Poll: High Elves: Do you want them?

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I just can't understand this point of view. Nothing is being taken from the Horde at all. High Elves aren't in the Horde. Why would the Horde deserve to crap all over logic and lore in the current game to take an Alliance race? I don't get it.

Shen'dralar has allied with Darnassus. Dark Iron Dwarves, being ruled now by Moira have joined with their Dwarven brethren.

I heard the same whining about Horde getting Blood Elves in BC. "Horde get a rehashed... blah blah blah" but that all worked out fine didn't it?

Deleted
    High Elves should NOT get a different models or animations than Blood Elves, and Dryads (and any other 4-legged races) are a big NO-NO, end of discussion.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt metzen or someone else from blizz state that most high elves became blood elves after the atrocities happened to their race and that their are not enough high elves to constitute a new race for players?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrus View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt metzen or someone else from blizz state that most high elves became blood elves after the atrocities happened to their race and that their are not enough high elves to constitute a new race for players?
    They also said that flying mounts would never be allowed in Azeroth's main continents.

Yes, because I like the model but dislike Horde.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

No. This isn't world of Elfcraft. This game needs more diversity. I want new races to be as unique as possible, with little in common with other races including their appearance.

Deleted
    Because a fractured race that is a tiny amount of the ACTUAL population of their species is totally cause for them to be a playable race.

We already have enough elves, High Elves are basically boring versions of Blood Elves anyway and serve next to no purpose as a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokor View Post
    the player base
    Has absolutely no idea what it wants.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    High elves would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    High Elves should NOT get a different models or animations than Blood Elves, and Dryads (and any other 4-legged races) are a big NO-NO, end of discussion.
    Why can't we have a 4-legged race?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    High elves would be great.

Why can't we have a 4-legged race?
    Doesn't fit into a civilized faction. Way too much resources needed to make gear fit them etc. We won't ever see Nerubians, Mantid etc for those reasons.
    Those are the reason why Worgen and Tauren were made 2-legged instead of 4.

Doesn't fit into a civilized faction. Way too much resources needed to make gear fit them etc. We won't ever see Nerubians, Mantid etc for those reasons.
    Those are the reason why Worgen and Tauren were made 2-legged instead of 4.
    Not necessarily, the armor showing would probably be chest/shoulders/helm/hands for a dryad...Blizz could taper the chestpiece in a way that it would look decent.

Leggings/footgear would look weird, though, and so I'd imagine that those wouldn't be exposed (much like footwear on a female troll doesn't show up when worn).

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Not necessarily, the armor showing would probably be chest/shoulders/helm/hands for a dryad...Blizz could taper the chestpiece in a way that it would look decent. Leggings/footgear would look weird, though.
    I've never understood the whole gear issue really. I think maybe Blizz has mentioned it a few times in Tweets or something as being an odd design to work with, but the Undead already break half their armor, while we've got the Trolls, Tauren, Worgen, and I'm pretty sure Draenei not even using their shoes. I don't think it'd be that hard to show leggings as more of a wrap-around-type armor, and either just not use the shoes (yet again) or show them as a smaller band below the leggings. Could work for Naga, too.
    That's not to say I necessarily want any of those races playable (though they'd all be cool, none would be my first choice).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Not necessarily, the armor showing would probably be chest/shoulders/helm/hands for a dryad...Blizz could taper the chestpiece in a way that it would look decent.

Leggings/footgear would look weird, though, and so I'd imagine that those wouldn't be exposed (much like footwear on a female troll doesn't show up when worn).
    Isn't a dryad just a night elf crossed with a stag anyway? Centaurs would be more interesting.

Isn't a dryad just a night elf crossed with a stag anyway? Centaurs would be more interesting.
    Pretty much, I just listed dryads/keepers of the grove (male version of dryad) because they are the membership races of the Cenarion Circle. Officially in lore they are the sons and daughters of Cenarius. Their in game models tend to resemble half night elves, although the model for Mylune looks pretty good and semi-distinct and would be a good model for a dryad race...Mylune isn't a dryad however, she is a nymph. According to wowwiki, some nymphs in wow are evolved from dryads (such as the frost nymphs in Northrend).

Not gonna lie, centaurs would be pretty cool though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Balthalzar View Post
    They do however provide interesting development for other races.

High Elves properly cemented into the Alliance would finally give Blood Elves a personal stake into sticking with the Horde. Right now, there's logical reasons why they're still there, and gameplay reasons, but nothing else. There's nothing that inherently makes them or the players feel a connection to the Horde. This would provide that; a direct opposition to their authority that is allied with their enemy.
    No, they do not. The High Elves barely had any significant role until WotlK. Since then their lore has only revolved around the Blood Elves. Their lore is basically blood elf lore.

What do you mean by having the High Elves cemented into the Alliance? I mean, they already are. They have shown their true colors and the Blood Elves now have their reasons to stick with the Horde.

Again, they do not need to become playable to be create an intriguing storyline.

Simple, in warcraft 3 they were THE healers of the alliance, and lets be honest, its not like they would have a lot of work to do, all the assetts for them are in game already, just add a silver covenant refuge where the park was in stormwind and have them start IN the city doing phased quests in the town till lvl 5 simple!

I'd love if they remade the race as "Elf" and then had a neutral questline similar to the Pandaren where you'd choose your faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    I'd love if they remade the race as "Elf" and then had a neutral questline similar to the Pandaren where you'd choose your faction.
    If they did that though it'd have to take place waaaaay far back in history though, basically like CoT. Even the division between High and Blood Elves was some time ago (15-20 years isn't a whole lot, but longer than WoW's timeline anyway). The division between Night and High Elves goes even further back, we're talking thousands of years now. It's not as simple a matter with them as the Pandaren's difference of opinion. Night Elves and High/Blood Elves are at this point physically different, way more so than a little eye color change.
    So while that would be kind of cool/handy, it would probably be pretty clunky or weird to actually implement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    If they did that though it'd have to take place waaaaay far back in history though, basically like CoT. Even the division between High and Blood Elves was some time ago (15-20 years isn't a whole lot, but longer than WoW's timeline anyway). The division between Night and High Elves goes even further back, we're talking thousands of years now. It's not as simple a matter with them as the Pandaren's difference of opinion. Night Elves and High/Blood Elves are at this point physically different, way more so than a little eye color change.
    So while that would be kind of cool/handy, it would probably be pretty clunky or weird to actually implement.
    I believe they were suggesting for Sin'dorei and Quel'dorei
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    Yeah, I think he mean just high/blood.

Adding a zone a la pandaren (instead of just the bi-factional gameplay) seems highly unlikely. But boy oh boy, would it be cool as balls. It would take place during the fall of Silvermoon!!

The first 6 levels could be during the fall of Silvermoon, and the levels after a cinematic would be set on the time during Rommath's return and his teachings to siphon fel energy. A small civil war, then it would be chosing to stay on Quel'thalas or to be exiled.

And taking it a step further, Ghostlands would be reworked as a 12-20 for the alliance and the high elven beachhead to retake quel'talas. and Eversong woods as a lvl 12-20 for the horde, with the blood elves repelling the invasion. Then later at max lvl you'd revisit the areas (mayeb adding Zul'Aman?)

This is purely wishful thinking!