Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't mind the dailies telling a story, but putting all Valor rewards behind Rep and then claiming that the rep grind is completely optional is a joke. Valor was always about spending your "bonus" points on gear to help you progress vertically, especially when you're on a string of bad luck and just can't get your loot to drop from other sources, in this case: raids and LFR. Outside of item upgrade (which is still fairly new and doesn't seem to be returning quite yet come 5.2), Valor is a complete waste of a resource if you don't do the rep grind. You may not have to get Exalted with a faction, that's for sure, but you better at least strive for Honored/Revered.

Is always 8 or 80 with Blizzard, Why? I agree that bring back the tabards isn't the solution, but they could balance things, use both, more relevant factions like Dominance offensive should use only the Daily Quest system, I agree with that, but factions with less relevance in the lore should had the tabards available for dungeons, we would not be stucked only with daily quests everywhere and the reputation grind wouldn't be so tiring and boring, even for alts. I repeat, why must it be one or another? why not balance things and use both?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am gonna go ahead and assume that no matter what people say, tabards will not make a come back anytime soon. I just do not do any daily that I do not want to do. I did dailies for rep on one toon to get exalted and that was enough for me. I have 10 other alts but I just do not care anymore about raiding, progression. I am gonna spend my 15 bucks to play the game how I want to play it from now on. Eventually I will get bored and take another break. The game is what it is, no use in crying over something that will never change. Blizzard has made a great game, and hopefully will continue to get better at perfecting it. Just play the game and be happy for god sakes.....lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Nice sarcasm but he is completely right. They should have removed reputation tabards a long time ago. I guess only people who played before WotLK understand how ridiculous those tabards were.
    I play from 2005 and I agree that we need dungeon rep. Either like TBC rep/dungeon or like wrath&cate with a tabard. If dailies and dungeon runs would give the same rep and people would chose to do the dungeons, it just means nobody likes dailies and they should stop putting development time into them.
    Fact: if dungeons and dailies would give more equal rewards, both would be avaible for players and both contents will be used by players and neither group will feel left out.

Dungeons in MOP are terrible. No reason to keep doing them even if you found an amazing team in a dungeon, you just leave at the end because you only get 40VP for the next one. First Blizzard destroys realm communities by introducing LFD and now they even don't want you to make friends in LFD anymore. I didn't notice the point where suicidal goth hipsters became the target market for Blizzard.
    I'm sure the community will benefit greatly from letting people do simple solo content instead of learning them how to play and communicate in a group. Blizzard is so good in planning for the future and recognising how important the MM and RP are in an MMORPG to keep contineous subs. Who knows maybe that's why they went from 10mil to 2mil EU+NA subs.

Anybody else have a total "d'aww" moment in regards to the 8 year old?

if you're the kind of person that values community then you already have a good guild with friends. that's who you would be grouping with. if you're constantly hooking up with strangers then you must not value community very much. it's a choice.

Philosophically I want to punch the guys who came up with the bugged Glyph UI, demanding a interface reload almost every single glyph change.

You should not send people into enemy hubs in PVE dailies. You should not put PVP objectives in a PVE zone
    Why?
    Because i'm not on a PVP server, obviously I don't want to PVP "what about people that want to do both?" you may ask, :O PVP dailies with honor/conq rewards.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 03:27 AM ----------

But endless rep grinding is an artificial way of trying to prolong an exp. It's not fun, it's boring busy-work
    None of those reps are anything you absolutely must have, and by "endless" aren't we really talking about a few weeks?
    I thought it was a few weeks till I was about to hit exalted and I was all happy like yea now I have free time since I don't have to do these dailies anymore and eventually I won't have to do any WRONG how else do I get my Lesser Charms, looks like it's dailies forever.

Not required? No profession recipes or valor gear if I don't. More than one character. Game shouldn't feel like a job.
    I think you mean "I want to get ALL the recipes." You don't need e.g. Royal Satchel or Gloves of Creation.
    Oh those are the only recipes out there huh could have sworn there were more #scratchingHead
    Last edited by Drusin; 2013-01-09 at 11:29 AM.

Deleted
    It seems that the LFR drop rates will be increased for the current Patch 5.0 LFR content once Patch 5.2 is released.
    What a loot trainwreck WoW has ended up as...

Defense of the Alehouse.... eh? eeeeh? .... Got nothing.
    Looking forward to being able to get more eyes, currently it definitely suffers from that "I could use it...but mabye something better drops soon" lack of use.

Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    I play from 2005 and I agree that we need dungeon rep. Either like TBC rep/dungeon or like wrath&cate with a tabard. If dailies and dungeon runs would give the same rep and people would chose to do the dungeons, it just means nobody likes dailies and they should stop putting development time into them.
    Fact: if dungeons and dailies would give more equal rewards, both would be avaible for players and both contents will be used by players and neither group will feel left out.

Dungeons in MOP are terrible. No reason to keep doing them even if you found an amazing team in a dungeon, you just leave at the end because you only get 40VP for the next one. First Blizzard destroys realm communities by introducing LFD and now they even don't want you to make friends in LFD anymore. I didn't notice the point where suicidal goth hipsters became the target market for Blizzard.
    I'm sure the community will benefit greatly from letting people do simple solo content instead of learning them how to play and communicate in a group. Blizzard is so good in planning for the future and recognising how important the MM and RP are in an MMORPG to keep contineous subs. Who knows maybe that's why they went from 10mil to 2mil EU+NA subs.
    Dungeons lost importance somewhere in Wrath when they made them one-button friendly and that's it - they are just too easy.

Cataclysm release dungeons were a challenge but mostly to healers with the revamped healing system, everyone else was still pressing one button for high DPS, while the healers without adequate gear struggled a bit. MoP dungeons are again a walk in the park again. Imagine having TBC dungeons like Shadow Lab, with todays players, like yesterday every single LFD I did put me in a group where one or two of the DPS was pulling 15-20k dps at level 90 and I was pulling aggro away from the Tank (which is not possible in todays times with vengeance etc) - It would be impossible to do any hard dungeons with those kinds of weekend players, who probably don't even understand their class properly.

And of course there's no point doing dungeons for anything but to cap Valor if you're out gearing the content by 20 ilvls or more, it was always like that even in the old days, but in the old days, gearing your character in full epics or even good blues took about 3-5 months instead 3-5 weeks it takes now.

As for challenge, you got the challenge modes, where the dungeons become significantly harder, the rewards are cosmetic tho.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Apparently from Wowhead: from today you can buy Eye from valor gear Quartermaster for 2500g.
    Quickest fix I've seen in a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Newsflash:

Blizzard wants you to do quests for factions in the world, not slap on a fugly tabard and watch the Rep Bar slowly rise.
    From here you're free to tinfoil around about slowing people down intentionally for subs.

Congratulations, you just figured out how MMOs work.

Rep Tabards ruined factions completely and I'm so glad they're gone. Hard to find a so called balance for those who say they want a balanced solution.
    So if every finished heroic gave a set amount of reputation with a faction of choice... low amount slower than dailies because you also get Justice, Valor and 463 you might need.
    And then people would start bitching about it, saying it'd take too much time to reach whatever goddamn rep level they want.
    "I NEED TO DO 60 DUNGEONS HONORED -> REVERED WTF BLIZZ, 60 DUNGEONS IS WORTH X + Y AMOUNT OF VALOR I CAN'T SPEND FU!!1"

If you don't want to do dailies, alright. Your choice. Just don't expect to reap the rewards anyway for doing easy 5man content which also earns you other currencies and items.
    When did people stop understanding that in MMOs, you will have to do repetitive tasks in order to progress. Blizzard is very good at finding balance, but no. If you want to buy Valor items you get your lazy arse to Honored, and that takes merely a few DAYS.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-01-09 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Because i'm not on a PVP server, obviously I don't want to PVP "what about people that want to do both?" you may ask, :O PVP dailies with honor/conq rewards.
    Then you're not flagged for PVP, making the whole thing a non-issue.

Oh those are the only recipes out there huh could have sworn there were more #scratchingHead
    If you're not willing to put in the hard work, why should you be rewarded with the best there is? I'm quite sure there are lesser versions of everything available from profession trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post

As for challenge, you got the challenge modes, where the dungeons become significantly harder, the rewards are cosmetic tho.
    I don't think many people realized this yet, but with organized group Challenge modes is a rather efficient way to earn valor.

What they mean dota battleground?

Then you're not flagged for PVP, making the whole thing a non-issue.
    Don't I have to /pvp to capture towers in the world?

If you're not willing to put in the hard work, why should you be rewarded with the best there is? I'm quite sure there are lesser versions of everything available from profession trainers.
    The point of my argument was that he (the blue) used items that aren't needed by anyone (save the gloves) and through emission ignores the items that are needed (enchants), I personally already have mine.

Deleted
    what is it with these people who need to have everything on every character, and then when its too hard they say it feels like a job. How about going out, getting a job, and spending less time playing wow, then you will cherish the time spent playing, not resent it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is DotA officially confirmed as a new BG? IMO it looks like a large scenario

I don't see what upping the drop chances will change when the big problem will still be that the waiting times for the old LFR raids will be atrocious in 5.2.
    The biggest problem is that there are 5 different LFRs and that splits up the players. Even now i have to wait 40 minutes as a DPS and 10-15 minutes as a healer the day after the resets, once 5.2 hits and only alts will do them you will never see one open up. Since even if there are 15 healers interested any given time there are probably 3 queing up for Mogu 1, 2 for Mogu2, 3 for HoF1, 4 for HoF2 and 3 for Terrace.
    That won't work.