Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Your after girls right?

    Plenty of fish is free but full of insane ppl, there is also okcupid with some of the same insane ppl.
    yes, I am testing how the site options work.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    Just go to meetme.com! I joined 6 months ago and so far ive slept with 4 off there, but be warned some are a little bizzare! One of them decided it was sane to hold my property as collateral until she was done having fun, 8 times later and I got my stuff back!

    Other free options are Plenty of Fish, Evow, Okcupid, Craigs "< very risky"...but none seams to work like meetme!
    meetme.com is a total troll site, lol

  3. #23
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Lima Ohio
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Salaction160 View Post
    meetme.com is a total troll site, lol
    I disagree, unless you act like a douche on there! Then you get no where!

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer Kouki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,512
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    I disagree, unless you act like a douche on there! Then you get no where!
    compared to acting like a deuche and getting your way wait what?
    -Scrapbot stole my sig-

  5. #25
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Lima Ohio
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    compared to acting like a deuche and getting your way wait what?
    I guess I should explain! I don't set out with the mindset of "I want to get laid" because if girls even get the slightest hint that is all the guy is after you fucked from the get-go. I am actually on the site in hopes for a relationship but like I said the girls on there and probably if I had to guess many other sites are bizzare, or sluts in disguise! I usually talk to a girl for 2 weeks about 2 hrs a day and then if I feel they are interested "you will know from talking, if they only respond in short relies they more than likely aren't" I use something like this "I was just wondering since we are only a short drive apart if you would like to come hangout, I will cook up something nice and we can cuddle up and watch a movie, maybe talk and get to know each other more". And it usually works, but it seams once they get to your house and the night progresses you soon find out sex is on the table. Hell I was watching a movie with this one girl and all of a sudden she turns to me and says "I bet you want to touch me don't you" and I said smiled and said yes, and she took my hand and stuck it down yonder! You get places when your polite and respectful, whether you have a hidden agenda or not! I don't consider myself a douche with a hidden agenda because I honestly just want a relationship but if sex gets on the table without me instigating I am taking the chance lol

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    I guess I should explain! I don't set out with the mindset of "I want to get laid" because if girls even get the slightest hint that is all the guy is after you fucked from the get-go. I am actually on the site in hopes for a relationship but like I said the girls on there and probably if I had to guess many other sites are bizzare, or sluts in disguise! I usually talk to a girl for 2 weeks about 2 hrs a day and then if I feel they are interested "you will know from talking, if they only respond in short relies they more than likely aren't" I use something like this "I was just wondering since we are only a short drive apart if you would like to come hangout, I will cook up something nice and we can cuddle up and watch a movie, maybe talk and get to know each other more". And it usually works, but it seams once they get to your house and the night progresses you soon find out sex is on the table. Hell I was watching a movie with this one girl and all of a sudden she turns to me and says "I bet you want to touch me don't you" and I said smiled and said yes, and she took my hand and stuck it down yonder! You get places when your polite and respectful, whether you have a hidden agenda or not! I don't consider myself a douche with a hidden agenda because I honestly just want a relationship but if sex gets on the table without me instigating I am taking the chance lol
    good call but I call BS on the polite and respectful.

  7. #27
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Lima Ohio
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy029 View Post
    good call but I call BS on the polite and respectful.
    How so? I ask them how their day was, if they've done anything fun that day, etc etc...if they want to give it up on first date how does that fall on me?!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    How so? I ask them how their day was, if they've done anything fun that day, etc etc...if they want to give it up on first date how does that fall on me?!
    Oh I am most certain you didn't walk up and slap a chcik in the face and say "suck my cack" (although I do know girls who will do it) what I mean was you were urging them on in some way.

  9. #29
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33,120
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy029 View Post
    Ok so a paid subscription is required to IM on match HOWEVER is it possible to receive an IM without a paid subscription? reason I ask is I told in my profile that if you do not have a full match subscription to wink at me and I will take care of the rest, I got a wink but it said that I could IM the person that winked at me. She has not said anything back to me on the IM.
    You can receive them without paying but as far as I know you can't reply back to that stuff. It has been a while since I've used Match.com myself. I've had some success and I've met some quality guys off of it. When people have to pay for this stuff they tend to be of a higher quality than on a free site.

    I wouldn't worry too much that she didn't reply. There are plenty of others to talk to. A lot of people wink at profiles that catch their eye but later just ignore it if the person responds because they either change their mind, are too timid to respond back, or stopped using the site/went on a date.



  10. #30
    Dreadlord the0o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Zangarmarsh
    Posts
    847
    You can try adultspace, its an "adult" myspace site.
    If your in a big city, you may find alot of local connections. Be careful, some are Ehookers.

    Craigslist is decent just got to be careful.

    Myspace (a long time ago) was an awesome hookup site, but it fell to the Emos and camera "whores".

    RL (real life) aka clubbing is another option but like some of these dating sites, you may pay with no play.

    "Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"


  11. #31
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    17,958
    Just use OK Cupid instead. It's free, and better.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  12. #32
    I used online dating years ago, met a few nice girls that I dated for awhile. Also plenty of insane/scary girls too.

    The problem now is that those sites are male heavy (like 50 guys to 1 girl) so girls are literally getting hundreds of messages. Secondly, porn spammers have created thousands of false profiles. They pretend to be interested in you and then send you a link to their "hot pics" or "cam" or whatever hoping you'll pay to see it (they're just dudes selling porn).

    Finally, girls don't like cheapass guys. If you are too cheap to pay for a membership...forget about it. You'll only be dealing with the crazies and the porn spammers.

  13. #33
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    17,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornainbow View Post
    I used online dating years ago, met a few nice girls that I dated for awhile. Also plenty of insane/scary girls too.

    The problem now is that those sites are male heavy (like 50 guys to 1 girl) so girls are literally getting hundreds of messages. Secondly, porn spammers have created thousands of false profiles. They pretend to be interested in you and then send you a link to their "hot pics" or "cam" or whatever hoping you'll pay to see it (they're just dudes selling porn).

    Finally, girls don't like cheapass guys. If you are too cheap to pay for a membership...forget about it. You'll only be dealing with the crazies and the porn spammers.
    I haven't had that experience at all on OK Cupid (free). There are plenty of good looking well adjusted women on there. They won't likely respond to you if you don't present yourself well, of course, but when I've gone on dates, they've all been pretty much exactly who they presented themselves to be.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I haven't had that experience at all on OK Cupid (free). There are plenty of good looking well adjusted women on there. They won't likely respond to you if you don't present yourself well, of course, but when I've gone on dates, they've all been pretty much exactly who they presented themselves to be.
    I meant that I "met" crazy girls in the sense that they were available and messaged me. I only had 2 dates where the person turned out to be somewhat...off.

    Overall, it was a positive experience and I met my wife online. Been married for nearly a decade so that tells you how long ago I used dating sites.

  15. #35
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    17,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornainbow View Post
    I meant that I "met" crazy girls in the sense that they were available and messaged me. I only had 2 dates where the person turned out to be somewhat...off.

    Overall, it was a positive experience and I met my wife online. Been married for nearly a decade so that tells you how long ago I used dating sites.
    I imagine it's quite a lot different now than it was then, too. The population using the sites has changed quite a lot. My experience, by contrast, was that when I tried eHarmony, I found a lot of desperate women. Possibly they thought that they'd have better chances if they joined an expensive site or something. The girls I met on OK Cupid, however, were generally more laid back and just sort of seeing if someone cool came along.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornainbow View Post
    The problem now is that those sites are male heavy (like 50 guys to 1 girl) so girls are literally getting hundreds of messages. Secondly, porn spammers have created thousands of false profiles. They pretend to be interested in you and then send you a link to their "hot pics" or "cam" or whatever hoping you'll pay to see it (they're just dudes selling porn).
    Rhere is good news here though with the ratio. While to many women (no matter how much they say otherwise) will only look at your pics the leave if you are not attractive to them there are still those that read your profile and take heart to what you say in your emails. I have 3 dates already scheduled (with 3 different ladies) because of what my profile says and what my emails say. I have only subscribed since this past friday.

    you can check out my profile if you want some tips on what a decent one should look like. I have the sudo-sexual humor in there, I have the dry humor in there, and I have the seriousness in there. I even have a game in my profile for the ladies to play.

    Anyone wanting to see my profile go on match and look up area code 49085 (within 5-10 miles) for 32 year old, my user name is cdiddy1998
    Last edited by crawdaddy029; 2013-01-10 at 06:26 AM.

  17. #37
    eh, I had success with eHarmoney (he turned into a really great friend when we realized a few months into it that the distance just wasnt for us) and Match (Still with the guy over a year later, although we still debate who contacted who first. I swear i winked at him first ) OkCupid i ended up getting all the losers, so after a couple weeks i just took my profile down.

    Dating sites are great if you're patient and know how to put together a good profile, although as a woman i guess it might be easier for me. On the other hand, Im an average at best looking woman so i didnt think it would be easy >.>

    as far as your actual question, i think you can recieve, just not send or in some cases know who it is. Although one time on Match, after i deactivated and ran out of time because i found my current bf, i was able to read a mail and know who it was from, but only that one time.

  18. #38
    Warchief Letmesleep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Spooning you without your knowledge
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    I joined 6 months ago and so far ive slept with 4 off there,
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    if girls even get the slightest hint that is all the guy is after you fucked from the get-go.
    sluts in disguise!
    I don't consider myself a douche with a hidden agenda
    What. The. Hell.

    Do you even read the things you write? You're the guy everyone complains about when they say no one on these websites is looking for anything serious. Congratulations, you had 4 meaningless hookups and are still alone.

  19. #39
    This is a prime example of the type of email you should write when you want to try to match with someone. They may or may not bite, but you have the humor there and you are being direct with what you want at the same time. I did this in the past 20 minutes. messaged 4 ladies with this and she was the first to respond and it was perfect.

    Last edited by crawdaddy029; 2013-01-10 at 09:29 AM.

  20. #40
    Warchief Letmesleep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Spooning you without your knowledge
    Posts
    1,972
    Grats, crawdaddy have a solid date.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •