Horde for that model. With Pandaren being on both sides now that wall has already been broken. I don't see why Blizzard shouldn't do it.

Other than that, my favorite race (Orc) is already on my preferred faction so I really don't care that much

If allies get High Elves I want Ogres.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have updated models/textures to the old races that are in dire need of the update. They look so out of place with worgen/goblins/pandas. It's like looking at a PS1 then looking at one of the modern gaming system.

Some would argue it would be just as simple as taking the blood elf model and texture and giving it blue eyes, but then you realize that horde would need their "new" race too and they'd both need starting zones, etc.

I know that people have this high elf hardon. Some kind of strange raging erection that can only be satisfied with the addition of playable high elves, but I really cannot fathom why there's this obsession with emaciated elves.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they'd be annoyingly overplayed if they were made available.

However, I play a Blood Elf, so I am a hypocrit.
    Last edited by Zeglo; 2013-01-10 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some kind of strange raging erection that can only be satisfied with the addition of playable high elves, but I really cannot fathom why there's this obsession with emaciated elves.
    It's the pointed ears, my friend.

I think they'd be annoyingly overplayed if they were made available.
    I'd have to agree there. Bloodelfs are already very common and loved. Now add another race that looks just like them...

With Pandaren looking exactly the same with both factions, there is absolutely no reason for there not to be High Elves.

The only reason High Elves were not introduced alongside Blood Elves back in TBC was because Blizzard thought players would find it hard to distinguish between Blood Elves/High Elves

That reasoning is now completely out the window with Alliance/Horde Pandaren.

High Elves? Definitely yes. Give Horde Ogres, works out well for everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    With Pandaren looking exactly the same with both factions, there is absolutely no reason for there not to be High Elves.
    Sending a brand new and unique neutral race off to both factions is totally different than recycling a 6 year old existing Horde race...

I could see high elves as a sort of sub race, but the day they start recycling entire playable races will be a dark day for WoW.

A thousand times yes, but really let me explain why. You know there was that one game long ago, i think it was called warcraft 2. Im sure someone heard of it. There was this drawing on the main title screen with a troll jumping out with 2 battle axes of sorts all and going "rargh chu want axe mon! and elf was all like warface and about to raise his bow and be all like "pew pew!". And i sure has heck enjoyed being either side that was well defined and had its faction integrity. elves where noble, pure and high and mighty. Not this "crack" addicts and "fop" the general consensus usually is.
    And male blood elves don't help at all, i mean really paint a beard on them or something, slap a beer belly on them, do something with this whole race of a joke.

It wouldn't be so bad if we high elves back because blood elves
    just come off trying to hard to be part of the horde, i never felt they ever fitted.

Nowadays i just fell both factions look like a traveling circus.

well that just my 2 cents.

thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    but the day they start recycling entire playable races will be a dark day for WoW.
    For you maybe, but for millions of other people it will be a godsend.

Deleted
    pretty lame idea to put highelves as playable race. whats for the horde then green eyed humans or dwarfs corrupted by the arcane?

10+ Year Old Account
    We have enough elves as it is (and I play one.)
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    pretty lame idea to put highelves as playable race. whats for the horde then green eyed humans or dwarfs corrupted by the arcane?
    You are thinking about it in a black and white world. "Alliance stole our elves, so we steal something of theirs!' Thats just silly. High Elves have been Alliance NPCS since Vanilla. Humans or dwarves have never been associated to the horde to my knowledge.

Quit thinking about it like that. Ogres would be a fine addition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's the pointed ears, my friend.
    It truly is.

Sometimes I get distracted by those floppy pointed ears.'

So floppy.

I just want to pull them . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You are thinking about it in a black and white world. "Alliance stole our elves, so we steal something of theirs!' Thats just silly. High Elves have been Alliance NPCS since Vanilla. Humans or dwarves have never been associated to the horde to my knowledge.

Quit thinking about it like that. Ogres would be a fine addition.
    yeh... i was pointing out highelves are nothing more than bloodelves with blue eyes, so if they will come as playable race why not give dwarfs with green eyes for the horde.... u sir seem to not have a great handle on sarcasm