Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Did the Bronze's reset Arthas' memories in CoS?

I just realized when running it today. In Old Hillsbrad, they reset Thrall's memories to remove the players and the Infinites. I can't remember what happened in Opening of the Dark Portal, but in CoS, sure we were disguised, and Arthas was aided by troops in W3, but there were most certainly not any Infinites in W3.

So, would meeting Infinites have had any effect on Arthas' future? Or did the Bronze's see no need to reset his memories?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

A minor detail like that would have probably been expunged from his thoughts once he took up Frostmourne.

No need to wipe his memory. He thought the Infinite dragonkin were minions of Mal'ganis. In the heat of the battle, I doubt he really paid attention to what these guys looked like. Just more undead/demon creatures for him to slay.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    OR, maybe they didn't wipe it, and that's why he continues to show our character mercy during our Northrend questing.

Maybe he KNEW we'd be able to defeat him during the final battle of icecrown, which finally allowed him to escape the nightmare of being the Lich King.

Food for thought. ;D
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, The Bronze's reset Arthas memory, and he don't remenber anything about the infinite Dragonflight, just like they did with Thrall and Taretha but they didn't had to freeze Arthas like they did with Thrall and Taretha.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    No need to wipe his memory. He thought the Infinite dragonkin were minions of Mal'ganis. In the heat of the battle, I doubt he really paid attention to what these guys looked like. Just more undead/demon creatures for him to slay.
    Was it any different to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Was it any different to us?
    I can't see the mobs underneath all the addons and big yellow numbers XP

What I'm curious about is why they didn't wipe our memory when we came back from the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    What I'm curious about is why they didn't wipe our memory when we came back from the future
    laziness pure and simple

damned lazy bronze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Was about to write this. He does say that he think they are minions of Mal'ganis and doesn't pay more attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    OR, maybe they didn't wipe it, and that's why he continues to show our character mercy during our Northrend questing.

Maybe he KNEW we'd be able to defeat him during the final battle of icecrown, which finally allowed him to escape the nightmare of being be stronger than the normal adventurers that have fallen before the Scourge and would make excellent soldiers for the Lich King.
    I'd bet on that being more likely.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    End Time is/was a POSSIBLE future. Since we stopped Deathwing, End Time can never happen, and so is not, and can never be, the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Wait...you , I remember you in the stratholme,but you..what is this.

I figure they just modified his memory. So each of the different dragonkin gets switched to some sort of undead human. Then not wiping our memories I guess to show us with clarity what happened in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    End Time is/was a POSSIBLE future. Since we stopped Deathwing, End Time can never happen, and so is not, and can never be, the future.
    Except for the fact that since Nozdormu and Murozond are both the same person ... Murozond is also able to exist in all times. As in ... once he exists, he exists.

It's interesting to think about ... the idea of us meeting the Lich King in Northrend, but he already knows us, because of something that happened in his past but our future. Kinda standard time-travel fare, but the implications for WoW's story are interesting.

Interesting to think that all the "good" outcomes are a result of the Infinite Dragonflight trying to "corrupt" time.

Also I really hope it's Sha influence that turns the Bronze dragons into Infinite dragons.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Except for the fact that since Nozdormu and Murozond are both the same person ... Murozond is also able to exist in all times. As in ... once he exists, he exists.

It's interesting to think about ... the idea of us meeting the Lich King in Northrend, but he already knows us, because of something that happened in his past but our future. Kinda standard time-travel fare, but the implications for WoW's story are interesting.

Interesting to think that all the "good" outcomes are a result of the Infinite Dragonflight trying to "corrupt" time.

Also I really hope it's Sha influence that turns the Bronze dragons into Infinite dragons.

Murozond as a future raid boss then? What if theres some freaky time thing going on in warcraft and the infinite dragonflight is responsible for everything some how?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    "where did all those epic's came from ??"
    "oh my god its epic fairy giving us presents !!!!"
    "Praise the Sun !!!!"
    In short words to avoid reactions like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Murozond as a future raid boss then? What if theres some freaky time thing going on in warcraft and the infinite dragonflight is responsible for everything some how?
    I hope we encounter Murozond again, for sure. One of my favorite encounters, raid or dungeon. I found it suuuuper interesting that Murozond was immune to Army of the Dead taunts, which is typically reserved for raid bosses.

Seriously, the Hourglass mechanic is simply one of the most interesting / unique in the entire game, and I hope that a suped-up version of that encounter returns in a raid some day.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "where did all those epic's came from ??"
    "oh my god its epic fairy giving us presents !!!!"
    "Praise the Sun !!!!"
    In short words to avoid reactions like that.
    I think it's more, there was no need. We didn't see the future, except in End Time which is a future we were preventing. They had no need to wipe our memories. Why, because we saw the past? Because we could tell the 'truth' that nobody would believe? Tell people the exact same outcome came about but with dragons behind the scenes?

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'd bet on that being more likely.
    Isn't that not even a maybe? I thought that was canon that was what he his plan was.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 03:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I think it's more, there was no need. We didn't see the future, except in End Time which is a future we were preventing. They had no need to wipe our memories. Why, because we saw the past? Because we could tell the 'truth' that nobody would believe? Tell people the exact same outcome came about but with dragons behind the scenes?
    I thought the point was us for us to see that. That's why the sent us in the first place, so wiping our memory would be against the point.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)