10+ Year Old Account

Idea for new Unholy Spell "Explosive Plague"

Im thinking about this idea several days, what the biggest problem of Unholy besides target switching?
    A Heavy Ramp Up time and massive damage decrease if our diseases cant tick for the whole duration.

With Plague Strike becoming similar to Outbreak next Patch i thought maybe we could change Outbreak for
    Unholys or create a new Spell with similar Cooldown, what i was thinking of is:

Explosive Plague
    "Consumes all disease of all target in 30 yards, every target gets plague damage that is as high
    as the damage the diseases would do if they remain on the target for the rest of their duration.
    This ability can crit and scales with mastery
    only usable if there are more then X targets infected with both diseases
    cooldown 30 seconds
    costs 15 runic power"

As an example:
    There are 4 targets all 4 got both diseases on them.
    Target 1 - 15 Seconds remaining (15k damage left)
    Target 2 - 15 Seconds remaining (15k damage left)
    Target 3 - 10 Seconds remaining (10k damage left)
    Target 4 - 30 Seconds remaining (30k damage left)

Target 1 gets 36k plague damage critical
    Target 2 gets 18k plague damage
    Target 3 gets 11k plague damage
    Target 4 gets 36k plague damage

This numbers are completely hypothetical.

I think this would be a nice way to help the Unholy without making him OP and help him in situations
    were AE burst is needed, what do you think about that, its just a really raw idea but im sure blizzard could make something
    nice and usable out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Basso View Post
    Im thinking about this idea several days, what the biggest problem of Unholy besides target switching?
    A Heavy Ramp Up time and massive damage decrease if our diseases cant tick for the whole duration.

With Plague Strike becoming similar to Outbreak next Patch i thought maybe we could change Outbreak for
    Unholys or create a new Spell with similar Cooldown, what i was thinking of is:

Explosive Plague
    "Consumes all disease of all target in 30 yards, every target gets plague damage that is as high
    as the damage the diseases would do if they remain on the target for the rest of their duration.
    This ability can crit and scales with mastery
    only usable if there are more then X targets infected with both diseases
    cooldown 30 seconds
    costs 15 runic power"

As an example:
    There are 4 targets all 4 got both diseases on them.
    Target 1 - 15 Seconds remaining (15k damage left)
    Target 2 - 15 Seconds remaining (15k damage left)
    Target 3 - 10 Seconds remaining (10k damage left)
    Target 4 - 30 Seconds remaining (30k damage left)

Target 1 gets 36k plague damage critical
    Target 2 gets 18k plague damage
    Target 3 gets 11k plague damage
    Target 4 gets 36k plague damage

This numbers are completely hypothetical.

I think this would be a nice way to help the Unholy without making him OP and help him in situations
    were AE burst is needed, what do you think about that, its just a really raw idea but im sure blizzard could make something
    nice and usable out of it.
    Not playing a DK myself, however I think it would be to easy to

1) Dots on a target
    2) Spread the diseases
    3) Explose
    4) Repeat

Since the whole idea with Dots is that they are, in fact, Damage over time, and therefore kind of high if you would use them all at once.

Putting a longer CD than 30sec might solve the problem. It's a cool idea though.

10+ Year Old Account
    as i said just a really raw idea maybe a cooldown around a minute but not the "only usable if there are more then X targets infected with both diseases" so we could use it single target too

Seems like it would either make Plague Leech useless or change AoE a lot. The only way I can see this idea working would be by having it NOT consume your diseases, maybe half their duration or something instead, and it would still be a choice to use.

Deleted
    nope because:

the one and only not-bad at it part of the unholy is his incredible 150k dps aoe damage he already has. soon (plaguuestrike will do both deseases) youll do this: plaguestrike, bloodboild, bloodboil, that already is a huge amount of aoe dps is talented correctly (bloodboil for spreading deseases) and mixed with mastery and haste focus. i dont think unholy really needs an runicpower aoe that deals massive burst, its kinde unholy playstyle that it does a lot aoe while standing around. the deseases together do a lot more aoe dps than MOST aoe abilities do, that have 10sec cd. and thats PER TICK. (for example ferals crit with their aoe for 12k, wchich is 6k noncrit, and this thing drains 50energy away)

the unholy clearly needs something better that shadowbolt for st, and also that damn strike, that turns blood+frost into deathrunes will have to scale with mastery, so dealing shadown dmg. that strike is useless, when they rework plaguestrike into applying both deseases! (why using that strike to add 6seconds, when plaguestrike will "add" 30sec by making both deseases?!)

that blood-frostrune strike (forgot its engl name) should be an universal strike that deals shadowfrost dmg, for both frost and unholy dk, and scaling with both their masterys. i think its hilarious to have a two runes strike that doesnt scale with anything but weapon damage ...

unholy really needs single target boost cds and a bit more sustained singletarget dps, not even more aoe dps. aoe is more than nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think about making it only consuming target diseases and exploding only on the target.

My Idea around that is that much of the damage comes from diseases as unholy and if the can tick the whole duration it just decrease our dps really much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basso View Post
    My Idea around that is that much of the damage comes from diseases as unholy and if the can tick the whole duration it just decrease our dps really much
    This is kind of just the way it has to be. Just the way that some classes to more cleave damage than others while some classes excel at multi-dotting. Each class has their own strengths and one of unholy's is consistant AoE damage that ends up being ridiculous if the mobs are up for long enough. The only issue really is that there recently haven't really been a whole lot of encounters where that kind of damage is useful. We'll have to wait till next tier. Maybe the fights will favor unholy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necrotic Plague
    A disease that inflicts 8 yard AoE Shadow damage after 5 seconds. If the effect ends (it expires, host dies, or is removed with a spell), the plague will jump to another target. If the effect is removed with a spell, the Death Knight gains the same effect as Soul Reaper (50% haste for 5 seconds).
    15 second cooldown. Can only have one copy up at a time.

as i said just a really raw idea maybe a cooldown around a minute but not the "only usable if there are more then X targets infected with both diseases" so we could use it single target too

I don't like it becuase we're supposed to mentain diseases on targets, not remove them. Keep up the creativity thought, but don't expect an additional ability to be added this expansion.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2013-01-10 at 07:16 PM.