View Poll Results: High Elves: Do you want them?

Voters
938. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

283 30.17%
  • No. We don't need any more races.

102 10.87%
  • No. I'd rather have new races.

385 41.04%
  • I don't care.

168 17.91%
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    With the recent events in Dalaran the gap between the two parties will most likely grow again for quite some time.
    Maybe not, BEs mostly blame Garrosh for what happened (ok, and Jaina), not High Elves. Something tell me Lor'themar Theron will play a rather important role in the downfall of Garrosh. And don't forget that Dalaran/Kirin Tor is a originally, and mostly, a Human city/organization.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    No more new races. Blizzard is already adopting a trend of "Introduce new race, let them become irrelevant after the expansion, in some cases do nothing with them at all! (worgen)"

Races should mean more to the faction than just being a cosmetic skin. If you're going to introduce them they need to add something to the factions story and contribute. As it stands Blizzard has so many races on each faction that they just end up never touching on them and expanding their lore.

I'd rather Blizzard focus on expanding the other races storylines instead on introducing another one.
    I think that's why it's time for a third faction--distribute the current races in a lore-cohesive way, cutting down the number of races per faction and expanding upon each faction's storylines.

High elves could even lead a third faction, although it would make more sense if they stuck with humans due to the original pre-wow Alliance makeup. But a lot has happened since then so who knows.

Yes I want high elves even though they wouldn't be as fresh as other options, it would make sense. Much better than gay ass goblins, werewolves, panda's, etc... in my opinion of course <3 knowing Blizzard though we'll instead get vampires and fairies next. #teamedward

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think that's why it's time for a third faction--distribute the current races in a lore-cohesive way, cutting down the number of races per faction and expanding upon each faction's storylines.
    Interesting, which races would you include in this new faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasconcellos View Post
    Interesting, which races would you include in this new faction?
    A list would be extremely hard to do at this stage in the game due to current lore. I suppose a possible scenario could be:

Alliance: Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Draenei, [High Elf]

Horde: Forsaken, Orc, Blood Elf, Troll, Goblin, [Ogre]

Cenarion Circle: Night Elves, Tauren, Worgen, [Dryad]

Pandaren--neutral, any faction.

Could also lump all of the elf races together if future lore allowed (high elves being the faction leader) for the third faction, or goblins - gnomes - dwarves, or have Sylvanas break off from the Horde and take Naga and goblins with her...there is even room for a 4th or even 5th faction if Blizzard has the time or inclination.

Obviously this is pure speculation and would probably never happen, but it would at least make pvp a bit more interesting.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-01-14 at 02:07 AM. Reason: forgot to include Trolls.

Etc.
    I don't think they could re-shuffle any currently playable race into a new faction, unless they add another sect of that race, similar to what is being talked about regarding the elves here. A lot of people identify their characters as being an Alliance X, or a Horde X, and to have that suddenly stripped away from them would be unacceptable.

Well, I'm not concerned whether they do or don't add them as a race, seeing as I neither love/hate the idea. Luckily, it would be a relatively easy race to add for lore reasons, which I'm happy with due the the hilariously low-quality media that creative development team has been shitting out as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    I don't think they could re-shuffle any currently playable race into a new faction, unless they add another sect of that race, similar to what is being talked about regarding the elves here. A lot of people identify their characters as being an Alliance X, or a Horde X, and to have that suddenly stripped away from them would be unacceptable.
    Yeah this is why Blizzard probably won't do it, even if they offered everyone a free race/faction change there would be massive qq from a certain percentage of players (justified or no). Which is too bad.

Does WoW REALLY need another Elf race? What is it with fantasy and having multiple races of elves? Dark Elf, High Elf, Low Elf, Sorta-in-the-middle Elf, Wood Elf, Plains Elf, Water Elf etc. etc. etc.

Then amidst all the Elves we have 'Human' 'Dwarf' 'Orc' as if theres only one race of human or one race of Orc. I'd rather see subraces of other races in the game, like Dark Iron Dwarf. If you can justify an entire new race based solely on a different eye color, then I will do the same and suggest Dark Iron Dwarves as a Horde race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

- Manakin.

They should've done this in TBC, instead of putting a group of draeneis who did not even exist in the lore.
    Last edited by Nezia; 2013-01-12 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I will do the same and suggest Dark Iron Dwarves as a Horde race.
    Too late, some Dark Iron Dwarves are part of the Alliance, the others hate the Horde as much as they hate the Alliance.
    But, generally, I agree with your idea: Maghar Orcs, Tanuka, Wildhammers etc..

Moira is volatile and could split at any moment, though. Hell, Magni could come back from being diamond and kick her out, it's not like he was particularly happy about her relationship with Thaurissan to begin with.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Mechagnome
    No, I think we have enough races.

Besides, elves are booring.

Sub-race? No problem. New race? Too small and shared-lore to build a new culture and nation.

And, there is no comparison with the Pandaren. The Pandaren share the exact same starting zone. All we (PCs) are nothing more than adventurous following a martial philosophy, we don't represent any Pandaren nation... yet...

Herald of the Titans TheEaterofSouls's Avatar
    The backlash about it being a reskin will be unquestionable. I say NO. Give us new and unique races. Not uncorrupted bloodelves.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    The backlash about it being a reskin will be unquestionable. I say NO. Give us new and unique races. Not uncorrupted bloodelves.
    There would be a backlash only if the Horde got something new and shiny. You'd simply wnat to balance the Alliance HElf with a Horde version of an Alliance race. The Highborne NElfs seem to offer the least contrived mechanic of presenting the Horde with an Alliance race.

You'd simply need to ascertain what work do you want to put in for these new races. New voices? HElfs already use NElf voices. Classes? Should Horde Highborn get the druid class? Animations? Special animations or copied? Start areas? Dedicated or existing?

EJL

Yes, because it's a win-win class. It wouldn't disappoint anyone, in a worse case people simply wouldn't mind them.

Also because of the lore.. but then again, like everything else, it should be a GOOD job lore-wise.

The Patient
    I never understood why RACE has to be the limiting factor of a faction. Of course that's how WoW has written itself of course, but at no point does it make much sense. Most conflicts are a conflict of interest, and factions are created based on ideas of what's rigth/wrong and people chose a side. WoW just forced War out of nothing, to have a selling point I guess..

I'd be interesting to see warcraft maybe evolve into something else than Race vs Race after a while..cause honestly, since TFT there has been no incentive at all for war, just smaller conflicts here and there...

A list would be extremely hard to do at this stage in the game due to current lore. I suppose a possible scenario could be:

Horde: Forsaken, Orc, Blood Elf, Goblin, [Ogre]

Cenarion Circle: Night Elves, Tauren, Worgen, [Dryad]

Pandaren--neutral, any faction.
    No Dryads. Don't want to see 4-legged playable races. It should stay restricted to 2-legged races. And you forgot Trolls. Besides Forsaken don't fit into the Horde much.

If there ever had to be more than 2 factions then it should be like this....

Horde: Orc, Blood Elf, Troll, Goblin, [Ogre]
    Cenarion Circle: Night Elves, Tauren, Worgen
    Forsaken: Undead Human, Undead Elf, Undead Orc

Pandaren should remain exclusively Alliance and Horde only, not the other 2.
    Cenarion is allied with the Alliance, and Forsaken is allied with the Horde when it comes to 2-way content such as Battlegrounds. World PvP is 4-way.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No Dryads. Don't want to see 4-legged playable races. It should stay restricted to 2-legged races. And you forgot Trolls. Besides Forsaken don't fit into the Horde much.

If there ever had to be more than 2 factions then it should be like this....

Horde: Orc, Blood Elf, Troll, Goblin, [Ogre]
    Cenarion Circle: Night Elves, Tauren, Worgen
    Forsaken: Undead Human, Undead Elf, Undead Orc

Pandaren should remain exclusively Alliance and Horde only, not the other 2.
    Cenarion is allied with the Alliance, and Forsaken is allied with the Horde when it comes to 2-way content such as Battlegrounds. World PvP is 4-way.
    You're right, I did forget troll. I do like your 4 faction setup...I always found that undead humans only being playable was rather odd.

Pvp faction setup is good, would be less work for the devs.