Help wanted on Grand Empress

Well, we were dieing on her a lot tonight.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zr8wtcwv9p7q7lbh/

What are we doing wrong? What could I do better? What ilevel should we all have? I was at 477 on my prot paladin. I haste build so Id love some tips on my prot paladin as well as the raid over all.

We had
    Druid tank
    Prot paladin
    Disc or holy pirest (he changed around)
    Holy paladin
    Resto druid
    fire mage
    fury warrior
    feral druid
    affliction warlock
    enhance shaman

Seems kind of obvious, but you are dying to adds smashing you. Use CD's, don't tank more than the one reaver+3 windblades together (they amplify each other's damage).
    You're taking "alot" of damage from cry of terror, make sure that people with it run into the dissonance fields, and if the field is about to explode, BoP the person so they won't take damage.
    Have a set cooldown rotation for explosions - First explosion, Spirit shell (have your 2 other healers make sure people are topped/tanks are kept up, let the priest spam PoH with spirit shell for 15 sec = no dmg from explosion), second explosion resto druid tranq, third explosion spirit shell, fourth explosion enh shaman "dmg=healing" cd, rallying cry, and a feral druid or tank druid tranq. Can use the barrier, Pain supp, hand of sac, ironbark etc in add phases to keep tanks alive.

What about the healing? Is it ok? How are the healers doing. The tanks are dieing with cds used. They can burn down the first set of wind revers, then the second tank dies almost immediately.

Wind reavers are supposed to be left alone, and trapped in the amber traps, while you nuke windblades. If you didn't mistake the two kind of adds when posting, that's probably your issue - reavers has like double the HP of blades, and the faster adds dies, the easier the healing becomes.
    Healing looks ok-ish, but your paladin simply isn't utilising his cooldowns well enough. Don't see any Guardians of ancient kings all night, but I guess the tracker might be broken? He keeps a good uptime on SOTR right up untill the adds spawns, then it goes to shit, which is where he should do his very best to keep it flawless (40-50% reduc in phys dmg kept up at that point is godlike).10 Divine prots and 10 Ardent defenders for 11 attempts. Divine prot has a 1 sec CD ;_;.

Theres 2 main things that cause wipes on this fight.

Dissonance fields not being handled correctly and the adds in the transition.

Pick a field and have the people affected by cry of terror enter it and cast. This makes that field die earlier and staggers the raid wide damage. Draco gave nice CD rotations.

The adds rape, look at the "band of valor" buff they get. 30% more damage for every add within 8 yards. If you imagine the base damage of an add being 100, the 3 will do 390 damage, 2 will do 260 and 1 will do 100 damage. Kill one add on each side asap and use your biggest CD's for this to mitigate damage taken. GOAK followed by HA and spam sotr. Stun one add as much as possible but dont mass stun or it resets their swing timers meaning they all hit at once after that and it could gibb you. Get external CD's, pain supp - sac - ironbark, hell even get the priest to yoink you 20 yards away. Piercing shout and kite the adds (not sure if this works :P) Basically whatever it takes to survive while you whittle them down.

If your dps is ok you will only have one transition phase before she hits 30%. If this is the case then make sure both dissonance fields have exploded before she transitions or you will likely wipe.

As people have posted about the add phase, the mechanic in place helps with this problem: The little adds periodically fixate, so make sure you have the tanks and the raid setup so that the fixated add runs clear of the 8 yard mark for the bonus damage. When we were doing this on normal our basic strat in phase 2 was dps kill the add that fixates and otherwise just whittle down the others as you do need to keep some of the adds around to help build your traps.

Make sure your raid is in the center of the room and your tanks are on each side in healer range but not super close to the raid and that raiders kite away from the tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Wind reavers are supposed to be left alone, and trapped in the amber traps, while you nuke windblades. If you didn't mistake the two kind of adds when posting, that's probably your issue - reavers has like double the HP of blades, and the faster adds dies, the easier the healing becomes.
    Healing looks ok-ish, but your paladin simply isn't utilising his cooldowns well enough. Don't see any Guardians of ancient kings all night, but I guess the tracker might be broken? He keeps a good uptime on SOTR right up untill the adds spawns, then it goes to shit, which is where he should do his very best to keep it flawless (40-50% reduc in phys dmg kept up at that point is godlike).10 Divine prots and 10 Ardent defenders for 11 attempts. Divine prot has a 1 sec CD ;_;.
    Just a post mistake, and I think the tracker might be broken. I used guardian every add attempt. I wasn't the one tracking it so that might be why.

I haven't looked at the logs, cuz I'm in a hurry, but from start to finish, some things that we make sure we are doing during the fight:

Lust from the get go. We are at that point in gear, around the 490-495 ilvl range, where if we get her below 60% before her first transition, we only see one set of adds. Look to this unless you are having a lot of issues healing in her second phase, then you may want to save lust to bolster your healers.

Stay spread, but closely spread. DBM has a range meter, try to keep excess splash from the unavoidable dmg she tosses between transitions.

Dissonance fields need to be separated by about 1/3 to 1/2 of a field health bar. At least that's what works for us. You don't have to stay in the dissonance field, just whoever gets the debuff stand in it, determine a percentage to hop out with your healers, and hop back in if need be. Heals don't work, but personal survival tools do. Make sure they are apart enough that you can heal/cooldown the first one, and give healers time to top the raid back up for the second one. DO NOT stand in it when it explodes, of course.

When adds come, we have a DK tank that tends to be squishier than our monk tank. We prioritize and mark one windblade for burning. You should also have the tank pick one windblade to interrupt and a melee if possible or caster to interrupt the other on each side. Have tanks call for cooldowns from the healers when needed in the first few seconds. Once we have the initial windblade burned down, typically they start to fixate, which alleviates the damage some. Then we swap to the other side, finish burning down the one the melee has been working on. Then you can breathe some, work on building your traps.

We build one trap at a time. We have one guy that is typically very good at it as long as the goo doesn't stick and not fall into the pool, which it does on occasion. In the meantime we burn down 2 more windblades, and then concentrate on second trap. Effeciency in building your traps will keep raid damage down. We like having one person do it whenever possible, unless the amber pool is very close to the spawn, to keep healers focused on as few targets as possible. Once we have one trap built, we kill all remaining windblades save one, build the last trap, burn the last windblade, and proceed to transition.

We have had some bad trap days when we muck up the second trap. This isn't a reason to panic. Simply finish the windblades off, off tank the reaver and burn it down. We've done this a couple times with successful kills, though it usually means 2 add phases if we aren't quick.

Final phase, we try to stay close again but spread some, close to the platform. Be quick with calling out dispels on the fear AFTER it goes off. Be quick with moving it out of the group as well. Stay out of the pink cone of doom, and it should be smooth sailing from there.

Biggest tip for the add phase is to mark a skull on the windblades and burn one down at a time immediately. Tanks should be popping/rotating cds early on, call for pain supp, ironbark, sac, etc. Make sure you split the adds up from tank 1 and tank 2 at least 15 yrds. Players who kite the fixates should be kiting them out in the direction away from both tanks. Dont kite them through the other tank or it'll buff the dmg of the other tanks adds.

Don't kite adds into the amber pool you are forming. Ranged/healers should be stacking to make amber traps faster. Imo make one amber trap quickly and trap the reaver in it and leave other reaver up for the poison drenched armor buff (that a melee/tank will want to run to the ranged to give it to) this will give you more dmg in second burn phase to get empress to final phase.