Poll: High Elves: Do you want them?

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    SPOILER;

As I just did the "purge of dalaran" Shieldwall questes, Varian says that he was going to negotiate them into the alliance.
    If the Sin'dorei gets neutral playable race, the horde must have a new race to even up.
    Oh god souch a flame war it's going to get ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    don't care about anymore elves than we already have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post
    SPOILER;

As I just did the "purge of dalaran" Shieldwall questes, Varian says that he was going to negotiate them into the alliance.
    If the Sin'dorei gets neutral playable race, the horde must have a new race to even up.
    Why would there be a flamewar if Horde gets Ogres? It's not like any Alliance player would want to play one of those anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Why would there be a flamewar if Horde gets Ogres? It's not like any Alliance player would want to play one of those anyway.
    "wtf blizz, horde gets this awesome new race and we just get bs blood elves. obvious horde bias is obvious"
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

At this point i'd only want them because theyd hopefully share the same casting animation as blood elves. ie, the best casting animation in game.
    I'd just go horde, but I have too many friends on alliance for it to be worth going horde. It'd be nice to see more quests from the Silver Covenant though, because that's the only way I see them being implemented.

p.s. Blue eyes>Green eyes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    "wtf blizz, horde gets this awesome new race and we just get bs blood elves. obvious horde bias is obvious"
    They would quickly getting beat down by the fellow Alliance members that wished for High Elves since years.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post
    SPOILER;

It seems unlikely since the belves go into all out war against Dalaran in 5.2

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    They would quickly getting beat down by the fellow Alliance members that wished for High Elves since years.
    you are talking about a community that flipped its shit over a single line from a game manual being overwritten while the rest of the story was basically untouched. WoW players will rage over ANYTHING
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senarx View Post
    At this point i'd only want them because theyd hopefully share the same casting animation as blood elves. ie, the best casting animation in game.
    That's one of the major reasons why there should be NO differences between playable Blood and High Elf when they get implemented.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 05:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    you are talking about a community that flipped its shit over a single line from a game manual being overwritten while the rest of the story was basically untouched. WoW players will rage over ANYTHING
    Blizz seems to have learned to tank it well though. See Fire Mage ragers. They're perfectly balanced now, yet the majority of their community demands to be made OP again.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if this was said before, but here it goes nonetheless. There isn't much difference between High Elves and Blood Elves.

Initially (before WoW), when the split was made, the only difference between them was political, BEs decided to avenge their fallen, thus the name. After the Sunwell became corrupted, it was destroyed by Kael'thas in order to spare the Elves from becoming corrupted by it's foul magic - the consequence was that their magicthirst got enhanced. After rejoining the Alliance, and being mistreated by that c**t Garithos, this group migrated into Outlands with Vashj, and this was where they started to feed on fel magic, which is commonly accepted the reason why their eyes turned green.

However, it was only during Vanilla and TBC that this source of magic was consumed, since then WotLK, Cata, and now MoP have passed, which in the timeline represents a longer period than hey were subjected to the Fel Magic. Besides, now they are being "fed" by the Sunwell again, this time with Holy magic from M'uru itself, if this doesn't heal them, nothing will.

In theory, there isn't much reason for them to keep their green eyes, other than for us to distinguish them from High Elves in game. Also, given the way the High/Blood Elves relation improved over the years, it seems more likely that they join each other, than having HEs becoming a playable race on the Alliance side.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasconcellos View Post
    In theory, there isn't much reason for them to keep their green eyes, other than for us to distinguish them from High Elves in game. Also, given the way the High/Blood Elves relation improved over the years, it seems more likely that they join each other, than having HEs becoming a playable race on the Alliance side.
    With the recent events in Dalaran the gap between the two parties will most likely grow again for quite some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more new races. Blizzard is already adopting a trend of "Introduce new race, let them become irrelevant after the expansion, in some cases do nothing with them at all! (worgen)"

Races should mean more to the faction than just being a cosmetic skin. If you're going to introduce them they need to add something to the factions story and contribute. As it stands Blizzard has so many races on each faction that they just end up never touching on them and expanding their lore.

I'd rather Blizzard focus on expanding the other races storylines instead on introducing another one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    With the recent events in Dalaran the gap between the two parties will most likely grow again for quite some time.
    Maybe not, BEs mostly blame Garrosh for what happened (ok, and Jaina), not High Elves. Something tell me Lor'themar Theron will play a rather important role in the downfall of Garrosh. And don't forget that Dalaran/Kirin Tor is a originally, and mostly, a Human city/organization.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    No more new races. Blizzard is already adopting a trend of "Introduce new race, let them become irrelevant after the expansion, in some cases do nothing with them at all! (worgen)"

Races should mean more to the faction than just being a cosmetic skin. If you're going to introduce them they need to add something to the factions story and contribute. As it stands Blizzard has so many races on each faction that they just end up never touching on them and expanding their lore.

I'd rather Blizzard focus on expanding the other races storylines instead on introducing another one.
    I think that's why it's time for a third faction--distribute the current races in a lore-cohesive way, cutting down the number of races per faction and expanding upon each faction's storylines.

High elves could even lead a third faction, although it would make more sense if they stuck with humans due to the original pre-wow Alliance makeup. But a lot has happened since then so who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I want high elves even though they wouldn't be as fresh as other options, it would make sense. Much better than gay ass goblins, werewolves, panda's, etc... in my opinion of course <3 knowing Blizzard though we'll instead get vampires and fairies next. #teamedward

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think that's why it's time for a third faction--distribute the current races in a lore-cohesive way, cutting down the number of races per faction and expanding upon each faction's storylines.
    Interesting, which races would you include in this new faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasconcellos View Post
    Interesting, which races would you include in this new faction?
    A list would be extremely hard to do at this stage in the game due to current lore. I suppose a possible scenario could be:

Alliance: Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Draenei, [High Elf]

Horde: Forsaken, Orc, Blood Elf, Troll, Goblin, [Ogre]

Cenarion Circle: Night Elves, Tauren, Worgen, [Dryad]

Pandaren--neutral, any faction.

Could also lump all of the elf races together if future lore allowed (high elves being the faction leader) for the third faction, or goblins - gnomes - dwarves, or have Sylvanas break off from the Horde and take Naga and goblins with her...there is even room for a 4th or even 5th faction if Blizzard has the time or inclination.

Obviously this is pure speculation and would probably never happen, but it would at least make pvp a bit more interesting.

Well, I'm not concerned whether they do or don't add them as a race, seeing as I neither love/hate the idea. Luckily, it would be a relatively easy race to add for lore reasons, which I'm happy with due the the hilariously low-quality media that creative development team has been shitting out as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    I don't think they could re-shuffle any currently playable race into a new faction, unless they add another sect of that race, similar to what is being talked about regarding the elves here. A lot of people identify their characters as being an Alliance X, or a Horde X, and to have that suddenly stripped away from them would be unacceptable.
    Yeah this is why Blizzard probably won't do it, even if they offered everyone a free race/faction change there would be massive qq from a certain percentage of players (justified or no). Which is too bad.

Does WoW REALLY need another Elf race? What is it with fantasy and having multiple races of elves? Dark Elf, High Elf, Low Elf, Sorta-in-the-middle Elf, Wood Elf, Plains Elf, Water Elf etc. etc. etc.

Then amidst all the Elves we have 'Human' 'Dwarf' 'Orc' as if theres only one race of human or one race of Orc. I'd rather see subraces of other races in the game, like Dark Iron Dwarf. If you can justify an entire new race based solely on a different eye color, then I will do the same and suggest Dark Iron Dwarves as a Horde race.