Elemental Reforging Question

Hey guys,

I've run into a strange predicament. I've never heard complaints of this so I thought, maybe ask the MMO-Champion shaman community. Currently with the gear that I have, reforgelite and other methods of reforging gives me the lowest hit rating above 15% is 15.32%. To be THAT much over hit cap seems really strange and not right. I understand that almost every piece of my gear either has spirit or hit on it but THAT much excessive hit just doesn't seem right. Maybe it is, but I just want other people to confirm that since I just can't believe it through my own methods I used. Especially since I'm not even a draenei. Imagine a draenei in my gear, they'd be forced to have an extra 1% of hit on top of 15.32% if this stupidity is true.

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Sky/advanced
    Last edited by JKim; 2013-01-09 at 07:58 AM.

Deleted
    Maybe you can change some gems, but likely this will not do much.

You Sir might have reached a limit!

Use the Crit spellthread on your legs.

Use wowreforge and see if you can get better reforging there, you can either use their default weights or enter your own if you simmed ur toon

Deleted
    @Devious

Have you looked into his/her armory? There is simply no other reforge option because every item is reforged so that spirit or hit are reduced.

@thegempolice

That is a nice hint!

Still, the gain would be marginal.

Quote Originally Posted by thegempolice View Post
    Use the Crit spellthread on your legs.
    Why on earth would you do that? Crit is our weakest stat.

Stick with the spirit spellthread, its the more important stat (which can be reforged elsewhere).

Edit: Oh, I see. Only thing I can suggest is not to use so much subpar healing gear, spirit/crit.
    Last edited by cheami; 2013-01-09 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentres View Post
    @Devious

Have you looked into his/her armory? There is simply no other reforge option because every item is reforged so that spirit or hit are reduced.

@thegempolice

That is a nice hint!

Still, the gain would be marginal.
    Yea was posting from phone earlier and didnt bother checking the armory its strange though that hes having trouble being over the hit cap since Im a Draenie myself and I pretty much have spirit on every piece and only over the hit cap by like 3-4 points

Why on earth would you do that? Crit is our weakest stat.

Stick with the spirit spellthread, its the more important stat (which can be reforged elsewhere).

Edit: Oh, I see. Only thing I can suggest is not to use so much subpar healing gear, spirit/crit.
    True that crit is the weakest stat but in his case its better to change the leg enchant to the crit one since in his situation those 32 points over the hit cap have no value and crit isnt that far behind like it used to be in Cataclysm days, take me for example when I simmed my toon today

Mastery 1.28
    Haste 1.25
    Crit 1.18

this is my Armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Cyos/advanced

get the tier legs, no blue gem, no spirit on them pure haste/mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    Mastery 1.28
    Haste 1.25
    Crit 1.18

this is my Armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Cyos/advanced
    What settings do you use on simcraft (fight style etc.), I have constantly been simming crit>haste for about 20ilvls.

Edit: Nvm, I broke my 4p with hc msv gear and haste shot up to the best, but was still an overall dps loss.
    Last edited by mmoceca64cae0b; 2013-01-09 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxonn View Post
    What settings do you use on simcraft (fight style etc.), I have constantly been simming crit>haste for about 20ilvls.
    Pretty much default the only thing I change is fight style - Helter Sketler and I change the iterations depending on how much time I have but no less than 10k, all buffs and debuffs toggled reforge plot for haste mastery and crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    Pretty much default the only thing I change is fight style - Helter Sketler and I change the iterations depending on how much time I have but no less than 10k, all buffs and debuffs toggled reforge plot for haste mastery and crit.
    Yeah I just did a sim with helterskelter and it came out haste>mastery>crit with a current mastery>crit>haste reforge, but the dps was lower than what I was getting in an actual raid setting on a lot of bosses, so I'll probably just go for a mastery>haste=crit build and see how my dps does tonight.