Poll: High Elves: Do you want them?

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i want to be an alliance blood elf
    That pretty much sums up what the general consensus would be.

I myself would rather have more variance displayed in the playable races, but I'd be a fool to think that an Alliance High Elf wouldn't be popular as all hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 'Player Base' is not a monolith.

(having said that no I kinda assume that while some would welcome or outright celebrate their addition I think many more people either want some other, more different (moreawesometoolikeogres) race or don't want new races at all and would prefer resources spent in a variety if elsewheres. Personally no, high elves don't excite me really.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    I primarily play Horde so I don't really care if the Alliance gets playable High Elves. I am pretty excited for updated player models, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Um, high elves don't have fucking blood elf racials. THEY aren't addicted to goddamned magic.
    Since when? The exact reason why High Elves became addicted to magic was because the sunwell was destroyed. Blood Elves are simply the High Elves who aligned with Kael'thas. Point me to a canon source saying otherwise or you're just getting upset over a simple truth.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, high elves don't have fucking blood elf racials. THEY aren't addicted to goddamned magic.
    They are, the major cultural schism arose between high and blood elves based on how they dealt with the addiction. Blood elves sought to drain small amounts of mana from Quel'Thalas's version of glorified rats and weaponized it by unleashing stored mana in a torrent to overload casters' senses. High elves fought the addiction pains through meditation, stubborness, and sheer willpower.

Also, horde already have an alliance race, pandaren. Not even a reskin or recolor!
    The pandaren are a neutral race where two schools of thought from a cultural offshoot joined the Alliance and Horde. Saying the pandaren are an Alliance race given to the Horde makes little sense.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    Give us some reptiles, insectoids, and avians to play.
    Like Sauroks, Mantid and Arrakoa? They wouldn't make much sence in either faction. Could as well add the Mogu.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    That was by one guy, who later was killed in a fit of karma. This was not, and is not the feelings of any/all humans, not in WC or WoW lore.
    Also, the Alliance never sent help during or after the Scourge invasion of Quel'Thalas/the Sunwell. They never sent aid afterwards. The nearest faction to help was the Forsaken (Windrunner sister drama, has Vareesa ever talked to Sylvanas, where the hell is Alleria?). The come and help and guess what the Alliance does? Sends a Dwarf spy and a fleet of Night Elves to set up Martial Law. That was so helpful. So we killed them. And that is what pushed all the Highe Elves (Blood Elves) to the Horde.

If anything the only High Elves still allied to the Alliance are either in bed with the Alliance or so far removed from the events of Azeroth to have never learned.

I wouldn't be super excited about high elves, but I can't really think of any other races they could add. Unless they have another new race of aliens crash on Azeroth, the options are getting kind of limited. I guess we could always discover more mist-shrouded islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Like Sauroks, Mantid and Arrakoa? They wouldn't make much sence in either faction. Could as well add the Mogu.
    If they added essentially the "Jinyu of Arrakoa" as a species on another planet in the Burning Legion expansion it'd be kind of awesome. Horde and Alliance could both be trying to open portals to reach distress signals from long-lost members of their people only to find themselves in two separate lands (or even planets, but I wouldn't push my luck) that are being invaded by the Burning Legion on their way to Azeroth. Each with a different dominant people and thus making first contact and allegiance.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Since when? The exact reason why High Elves became addicted to magic was because the sunwell was destroyed. Blood Elves are simply the High Elves who aligned with Kael'thas. Point me to a canon source saying otherwise or you're just getting upset over a simple truth.
    The high elves still have blue eyes. They NEVER succumbed to, or hungered for, fel energy. They never had that problem. A blue poster said that in as many words.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    They are, the major cultural schism arose between high and blood elves based on how they dealt with the addiction. Blood elves sought to drain small amounts of mana from Quel'Thalas's version of glorified rats and weaponized it by unleashing stored mana in a torrent to overload casters' senses. High elves fought the addiction pains through meditation, stubborness, and sheer willpower.
    Nope. All Qual'Thalassians (High/Blood elf has a faction tie to it) are the same. They are the same exact race, except for allignment. When the Sunwell was destroyed they all had to deal with the addiction. All of them. So they dealt with it by consuming magic from creatures or from the nether (mages were less affected by this, go figure). The Blood Elves took M'uru as a gift and the Blood Knights drain M'uru for its light.

Don't go saying High Elves dealt with it differently. They dealt with it the same as all the others.

I agree with this. I am not too keen on elves, or on high elves, but it would make sense for them to be a playable race in my opinion. They have been in the warcraft series since WC2.

Blood Elves are good enough for me.

The high elves still have blue eyes. They NEVER succumbed to, or hungered for, fel energy. They never had that problem. A blue poster said that in as many words.
    Actually in the lore that isn't true. The Elves (including Night Elves) have both Blue and Green eyes.

I'd rather they just implement "Traitor" races... you start off at hated or unfriendly and you can be an Alliance race on the horde side or visa vera..

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Also, the Alliance never sent help during or after the Scourge invasion of Quel'Thalas/the Sunwell. They never sent aid afterwards. The nearest faction to help was the Forsaken (Windrunner sister drama, has Vareesa ever talked to Sylvanas, where the hell is Alleria?). The come and help and guess what the Alliance does? Sends a Dwarf spy and a fleet of Night Elves to set up Martial Law. That was so helpful. So we killed them. And that is what pushed all the Highe Elves (Blood Elves) to the Horde.

If anything the only High Elves still allied to the Alliance are either in bed with the Alliance or so far removed from the events of Azeroth to have never learned.
    Well this certainly is a new spin on the canon.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Well this certainly is a new spin on the canon.....
    Play the Blood Elf start area. If it's in game then it is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Also, the Alliance never sent help during or after the Scourge invasion of Quel'Thalas/the Sunwell. They never sent aid afterwards
    The Alliance was in ruins, it barely even existed at that time. The Alliance at that time consisted of Lordaeron, Stormwind and some token support from Ironforge - one of those nations was in worse shape than Quel'thalas and the other two were so far away they didn't even hear what was happening until months later.

This poll is biased anyway, seeing as there are 2 options for no but only 1 for yes.
    I don't think you understand how polls work. What it boils down to is the people who say yes will vote yes, and the people who vote no will have their votes spread amongst the no choices. In the end there will be the same number of yes and no votes so it doesn't matter if the no options are even with yes, or outnumber it by 1000.

Back on topic though, I would rather have a new third neutral faction than continue as it is now and have to deal with lore I could have thought up in Junior High to fill up the glaring gaps in story.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    The pandaren are a neutral race where two schools of thought from a cultural offshoot joined the Alliance and Horde. Saying the pandaren are an Alliance race given to the Horde makes little sense.
    The Pandaren are obviously an alliance race- it was even intended to be in BC instead of Space Goats. They are Panda bears, and needed to be written in such a way that some ended up allied with the horde.