Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Nowadays? I'd say it takes at least twice as long. 1-50 is a breeze nowadays.

If you compare it to early Rift though, it might be a similar amount of time though.
    True, I leveled when only 45+ IA was available, now 1-45 can go alot faster than it did for me. Still, twice the time while having about twice the space to do it in is not bad at all.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    True, I leveled when only 45+ IA was available, now 1-45 can go alot faster than it did for me. Still, twice the time while having about twice the space to do it in is not bad at all.
    Correct, but it's a little jarring for new people and definitely will be tedious like we mentioned for alts.

As great as those additional systems are to speed up/diversify the experience, the game still has to be designed around total completion from quests. That's just status quo for a Western MMO. They definitely design with that in mind. In this particular instance it just seems a *bit* too much.

Like I said though, I like it stayig that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'm not a wizard or anything, but I predict that the next expansion will add some sort of solution because they will:

1) Add at least 1 new calling and race
    2) Increase the cap by 10 again

You heard it here first.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 01:25 PM ----------

I stated that it was my opinion. Do we need to like triple state when we make opinions now?

The reason my viewpoint is more reasonable is that we have a wealth of data from other MMOs over the last 8 years to know that this is the case. We haven't magically reached some gaming plateau where everyone is a high performer with an abundance of time to devote to games. It's just percentages. It's not really anything specific to this industry either.

Look at Facebook. Sure there are a bajillion registered users and the average number of posts/likes/whathaveyou are pretty insane. But if you boil that down to an average, the average user spends almost no time on it every day. It probably has a slightly deformed, but still recognizable bell curve. It's the nature of humanity and mathematics.
    There's wealth of data from other MMO's over the past 8 years that states people who play Rift casually thinks the leveling is slow.
    Must have missed that.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    There's wealth of data from other MMO's over the past 8 years that states people who play Rift casually thinks the leveling is slow.
    Must have missed that.
    If you think people that play Rift have some vastly different genetic makeup or gaming tendencies, you're simply wrong. In fact I even specifically linked it to a much larger cognitive behavior. Similar observations are present in any activity really.

I could have written you off and said to use common sense, but that's not very fair to you is it?

Triple the time of 1-50? Talk about gross over-exaggeration. 50-60 takes about the same amount of time as 1-50.
    Get out. You are saying it takes 48 hours to level through 50-60?

Because that was was the rough time it took to go 1-50 in Rift classic. I can go 1-30 in like a day through the old world right now. No xp boosts.

One would just barely crack 53 in a single day for SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Get out. You are saying it takes 48 hours to level through 50-60?

Because that was was the rough time it took to go 1-50 in Rift classic. I can go 1-30 in like a day through the old world right now. No xp boosts.

One would just barely crack 53 in a single day for SL.
    Yes, I am saying that you can get 50-60 in 48 hours, the world first were done in ~48 from release.

Yes, I am saying that you can get 50-60 in 48 hours, the world first were done in ~48 from release.
    World firsts. That's people who played super hardcore and planned out the leveling path ect. and isn't really indicative of the remaining...about 99% of the population : /