Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Feral PVE: HOTW Vs NV and stats priority ?

Hello Everyone, My main specc is Guardian but I have recently joined a new group and I am in need of a dps off-specc. Feral seems the way to go but I am confused as to what is the best between those two talents and how my stats priority and rotation changes base on which one I choose. I have read the guide posted on the official forums and Icy-Veins guide but they don't say anything about this. I have briefly spoken to some ferals on my realm and some say choose HOTW and prioritize haste and i have yet to meet someone using NV. I do understand there is a rotation involving DoC but that seems complicated to me especially as a newbie.

Hit/Exp > Mastery > Crit > Haste.
    HOTW for progression if your raid needs the tranqulity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearmaster View Post
    some say choose HOTW and prioritize haste.
    Sorry if a insult someone but oh dear god NO!.
    Also copyed form the guide here on mmo based on simulations from simulationcraft.

HotW Hence this is only passive effect so no pop HotW and Wrath spam since that will most likely be an dps down if you don't have an extreamly better Spell Power weapon compared to agility weapon.
    Also some notes about Exp/Hit capping since you may see they are the lowest value on the result i just gave you.

Hit and Expertise cap!
    Looking on simulations and their stat weights we need to consider that it runs the same test 25 000 times. We do get energy back when we miss on a spell so just because the weights says Hit and Expertise is lower, you might aswell on some tries without Hit/Exp caped have them as highest priority because you happend to miss 20/50/70/100 % of all the attacks you make. But you might as well have the value of Hit and Exp cap as 0 because you might have 0 misses without caping them even. Generally i would recommend Hit and Exp caps even thought stat weights says otherwise.
    And i can't find the simulation but in priority best DPS talent to worst set up.
    SofT+DoC
    FoN+DoC
    Inc+DoC
    SofT+HotW
    FoN+HotW
    Inc+HotW
    SofT+NV
    FoN+NV
    Inc+NV

In the end there it might be diffrent but for level 60 tier SofT->FoN->Inc and 90 DoC-HotW-NV not a big diffrence between HotW and NV and HotW+SofT is porbably the easiest l2p set up imo.

As mentioned above yes HotW brings quite a few things to the table aswell as i think for AoE poping it and Hurricane spamming still gives some pretty numbers :-)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nijuu View Post
    Hit/Exp > Mastery > Crit > Haste.
    HOTW for progression if your raid needs the tranqulity
    Thank you Nijuu for your reply, any idea why some ferals using HOTW are stacking haste? and yes my raid happens to need my tranq.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 12:06 PM ----------

Thank you Etapicx for your reply, I think the haste question was clarified with your post

Deleted
    Haste was good when HotW was over powered and we had insane Wrath crits but even then in theory crit was better it was only in simulations haste was proven best.