Poll: High Elves: Do you want them?

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    (mayeb adding Zul'Aman?)

This is purely wishful thinking!
    Zul'Aman is currently Zandalari territory.

10+ Year Old Account
    One Elf race per faction is fine, I want to see some Ogre action next Xpac, but seeing as the character models are getting a revamp then maybe we won't see any new races next time around.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    One Elf race per faction is fine, I want to see some Ogre action next Xpac, but seeing as the character models are getting a revamp then maybe we won't see any new races next time around.
    Roll Horde if you don't wanna see more than 1 elf race, no one forces you to see Alliance players, especially on PVE servers you never see them anyway.

Deleted
    Yeah, I think he mean just high/blood.

Adding a zone a la pandaren (instead of just the bi-factional gameplay) seems highly unlikely. But boy oh boy, would it be cool as balls. It would take place during the fall of Silvermoon!!

The first 6 levels could be during the fall of Silvermoon, and the levels after a cinematic would be set on the time during Rommath's return and his teachings to siphon fel energy. A small civil war, then it would be chosing to stay on Quel'thalas or to be exiled.

And taking it a step further, Ghostlands would be reworked as a 12-20 for the alliance and the high elven beachhead to retake quel'talas. and Eversong woods as a lvl 12-20 for the horde, with the blood elves repelling the invasion. Then later at max lvl you'd revisit the areas (mayeb adding Zul'Aman?)

This is purely wishful thinking!
    I ... really want this, now. Some Blood/High Elf civil war would be awesome. I don't care if High Elves are made playable or not, but that storyline would be epic.
    Last edited by mmoc0d440a836c; 2013-01-15 at 12:44 AM.

I think high elves would be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Zul'Aman is currently Zandalari territory.
    And how does that matters?

Deleted
    And how does that matters?
    You can't just give it to the elves out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    I've never understood the whole gear issue really. I think maybe Blizz has mentioned it a few times in Tweets or something as being an odd design to work with, but the Undead already break half their armor, while we've got the Trolls, Tauren, Worgen, and I'm pretty sure Draenei not even using their shoes. I don't think it'd be that hard to show leggings as more of a wrap-around-type armor, and either just not use the shoes (yet again) or show them as a smaller band below the leggings. Could work for Naga, too.
    Agree, I don't really think of it as an issue either. But I'm not a developer so who knows...seems like it would be easier to put gear on a 4 legged model than having to rerender all of EK/Kalimdor for Cataclysm, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to have high elves. BUT - the need to be done RIGHT! I mean, they have some lore. While I am not a lore-freak or have read too much about it - I feel that "the modern wow-player" should be updated on high-elf lore. So if they breathe life into some old lore, or add some new lore that will fit perfectly - then I am up for it.

Something I connect with High Elves is the scenario of War]|[Craft is the mission where you play the undead that breaks into Quel'Dalas. It's the map where Necromancers become available. There you have to take down their -Reign of Chaos- bases and such. The landscape is beautiful, their buildings is beautiful, their architecture is beautiful, and so are their characters. Bring some gameplay with those things in and I'm in love with the game again. I guess you could think about the blood elf-isle and silvermoon, but in the high-elf theme. No crimson-everything, but the royal and authentic high-elf colors, culture and art.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, please no, no more elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    You can't just give it to the elves out of the blue.
    I didn't said so. I was thinking more of a war effort from both helves and belves to take Zul'aman. Like Quel'danas but with two both horde and alliance instead of a neutral group.

Deleted
    I didn't said so. I was thinking more of a war effort from both helves and belves to take Zul'aman. Like Quel'danas but with two both horde and alliance instead of a neutral group.
    I don't see how that makes much sense. Why suddenly fixate your eyes on a miserable troll capital? The trolls there hardly pose any threat. Their leader is dead and they are scattered throughout the forest, probably eating each other.

Maybe the Alliance could aim to claim Zul'aman as their base of operations to invade Quel'thalas. The Horde wouldn't let them do that, so Vol'jin ventures to Zul'aman and unites the Amani under himself. Let's bring more trolls under the banner of the Horde. The Alliance taking Zul'aman would be both crucial to the Amani and Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khuzard View Post
    I don't see how that makes much sense. Why suddenly fixate your eyes on a miserable troll capital? The trolls there hardly pose any threat. Their leader is dead and they are scattered throughout the forest, probably eating each other.

Maybe the Alliance could aim to claim Zul'aman as their base of operations to invade Quel'thalas. The Horde wouldn't let them do that, so Vol'jin ventures to Zul'aman and unites the Amani under himself. Let's bring more trolls under the banner of the Horde. The Alliance taking Zul'aman would be both crucial to the Amani and Horde.
    see, there's an idea. I was merely talking around a gameplay PoV, there are countless reasons and plots that could justify an invasion of Zul'Aman. I just want as a frame an alliance/horde all out conflict in amani lands.

see, there's an idea. I was merely talking around a gameplay PoV, there are countless reasons and plots that could justify an invasion of Zul'Aman. I just want as a frame an alliance/horde all out conflict in amani lands.
    Would your average player really appreciate revisiting Zul'Aman for the third time though? Even the second time was kind of stretchy, unless they really made some big changes (like adapting the existing architecture to a new race holing up there) it'd just come off as so rehashed and boring.

Deleted
    I'd love to see Vol'jin kill Zul and become the Golden King of the Trolls. Because lets face it. They are the smallest faction in the game, I don't think they even number over 10,000 members.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 08:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    Would your average player really appreciate revisiting Zul'Aman for the third time though? Even the second time was kind of stretchy, unless they really made some big changes (like adapting the existing architecture to a new race holing up there) it'd just come off as so rehashed and boring.
    Thing about Zul'Aman is.. it's both a City AND a state. It should be around the size of Zul'Drak, or a tad smaller. We can easily fight among the runes behind or surrounding the former city.