Poll: High Elves: Do you want them?

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    How exactly? He claimed that High Elves don't have an addiction to magic, and that made them somehow distinct. They do indeed have an addiction to magic, the only difference between the two being that blood elves draw from outside sources to sate that addiction while high elves do not. And even that is a non issue since the cleansing of the sunwell. So how exactly am I wrong? Wrong in that high elves would have different racials? On what grounds?
    they do indeed, lore wise prior to the restoration of the sunwell Stormwind high elves would sate their addiction from the energies of the moonwell in the park district, much to the irritation of the night elves.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Well thats really up to Blizzard, as they could easily be very different. Philosophically, BE's couldn't sate their addiction anymore ( many became wretched) some went to Throught the Dark Portal for extensive time, Horde life versus Alliance life...
    Blood elves could still sate their addiction, though they simply had to be careful.Wretched are born if any high or blood elf looses control and consumes too much magic too fast, triggering an evolution. Not to mention blizzards current canon lore says they are physically the same race, except for that little eye glint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    if alliance get highelfs i want *looks at the available alliance races* umm...worgen i guess...that seems to be the only race that doesn't totally suck on alliance side >.<
    You already have enough feral races, take the Gnomes and live with it.

if alliance get highelfs i want *looks at the available alliance races* umm...worgen i guess...that seems to be the only race that doesn't totally suck on alliance side >.<
    This makes no sense at all..

10+ Year Old Account
    you can have gnomes.. exclusively.

seriously though, they could easily have a dark iron dwarf faction join the horde or something.
    Last edited by Skronk; 2013-01-09 at 11:02 PM.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

We already have them in game. They are the blood elves. If that doesn't float your boat than you got the Night elves. You don't need any more damn elves. If they did add more elves you can bet they would look just like all the other damn elves in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the Magic Resist, or the Enchanting bonus. But by no means would they have torrent. (You yourself stated they refuse to draw magic from living beings, which is the only point of that ability)
    Guys this point is really moot, just give Arcane Torrent to high elves but with other flavor text and name. The important thing would be the balance, you can find a lore explanation for a gameplay effect :/

15+ Year Old Account
    This is in no way an argument proving they would in fact have the same racials.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 05:57 PM ----------

According to the wiki, its 250 years or so, not sure wher eyou are getting those facts...
    King Anasterian. Led the Quel'dorei in the Troll Wars which occured ~2800 years before the Orcish invasion from Draenor. Anasterian, the guy who Arthas killed while invading Quel'thalas.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    they do indeed, lore wise prior to the restoration of the sunwell Stormwind high elves would sate their addiction from the energies of the moonwell in the park district, much to the irritation of the night elves.
    Maybe Deathwing didn't just randomly choose the park as a target. Night Elf sabotage maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No, but they should. There's no reason to demand more resources to be invested where it is completely unnecessary.
    Thats a point of view issue. You may not care, or want High Elves, but that doesn't mean everyone thinks like you.

I could say "There is no reason to demand more resources put into LFR, where it is completely unnecessary" ... but that doesn;t many many people would agree with me.

I want NAGA
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I want NAGA
    If they would get a switching form like the worgen, it might be possible, though unlikely.

Deleted
    Thats a point of view issue. You may not care, or want High Elves, but that doesn't mean everyone thinks like you.

I could say "There is no reason to demand more resources put into LFR, where it is completely unnecessary" ... but that doesn;t many many people would agree with me.
    The difference is, High Elves wouldn't really be High Elves anymore if they changed them away from the current ingame High Elf look to look different than Blood Elves. Players who want them wouldn't accept them. This is one of those cases where a copy/rehash is more than acceptable. Rehashes like Dragon Soul were not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    King Anasterian. Led the Quel'dorei in the Troll Wars which occured ~2800 years before the Orcish invasion from Draenor. Anasterian, the guy who Arthas killed while invading Quel'thalas.
    The life span of high elves is several hundred years. They reach adulthood at 110 years, a "venerable" age at roughly 350 years, and most dying of old age at approximately 263 years. A few may reach "venerable" age at roughly 350 years with maximum lifespan between 354 and 390 years,[14] and even fewer may live as long as two thousand years.[15][16]
    http://www.wowwiki.com/High_elf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhaalu View Post
    Where is this thread even coming from? Has this debate been coming up lately at all?
    Blizzard's excuse for not introducing playable High Elves or Alliance-aligned Blood Elves was that they were graphically identical to Horde Blood Elves. With the introduction of Pandaren, that excuse has gone out the window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Wowwiki uses outdated lore, these maximum lifespans are taken from the rpg books, which are all considered non canon, high/blood elves live for several thousand years.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Blood_elf#cite_note-23
    http://www.wowpedia.org/High_elf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    We already have them in game. They are the blood elves. If that doesn't float your boat than you got the Night elves. You don't need any more damn elves. If they did add more elves you can bet they would look just like all the other damn elves in the game.
    Come on! You are missing the point. You can't kill blood elves as a blood elf, you can't pit alliance v/s horde just with blood elves. The greatest thing including high elves would bring to the game would be an awesome civil war with each side sponsored by a faction. There's just so much hatred between these two groups, each believing they are in the right that it would make for some terrific content. They both have claim to Quel'thalas, and now with the sunwell on the verge of being weaponized, it is the time for WAR!

I have through for a long tome that blizz dropped the ball on this, and now that the silhouette model is out of the picture, lets go for it!!

10+ Year Old Account
    The RPG lifespan lists are no longer canon, according to the lore team Elves who are cut off from sources of immortality live for a few millennia by default. It's entirely concieveable that Anasterian was the same king.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    You missed the part where the citations for that come from the WoW RPG which is non canon...
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Again, maybe we dislike the Horde.