10+ Year Old Account

Applying for a job

I applied for a job at a Dollar Tree near my university after seeing a "Now Hiring!" sign and I figured i'd give it a shot since its not a busy place so there shouldn't be too much competition for the job. I submitted my application on Sunday and called today (Tuesday) to show my interest and all that stuff. They told me that the District Manager will review my application and call me back. Is that a good sign, bad sign or neutral sign? I don't have much experience with this stuff since it's only the third place I applied and would be my first real job.

It's a good sign as you got a call back, so that's a step in the right direction. Other than that all you can do is play the waiting game and see if you get another call back once the district manager looks it over.

Give it a few days, if they don't call you back then keep pestering them as that will show them that you really want the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neutral. Who did you call? The store? Where did you submit the application? Online? If they're interested, they'll call you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    It's a good sign as you got a call back, so that's a step in the right direction. Other than that all you can do is play the waiting game and see if you get another call back once the district manager looks it over.
    That's what I thought. I'm just a weirdly anxious person, especially since its my first real job, so it's nice to have some affirmation

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I called them and they said they'd call back after it was reviewed.

Deleted
    Seeing as my time machine is currently at the shop (those local bastard gangs keep keying my beauty!) my guess is as good as yours.
    From my experience, a nonchalant "We'll get back to you..." doesn't exactly bode well. But then again, some places actually DO get back to you... I've just never had the honor of applying at one of those places...

10+ Year Old Account
    my experience is if you have an interview and they say they will call you. dont expect it. that means they dont want you 9/10 times on a job like that minimum wage.

a great opener is going there in person and asking "when can we get an interview going?" instead of "can i get an application" they see a lot more initiative in that than just asking for that application.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    Neutral. Who did you call? The store? Where did you submit the application? Online? If they're interested, they'll call you.
    I applied with a physical application at the closest store (They don't do online applications) and I called the store that I submitted it to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    I applied for a job at a Dollar Tree near my university after seeing a "Now Hiring!" sign and I figured i'd give it a shot since its not a busy place so there shouldn't be too much competition for the job. I submitted my application on Sunday and called today (Tuesday) to show my interest and all that stuff. They told me that the District Manager will review my application and call me back. Is that a good sign, bad sign or neutral sign? I don't have much experience with this stuff since it's only the third place I applied and would be my first real job.
    That's what they always say. It's odd that they would throw the district manager's name in there, but don't get your hopes up. All employers are basically liars. If they say they will call you, do NOT believe them. Call and pester the shit out of them, and don't expect a callback.