Poll: High Elves: Do you want them?

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    IF the High Elves became an Alliance Playable race who gonna join the horde to balance the game? The Broken Draenei? The Highborne Night Elves? Who?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    IF the High Elves became an Alliance Playable race who gonna join the horde to balance the game? The Broken Draenei? The Highborne Night Elves? Who?
    Dark iron dwarves, as an example. Perhaps some worgen might defect to Horde. Maybe the Broken will join it. Who knows, there are options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    They belong there as much as orcs, tauren, trolls and goblins belong on the Horde side.
    given how long it took them to give horde goblins...

I would cite dwindling numbers, but demographically, Blood elves would have a population size similar to that of the forsaken, yet are the most played race on many servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    No we want to play Alliance High Elves :P
    People want to play them on Alliance side. We were always able to play them on Horde side, but you might've noticed that's not what we want. There are still High Elves in the Alliance.
    I think that's one reason they won't do it. Because players would feel like they're not really getting something new. Which is really a shame. I would also like a new race. I can't get enough new races. But to me High Elves should have always been playable on the Alliance side. They belong there as much as dwarves, humans and gnomes. They belong there as much as orcs, tauren, trolls and goblins belong on the Horde side.
    I appreciate what you're trying to say and like I mentioned, I understand its something a few people feel very strongly about - which is why I'm trying to be nice as I don't want to get anyone's back up

I did also however try to get across my view that they are the same thing - I don't view Twilight's Hammer Orcs as different to Horde Orcs, they just believe different things. That's the kind of difference I personally see between High and Blood elves. Just to put it out there, I am horde but my favorite race is Draenei male. I would love to be able to play them Horde side but its just not something I think would be a good idea. (You probably think i'm lying about the Draenei thing, but I just love power-tops!)

Anyway, my sympathies go out to your ilk but I just think it would be a pointless/bad move.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Dark iron dwarves, as an example. Perhaps some worgen might defect to Horde. Maybe the Broken will join it. Who knows, there are options out there.
    Yeah, I forgot the Dark Iron, but man, it would be awesome if the Broken join the Horde led by Akama...A fair trade!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't need more elves in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Don't need more elves in the game.
    Is there a quota?

Deleted
    Any type of Elfs would be fine with me. I hate the far eastern theme of Pandaria, it's such are jarring shift from the toiken fantasy style of the World I love. I think WoW needs to steer back to the normal fantasy theme.

Alliance version of blood elfs, but the horde will need something to put off the balance

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    So how about Pandaren?
    There is one group of Pandas on each faction. There is one group of Elves on each faction. That makes two types of playable Pandaren, two types of playable Elves, and even two types of playable Human - both Alliance (Worgen). Every other race has one playable type available to them. /math

Sooo.... done and done! That comparison doesn't make much sense to me in the argument for High Elves as a new playable race. What you're asking for is a third group of Elves, not "What the Pandaren have."

Just sayin.
    Last edited by Roulette Kneebasha; 2013-01-10 at 10:36 PM.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Please no. WoW needs more elves in game like America needs more fat people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BE's become neutral faction, both get them, Horde gets Ogres like they always should have had.

Hate to be the one to point this out but there are playable high elves in the game right now. they are called night elf mages. lorewise night elves have not only eschewed arcane magic but practice there of was penalized by death so any night elves with the ability to use arcane magic either had to flee for their lives and join either the belfs or the high elves or were put to death. During cata the high elves in dire maul were allowed to rejoin the night elves due to their vision of what would happen if they didnt. thus night elf mages, which were actually high elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unidragon View Post
    Hate to be the one to point this out but there are playable high elves in the game right now. they are called night elf mages. lorewise night elves have not only eschewed arcane magic but practice there of was penalized by death so any night elves with the ability to use arcane magic either had to flee for their lives and join either the belfs or the high elves or were put to death. During cata the high elves in dire maul were allowed to rejoin the night elves due to their vision of what would happen if they didnt. thus night elf mages, which were actually high elves.
    OMG NO!!! Stop using this argument people, it is just not true. At best is a logical fallacy based on naming, but we all know here that we are refering to the pinky smaller blond elves that survived the destruction of the Quel'thalas and are loyal to the alliance. Those elves are 10000 years of evolution apart from the highborne night elves.

So just stop "pointing this out" because it's a false equivalency!!

At the end, this is just about personal taste because there are no hard reasons either in favor or against.

Yeah, I forgot the Dark Iron, but man, it would be awesome if the Broken join the Horde led by Akama...A fair trade!
    I don't know if you know what fair and logic are.... The broken have never really had any type relationship with the Horde... while High Elves have been in the Alliance since Warcraft 2.... Ogres would be more fitting imo...

I'm just not seeing how some of these people are getting this idea of what Horde should get... Dark Iron going to Horde would alter a HUGE amount of quests/dungeons/raids ... considering A LOT of the Vanilla era had to do with them. Same with the Amani Trolls. Same with the Broken and Akama.

High Elves already literally exist in the Alliance. They are not hostile to both sides, or neutral to both sides like many of you are forgetting. High Elves are literally already friendly quest NPCS in the Alliance. They have been in the Alliance for years and years... this is why it would make sense.

I see why people would want a "new" race to be added for Horde/Alliance... but "new" isn't always better. In the case of "new" in WoW, it would have to be very random, and full of lore pretty uch made up on the spot.

"The Jinyu you met in MoP, well after knowing them for a year, have decided to quit everything they normally stand for, all their important stuff, and want to join the Alliance cause!"

-OR-

"Dalaran is back on mainland Azzeroth, and the Silver Covenant, full of High Elven Alliance supporters (since vanilla) are here to help the Alliance fight the Horde!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't know if you know what fair and logic are.... The broken have never really had any type relationship with the Horde... while High Elves have been in the Alliance since Warcraft 2.... Ogres would be more fitting imo...

I'm just not seeing how some of these people are getting this idea of what Horde should get... Dark Iron going to Horde would alter a HUGE amount of quests/dungeons/raids ... considering A LOT of the Vanilla era had to do with them. Same with the Amani Trolls. Same with the Broken and Akama.

High Elves already literally exist in the Alliance. They are not hostile to both sides, or neutral to both sides like many of you are forgetting. High Elves are literally already friendly quest NPCS in the Alliance. They have been in the Alliance for years and years... this is why it would make sense.

I see why people would want a "new" race to be added for Horde/Alliance... but "new" isn't always better. In the case of "new" in WoW, it would have to be very random, and full of lore pretty uch made up on the spot.

"The Jinyu you met in MoP, well after knowing them for a year, have decided to quit everything they normally stand for, all their important stuff, and want to join the Alliance cause!"

-OR-

"Dalaran is back on mainland Azzeroth, and the Silver Covenant, full of High Elven Alliance supporters (since vanilla) are here to help the Alliance fight the Horde!"
    So, since we are tinhatting, lets get hypothetical.

It is not necessary that the horde gains an alliance race such as dark irons; adding a unique race to the horde, such as Ogres (historically also part of the horde) would balance the factions the same way.

Human<------------------------->Orc
    Dwarf<-------------------------->Troll
    Gnome<------------------------->Goblin
    Night Elf<----------------------->Tauren
    Draenei<------------------------>Ogre
    Worgen<------------------------>Forsaken
    High Elf<------------------------>Blood Elf
    Tushi Pandaren<----------------->Huojin Pandaren

So that would be a solution that respects faction balance

Another option would be broken; obviously we know that traditionally the broken, the krokul, have been independant; recetly some tribes have joined with the alliance such as the kurenai and several dreghood under the tutelage of the omenai in Telhamat. But the Ashtongue, under Akama, once allied with the blood elves; and although most of those elves became enemies to all living things, several joined the horde like the belves in quel'thalas. It is not entirely outside the realm of possibility that Akama revisited this alliance. Moreso, the broken philosophy is more akin to the horde than alliance.

Though I personally would like broken on the alliance instead than the horde.

Another race that I find viable from some crossing are the worgen; i'm sure there most be some packs dissapointed enough with Crowley willing to cut a deal with the devil to return home peacefully.
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2013-01-10 at 11:53 PM. Reason: formating

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    So, since we are tinhatting, lets get hypothetical.

It is not necessary that the horde gains an alliance race such as dark irons; adding a unique race to the horde, such as Ogres (historically also part of the horde) would balance the factions the same way.

Human<------------------------->Orc
    Dwarf<-------------------------->Troll
    Gnome<------------------------->Goblin
    Night Elf<----------------------->Tauren
    Draenei<------------------------>Ogre
    Worgen<------------------------>Forsaken
    High Elf<------------------------>Blood Elf
    Tushi Pandaren<----------------->Huojin Pandaren

So that would be a solution that respects faction balance

Another option would be broken; obviously we know that traditionally the broken, the krokul, have been independant; recetly some tribes have joined with the alliance such as the kurenai and several dreghood under the tutelage of the omenai in Telhamat. But the Ashtongue, under Akama, once allied with the blood elves; and although most of those elves became enemies to all living things, several joined the horde like the belves in quel'thalas. It is not entirely outside the realm of possibility that Akama revisited this alliance. Moreso, the broken philosophy is more akin to the horde than alliance.

Though I personally would like broken on the alliance instead than the horde.

Another race that I find viable from some crossing are the worgen; i'm sure there most be some packs dissapointed enough with Crowley willing to cut a deal with the devil to return home peacefully.
    While Ogre would also make sense for the Horde to gain.... I don't think Worgen...... they pretty much hate anything to do with the UD or Forsaken..

Akama is still a major part of the lore, especially in BT. Giving that whole reputation to the Horde would be silly...

Kinda interesting that even on a forum like this 30% would be cool with a pretty elven race with a copy-paste model. Blizzard should take note!

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I would want them... but aren't they kind of extinct almost there's like ~25k blood elves around(according to wowwiki)... I don't see how they could become a playable faction with those numbers really...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    I appreciate what you're trying to say and like I mentioned, I understand its something a few people feel very strongly about - which is why I'm trying to be nice as I don't want to get anyone's back up

I did also however try to get across my view that they are the same thing - I don't view Twilight's Hammer Orcs as different to Horde Orcs, they just believe different things. That's the kind of difference I personally see between High and Blood elves. Just to put it out there, I am horde but my favorite race is Draenei male. I would love to be able to play them Horde side but its just not something I think would be a good idea. (You probably think i'm lying about the Draenei thing, but I just love power-tops!)

Anyway, my sympathies go out to your ilk but I just think it would be a pointless/bad move.
    They're not the same thing. In a roleplay sense it makes a difference if you're playing High Elf or Blood Elf. And even if it was the same, some people still want to play them on Alliance side. To say "they're the same" really doesn't do anything.