Thread: Hacked! Help!

Hacked! Help!

Hey, need help. I've been hacked! For the past two hours i couldn't log on. Tried to reset my password but no luck. I then got an e-mail saying one of my toons has been transfered. Im looking up all my toons on the wow community website and all their gear has been taken off im assuming the ass-hole sold everything i own, moved it to one toon "Zapcox" realm Kalecgos and moved over. I cant find my mage Zapcox on the community site cause i think he is "in transfer" i need this transfer to be blocked!

Please help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapfino View Post
    Hey, need help. I've been hacked! For the past two hours i couldn't log on. Tried to reset my password but no luck. I then got an e-mail saying one of my toons has been transfered. Im looking up all my toons on the wow community website and all their gear has been taken off im assuming the ass-hole sold everything i own, moved it to one toon "Zapcox" realm Kalecgos and moved over. I cant find my mage Zapcox on the community site cause i think he is "in transfer" i need this transfer to be blocked!

Please help.
    You are on the wrong forum... this is a fan forum... you probably want to call Blizzard, or try posting on their official forums.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried to reset my password but no luck
    What does this mean? The website failed? You don't know your security info? What?

Just contact blizzard and get it fixed. They'll likely move everything back for you. We can't really do anything.

EDIT: Also, get an authenticator.
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-01-09 at 07:33 AM.

uhm go to the WoW page press contact call the number?
    Do u not have secret pw?.... has this person also hacked ur mail?
    u can use the digits on ur WoW manual instead of secret pw

BUT GET A DAMN AUTHENTICATOR? mobile or physical what are u waiting for?...

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    uhm go to the WoW page press contact call the number?
    Do u not have secret pw?.... has this person also hacked ur mail?
    u can use the digits on ur WoW manual instead of secret pw

BUT GET A DAMN AUTHENTICATOR? mobile or physical what are u waiting for?...
    Best security is the SMS Protection, it sends you a code that you would have to input to change password and to even remove the SMS protection I believe.

Thank you all for the help.

I went to the WoW website and submitted hacked account and also made a trial in-game account to ticket GM about the issue. I have a authenticator and yes this hacker was able to get into my hotmail account that my WoW account is linked to.

15+ Year Old Account
    hotmail is not a very secure email platform
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good that you were able to submit a ticket... any reason why you didn't answer like.. any of the questions we asked to help?

Deleted
    phone blizzard, its free and very fast. you will have your account back in 30mins if you phone, dont email it takes ages. and buy an authenticator, they are £5, free shipping. get one.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zapfino View Post
    Thank you all for the help.

I went to the WoW website and submitted hacked account and also made a trial in-game account to ticket GM about the issue. I have a authenticator and yes this hacker was able to get into my hotmail account that my WoW account is linked to.

dont bother with the website stuff, just phone, its so much quicker. i phoned them free on skype when i got hacked and had my account back with everything restored in about30mins.