Poll: High Elves: Do you want them?

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    I don't want Horde filth around me though.
    This poll is biased anyway, seeing as there are 2 options for no but only 1 for yes.
    And what other option for yes would there be?

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Oh, it's totally biased. OP is some hordie apologist. As if implementing high elves would cost the game "races".
    First of all, what makes me a horde apologist? Second, I never said it would cost the game races but its logical to infer that if they added them it would reduce the chances of a new one being given to the Alliance side.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    For completely selfish reason, I would very much like high elves.

The thing with me is that I really like the elven race: their lore, their appearance, their in game voices and such. At the same time though, I'm not exactly attached to the Horde; they're the opposite of the sort of faction that I would like to have my characters' associated with. I like the classic 'good guy' fantasy races with their extravagant cities, pretty landscapes, and (relatively) pretty people. The Horde is much too barbaric in aesthetics for my liking, and I only play on that side because my like for blood elves outweigh those drawbacks.

I have never noticed the eye colour of any of my characters.

They've painted themselves into a corner by making Blood Elves a Horde race. And they should've let it be and not brought up the subject of High Elves again in the lore... what was the point of the Silver Covenant other than to get RP nuts excited for nothing?

There's already too many different factions of Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Since Vanilla, have I been wondering WHY they weren't a race. Then every Xpac I wonder the same thing.

Its not that I love High Elves, it would just make sense. A lot more so than some choices they have made, or might make in the future.
    It would've made sense, until they gave Blood Elves to the Horde. Now it wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Play the Blood Elf start area. If it's in game then it is canon.
    Not exactly, no. Maybe you should read this full article. http://www.wowwiki.com/High_elf

10+ Year Old Account
    I want High Elves on the Alliance and Eredar on the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Of course not. This would be like having playable Lordaeron Humans. Almost indistinguishable in appearance because they're just the same race with a different group name. They'd have the same racials, the same class choices, and the same models in the character creator with the only difference being eye color. Period.
    They could have various hairstyles and colors to be different, with that said. You basically have that with the worgen. Sure they have the wolven look but if you don't use that form you have a human that looks identical to the currently humans. Then you have the pandas, so having the argument "Almost indistinguishable in appearance because they're just the same race" is kind of moot in this case. The Panderan ARE the same race, and they look exactly a like .... on both factions so you can't tell which is which unless you hover over them. :x
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The Alliance was in ruins, it barely even existed at that time. The Alliance at that time consisted of Lordaeron, Stormwind and some token support from Ironforge - one of those nations was in worse shape than Quel'thalas and the other two were so far away they didn't even hear what was happening until months later.
    The point is the Alliance betrayed them on the battlefield and never looked back. And then they go and start using espionage and invading? Really? Is that what friendly nations do?

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    The Pandaren are obviously an alliance race- it was even intended to be in BC instead of Space Goats. They are Panda bears, and needed to be written in such a way that some ended up allied with the horde.
    One of the reasons they didn't go ahead with Pandaren in BC is that it didn't feel right that they'd wind up an Alliance only race. They've always been neutral. You're just assuming they should be an Alliance race because they're nice and only jerks join the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    High elves fought the addiction pains through meditation, stubborness, and sheer willpower.
    actually the majority of high elves gave in to their addictions and became wretched, theres a reason wretched have blue eyes
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2013-01-09 at 05:47 AM. Reason: so many spelling errors in one sentence
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

I would love High Elves. Lore aside, I'm not a fan of playing Night Elves really (the blue/green/purple/white hair color, meh), and I don't play Horde (though I have a Blood Elf that I got to 50 or so, I think). I would definitely make one or two on my account if I had the chance.

I think I'd also like a familiar race more than I would a brand new or unfamiliar race to be introduced. For me it'd have more impact since they already have a deep history with the Alliance, rather than the Jinyu and some of the other suggestions I've seen. But that's just my opinion.

Not exactly, no. Maybe you should read this full article. http://www.wowwiki.com/High_elf
    That doesn't make anything I've already posted not true. It talks about everything up to the Scourge attack. It also says that those High Elves that are still allied to the Alliance are few in number and are far between. Many have families with Humans (in bed) and the others have been assimilated (stuck due to inability to go home).

Deleted
    The point is the Alliance betrayed them on the battlefield and never looked back. And then they go and start using espionage and invading? Really? Is that what friendly nations do?
    America did the same to the UK 220 years ago, yet they're in the same alliance again today.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Since when? The exact reason why High Elves became addicted to magic was because the sunwell was destroyed. Blood Elves are simply the High Elves who aligned with Kael'thas. Point me to a canon source saying otherwise or you're just getting upset over a simple truth.
    They were addicted to magic at least since the construction of the original Sunwell. They felt withdrawals when it was destroyed. The Blood Elves who allied with Kael'thas ingested fel magic as a substitute for the arcane magic they used to "feed" on. The High Elves who refused to do so just tried to cope with the pangs of addiction through meditation and so forth, with limited success.

Now that the Sunwell has been restored both Blood Elves and High Elves are drawing power from it again, meaning the Blood Elves have no need for fel magic and the High Elves can stop being tee-totalers. In other words they're pretty much back to being the same (the green eyes of the Blood Elves should really begin to fade in fact).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think for a lore standpoint it's hard to justify adding high elves as a playable race. I think wasn't most, nearly all the surviving high elves became blood elves and a very small minority of high elves remained, who didn't become blood elves? Like are there enough in the world to justify being a playable race?

I could see them evolving into a neutral type race... join the Alliance you stay a high elf. Join the Horde and become a blood elf. Still I think with technical standpoint some players on the Alliance who feel cheated like they got regifted a player race from the other faction with a different coat of paint. Especially if the Horde got something to even the playing field like something new.

Plus I like blood elves on the Horde side, kinda of a nice clash of culture and break from the traditional fantasy cliche of the 'high' elves fighting orcs and goblins. But hey, who am I to say what the future will or won't bring?

10+ Year Old Account
    America did the same to the UK 220 years ago, yet they're in the same alliance again today.
    ok, we'll check back in 220 years from now and see if blood elves have rejoined the alliance

also that is so much more different than anything in WoW

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 06:57 PM ----------

Well this certainly is a new spin on the canon.....
    if you did the eversong and ghostlands quests you would find what he said actually IS canon
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2013-01-09 at 05:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

That doesn't make anything I've already posted not true. It talks about everything up to the Scourge attack. It also says that those High Elves that are still allied to the Alliance are few in number and are far between. Many have families with Humans (in bed) and the others have been assimilated (stuck due to inability to go home).
    It makes a lot of what you said untrue, yes. You obviously dislike the alliance, thus put a huge spin/bias against them... read that whole article, I know you didn't read the whole thing.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 01:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    ok, we'll check back in 220 years from now and see if blood elves have rejoined the alliance

also that is so much more different than anything in WoW

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 06:57 PM ----------

if you did the eversong and ghostlands quests you would find what he said actually IS canon
    What he is conveniently forgetting, is the huge time that has passed from the third war, and to now, when Darnassus has sent spies to Eversong.

Wouldn't mind to much as long as they include some cool races along side them, have always thought it be cool to be a naga or orge, I know lore goes against alot of them but just from a what like personally.

Like Sauroks, Mantid and Arrakoa? They wouldn't make much sence in either faction. Could as well add the Mogu.
    Or Worgen? Or Eredar? Or Death Knights? Those arguments are always silly. Stranger things have already happened.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

according to this http://www.wowpedia.org/High_elf There are still a good bit of high elves alive in lore compared to say the Darkspear tribe which is only suppose to have a couple hundred trolls.

BLOOD DWARVES!

BRILLIANT!

Tbh, 99% of people who play this game do not know what they want, but they want it now.