Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    Yes, but now bads can put it in their LFR weapon, and later when they buy the normal or real version, they can gem it too.
    Who's the baddie? 'cause I think you're it. You just showed by your post that you have NO idea how to play this game properly without being carried.
    Hows this you say? Because your post either A)shows you don't know what your talking about before posting and being a douche, or B) You advocate NOT gemming and enchanting your weapon while you work on heroic modes...and we all know only baddies don't bother to gem and enchant.

Lets talk about a high end progression raid group.
    As a progression raid group, before you go working on heroic modes, you still have to clear on normal. So what happens when your Sha-Touched normal weapon drops? Are you going to NOT gem and enchant it while you work on heroics until you get your heroic version? That's what this hotfix was designed to resolve, the ability for players to gem and enchant the CURRENT version of their weapon without worrying that they CAN'T gem and enchant their upgraded (heroic) version later.

So either you are saying that you should raid heroic bosses without enchants or gems, or you're just opening your mouth to say something, anything, regardless of comprehension of the way the game works.
    Well, that determines it, YOU are actually the "baddie".

Too strong? Oh, sorry, did I hurt your feeling by responding to your douchebag "baddie" post?
    Last edited by S31Ender; 2013-01-09 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    Yes, but now bads can put it in their LFR weapon, and later when they buy the normal or real version, they can gem it too.
    Mhm, unlike the actual legendary gem that can only be obtained once per character?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Mhm, unlike the actual legendary gem that can only be obtained once per character?
    That is the point of this change Nerraw. It is still unique so you can only put on in the your gear of course, but you can now purchase more if you upgrade your weapon.

They also count with discounts so the gems are only 9,000g goblins win again.

Quote Originally Posted by S31Ender View Post
    That is the point of this change Nerraw. It is still unique so you can only put on in the your gear of course, but you can now purchase more if you upgrade your weapon.
    I know, I was being sarcrastic. The guy seems to be whining for the sake of whining.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    Philosophically I want to punch the guys who came up with the bugged Glyph UI, demanding a interface reload almost every single glyph change.
    Thats likely an issue with your addons. I have not had this problem, ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Sort of an issue with addons. It's a (few?) bad hooks in Bliz' API. This issue can pop up with just about any addon regardless how innocent it is.
    One person in my guild even said he had the issue with no addons running at all (clean install on a new pc), though I can't verify how true that is aside from not seeing any reason to lie.

Btw how often do you change glyphs or talents? As far as I can tell the bug nearly always hits me when I try to retalent between bosses. But so far the bug hasn't poped up straight after logging in, or reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    Sort of an issue with addons. It's a (few?) bad hooks in Bliz' API. This issue can pop up with just about any addon regardless how innocent it is.
    One person in my guild even said he had the issue with no addons running at all (clean install on a new pc), though I can't verify how true that is aside from not seeing any reason to lie.

Btw how often do you change glyphs or talents? As far as I can tell the bug nearly always hits me when I try to retalent between bosses. But so far the bug hasn't poped up straight after logging in, or reloading.
    I change glyphs/talents quite often depending on what class I am , and what I am doing. LFR's, Transmog runs, Pvp... I change quit often. I try to make sure I have at least 60 tomes on me when I go to a main city.

Again, never had an issue with the glyph UI, and I have many add-ons running.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    You know what the real problem is? Players are getting used to 10 minute queues and now anything longer makes them rage and quit while if you are in the queue for 45 minutes for the piss easy LFR which you finish extremely fast and gives you very good loot it's still superior to pugging normal raids.
    Yes, now where everybody is doing it the queue is 45 minutes. Once 5.2 hits and noone above Ilvl 486 (or whatever it will be that is needed for the T15 LFR) does the T14 LFR the waiting time will go up massively (if they even start at all).

An hour long queue sucks but it is still better than the alternative. Making previous tiers irrelevant although they are still a lot of fun to do just to increase queue times is a big mistake. They already made this mistake years ago with normal raids by giving everyone badge gear to solve the problem of players not being able to catch up. Now they have LFR as catch up mechanic which is a lot more fun than just spamming heroics for JP/VP gear and I don't think we should ruin this for the sake of convenience AGAIN. They better come up with another solution to decrease queue times maybe a technical solution instead of one that influence gameplay.

This will help a little:
    I don´t see how catch-up dungeons influence gameplay. It´s old loot. Who cares if if someones alt can get the old loot that i´m replacing easier now then i did back in the day?
    For me it look more like one of these barely thought through philosophical design decisions Blizzard likes to do from time to time, like the "Wow dungeons are hard" stuff in Cataclysm. They do it just for the point of it or maybe because they are at heart hardcore players and then they are surprised by cancellations of the casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    It's caused by addons likely, but it's not the addons fault as the person above explained. I can't play this game without addons tho, the default interface is displeasing to the eyes, and stuck in year 2000 design land.

Running ElvUI, Skada and EPGP, that said, ElvUI is a heavy "complilation", the glyph bug happens even if I run just Dominos, Clique and Skada, I belive it would happen if I just run anything. Doesn't matter, it's a bug that needs to be sorted, cause it's an annoyance nothing more nothing less.

ghostcrawler is prolly the last person a kid should ask questions to about game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Idletime View Post
    I'm fairly certain ilvl will be at least 480 for the new LFR. Hitting 480 is easily done, especially if you are a casual player that engages in the various dailies and only LFR. You get 489 for basic rep rewards and the new KW dailies are throwing 496 at you. My warrior alt has done LFR a whopping 3 times (MSV), 2 times (HoF) and 4 times in TES and is already sporting 481 and hasn't hit Honored with Dominance yet. My rogue is at 482 with 6 weeks LFR, and my paladin at 479 with 5 weeks. I waited a little while before starting LFR, fearing what I heard that drops were rare in LFR and people never get gear and groups were many times horrible - of course I found out that most people were simply telling fibs, except that last part... players are still pretty bad.

In all honesty, given the level of player aptitude I've seen in TES on many fights, I think a good number of runs should be a prerequisite before allowing people to just herp the next tier of content, and this comes from having to run previous tiers waiting on drops. 472 was required for HoF/TES, so it's not unreasonable to ask casual players to gear up a bit more. Especially since there's so many easy ways to retain the gear now; Reps, LFR, Crafted pieces, BMAH, and even PvP T1 gear.

We should also not forget that ilvl requirements are not only to there to block you from content but also to make sure everyone is geared enough to compensate for noobs, bad players and slackers.

It's just everytime an ilvl req pops up for something people automatically start to complain while everything is just fine.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Yes, now where everybody is doing it the queue is 45 minutes. Once 5.2 hits and noone above Ilvl 486 (or whatever it will be that is needed for the T15 LFR) does the T14 LFR the waiting time will go up massively (if they even start at all).

I don´t see how catch-up dungeons influence gameplay. It´s old loot. Who cares if if someones alt can get the old loot that i´m replacing easier now then i did back in the day?
    For me it look more like one of these barely thought through philosophical design decisions Blizzard likes to do from time to time, like the "Wow dungeons are hard" stuff in Cataclysm. They do it just for the point of it or maybe because they are at heart hardcore players and then they are surprised by cancellations of the casuals.
    Before LFR the way to catch up with gear was to spam heroics all day long instead of doing the previous tier raids. So there are two options:
    - spamming heroics and most likely skipping all raids and go straight to the newest raid
    - progressing from raid to raid

Now with LFR we went from spamming heroics to catch up by doing LFR. Again two options:
    - again spamming heroics
    - progressing from raid to raid but now through LFR which is obviously far more accessible and faster. Boosting loot drops will make sure that everyone progresses at a good pace.

How does this not influence gameplay? I don't give a shit about what loot I get or how fast I get it. I don't care who gets it. All I care about is how I get it. I rather do a raid three times instead of spamming boring heroics AGAIN.

Itemlevel requirement is also a big part of this. If it's too low players will still skip a whole tier of fun gameplay. It needs to be high enough so players actually go through the 'old' content and not just skip everything.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-01-10 at 12:39 PM.

Before LFR the way to catch up with gear was to spam heroics all day long instead of doing the previous tier raids. So there are two options:
    - spamming heroics and most likely skipping all raids and go straight to the newest raid
    - progressing from raid to raid

Now with LFR we went from spamming heroics to catch up by doing LFR. Again two options:
    - again spamming heroics
    - progressing from raid to raid but now through LFR which is obviously far more accessible and faster. Boosting loot drops will make sure that everyone progresses at a good pace.

How does this not influence gameplay? I don't give a shit about what loot I get or how fast I get it. I don't care who gets it. All I care about is how I get it. I rather do a raid three times instead of spamming boring heroics AGAIN.

Itemlevel requirement is also a big part of this. If it's too low players will still skip a whole tier of fun gameplay. It needs to be high enough so players actually go through the 'old' content and not just skip everything.
    We are talking about alts here. For new players it may be different but on the other hand, how many new players start in the middle of an expansion and want to get into the raid endgame ?
    And for alts, i'd rather run a few new heroics and then get into the newest LFR instead of doing the old shite time and time again (with the added bonus of 2 hours+ queues). In the end a dungeon you already did countless times gets boring, no matter if it's a raid or a dungeon.