good keybindings?

anyone have any good keybindings that they would like to share?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hahaowned56 View Post
    anyone have any good keybindings that they would like to share?
    Keybinds is that kind of personal thing that one cannot copy...

I use 1 to 6 (CD's and situational stuff) on keyboard and 6 extra mouse buttons (healing/damage spells) which is a basic logitech wireless mouse nothing fancy and right mouse button for dispells.

Using modifiers Shift and Ctrl for a total 34 possible binds + rightclick dispell.

Thats what i use, but you have to figure keybinds out urself.
    U have to be able to play with it.

Deleted
    If you want me to write all of my binds for you, sure, because i'm bored anyway, but i'm currently using 68 key binds including focus/ctrl/alt modifiers on my rogue. basically anything around wasd and my mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    If you want me to write all of my binds for you, sure, because i'm bored anyway, but i'm currently using 68 key binds including focus/ctrl/alt modifiers on my rogue. basically anything around wasd and my mouse.
    As I am curious, please do so

i use `-5, alt `-4, shift 1-4, f1-f4, shift f1-shift f4, 2 extra mouse buttons also with shift and alt mods and i use R, F, and T as those are close to wasd. I know that some poeple like to use ESDF fpr movement. That opens up a lot more letters to keybind to.

http://sacreddutydotnet.files.wordpr...ng?w=609&h=405

There's a picture of an ESDF setup with green being easy keys, yellow moderate, and red hard to reach. Acquired image from sacredduty.net
    Last edited by Monolith of Mazes; 2013-01-09 at 01:41 PM.

It's really easy to set up keybinds, but it's really up to you which binds you are comfortable to use.

These should be standard binds for almost everyone that are using WASD.
    §123456
    Shift+§123456
    Alt+§123456
    Ctrl+§123456
    QERTFGZXCV
    Shift+QERTFGZXCV
    Alt+QERTFGZXCV
    Ctrl+QERTFGZXCV
    Mouse 3 and Mouse 4/5
    Middle Mouse Button
    Scroll Up and Down
    Not that common binds, modifers (shift/alt/ctrl) on your movementkeys WASD.
    Shift+WASD
    Alt+WASD
    Ctrl+WASD

Decide on WASD or ESDF as your movement keys then fill the keys up around them with binds. You should put abilities you use most often in the most accessible (close) places, and with no modifiers. Things you use less often, further away and/or with modifiers. And put important things on mouse buttons as well if you use a mouse with extra buttons, they are very convenient and your mouse hand has much more freedom. I actually entered things into a spreadsheet using the cells as a rough button layout and put things in and changed my whole layout.

My hunter setup (not all of my binds, and some switch depending on spec):

1: Cobra
    Shift+1: Kill Shot
    2: Explosive/KC
    Shift+2: Serpent Sting
    3: Arcane
    Shift+3: Tier4 Talent (Dire Beast/Fervor)
    4: Black Arrow/Focus Fire
    Shift+4: Scatter
    5: Tier6 Talent (GT/Barrage/Powershot)
    6: Tier5 Talent (AMoC/Lynx/Blink)
    7: Concussive
    8: Mend pet

V: Multi-shot
    E: Feign
    Q: Grouped cooldowns
    Shift+E: Misdirect
    Ctrl+E: Pet "move to"
    F: Flare
    Shift+F: Frost trap
    R: Hunter's Mark
    T: Situational/Boss specific macros
    Shift+T: Potion
    Shift+R: Exp. Trap
    Alt+Mouse5: Tier2 Talent (Silence/Wyvern/Binding)
    Shift+Mouse5: Disengage
    Mouse4: Deterrence
    Ctrl+Mouse4: Freeze Trap
    Shift+Mouse4: Readiness
    Mouse6: Bestial wrath
    Mousewheel left: Aspects OPIE (addon) ring
    Mousewheel right: Camo
    Alt+Mouse4: Master's call
    `: Pet attack
    Shift+`: pet follow

Lots more I'm probably forgetting...

10+ Year Old Account
    1-7, Razer Naga's Mouse4/5 (Index Finger Buttons), VQE

A + D into strafe.

Control+1-7, Razer Naga's Mouse4/5 (Index Finger Buttons), VQE

Naga side buttons= ALT+1234567890-=
    Currently Procrastinating

the most used keybinds and easy to access are the following:

1, 2, 3 ,4, 5
    q, e, r, t, f, g
    z, x, c, v

then depending on the mouse you have you can get 4/5 keybinds more unless you use razer naga in which case you get a lot more.
    now if you start trowing in modifier keybinds... you get the drift.

A little tip: keybind left strave to button A and keybind strave right to button D. Having your strave buttons keybinded instead of turn left/right increases mobility and frees up Q and E.

Deleted
    Disclaimer copied from my guide in the druid section.

Before you start here you need to know that.
    • This might not be optimal for you
    • This is stil my personal preference and experience regarding being a melee
    • This will favor being a melee dps preforming a rotation without having impact on your movement

Firstly you need to ask yourself if your comfortable with your keybinds?
    Are you a clicking spells?
    Do you have everything you frequently use and/or could use?

First if you have been playing since 7 years back and still use the same keybinds dose that mean they are the most optimal? No… Just because your used to them and have been mashing a few keyboards in your days dose not mean this is the “best” way of doing it.
    Before you read any further on this section if you know you are a clicker and will go back don’t waste time reading this part.

First most things are in different sizes like us some having big as hands some don’t.
    Most important thing is that you can play comfortable.
    Firstly I am probably not the first one to mention, if I am then I am glad you hear it
    WASD id not FOR THE WIN… ESDF should be used for movement because all of a sudden Z A W turned into great keybinds and Q remains decent.
    -But Etapic I can’ reach Shift,Alt as good as before…You should be using your modifiers on your mouse! I don’t tell you to go and buy a 17 button MMO mouse like Razor Naga but you should at least have a mouse with buttons for your thumb.

Now you will use ESDF for movement what about the rest?

Arguably best bind would be on your mouse BUT I am using a razor naga myself I do not recommend using to many because, 10 11 12 for me is shity to use often. On that mouse the behinds behind the scroll is WONDERFUL I mean what are your Middle Finger doing more then chilling on your scroll wheel?

Good keybinds are: A, Z, < or > whatever you call that button, and Space. Yes space is a perfect button for frequent used abilities yes your room mates might hate you if you be spamming space but it as good. Now what about jump? I hope you don’t backpaddle ONLY exception is if you would be a tank… Kittens aren’t tanks only because our hunter Misdirect us doesn’t mean we shall backpaddle. However D is a perfect jump key, it will feel weird but get used to it! And you should not be using D for something anyways… Right? Also scroll wheel back front left right like whatever your mouse allows you to.

Decent keybinds

And bad but usable keybinds

Modifiers

Now what do I bind on good,decent,bad but usable keybinds?

Good: Spells that is used often and wouldn’t hurt to missclick like Time Wrap on G and a often used spell on F not a good idea is it? This spells are rotational abilities BUT also WTF buttons for example Healthstone, Survival Instinct, Vanish, Ice Block. This binds are good because you will not be leaving ESDF that is used for movement and jumping.

Decent: Here you will need to move fingers away from your movement, This binds should be spells that needs to be used quick and with an 5-20 second CD on. Examples Interrupt, Wild Growth, Swiftmend, Mind Blast, Finishers, And AoE, Encounter button for Heroic Will example.

Bad but useable: Everything that is used in combat but can be planned long before you will use them, Cooldowns
    Edit movement: Strafe run!
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2013-01-09 at 08:19 PM.