Deleted

mistweaver mana issues

Hi there fellow monks

Just a quick question I seem to have issues with mana as MW, now I am new to mistweaver and only level 88 atm just seems like I'm fistweaving with jaB, TP and blackout kick I'm not used to this style yet but I know that gets me mana tea and If someone gets low I do the channeled heal and use the big heal thing ( sorry can't remember the names of the spells ) and this seems to drain me I know I'm doing a lot wrong but is there any tips someone could impart with me for mana managment ?
    Any help you could give would be appreciated

Deleted
    fistweaving is not suited for your lvl just yet. try heal with as a normal healer from range and ur mana will increase. even with 490 ilvl i have mana problems when i use fistweaving alot in raids because of the latest nerfs. untill blizz buffs our mana regen by lowering the mana cost or something fistweaving is pretty dead

Deleted
    Ahh ok didn't realise,
    Im not fistweaving all the time just when I have 5 chi ill bounce in and do some melee for eminence and zeal also soo I shouldn't be fistweaving then ? I should just sit back and heal as normal .. right gotcha Ty for the info

You also need to realize your mana bar is not your only resource. Mana tea is mostly where your mana will come from in combat, you use your mana bar to build stacks of mana tea, then it's mana tea for the rest of the fight more or less.

You glyph mana tea, and use it on cooldown, should help mana management a lot.

I would have to completely disagree here and say you should definitely be in melee, keep up SZ, chi gen with jab, and if needed use EnvM (hasted by SoM) for added tank healing. "fist weaving" (or zealweaving if we use totaltotemic's name) is by far the most efficient method of healing as a MW, period.

Also, it irk's me everytime someone talks about mana tea as another resource. Generating mana tea is INHERENTLY A MANA NEGATIVE PROCESS, you do NOT gain mana from it. It merely lowers the cost of our chi generating spells by a set amount. Blowing all your mana to generate tea is a bad idea. Use your mana to heal, when its needed. Otherwise, don't use heals if people don't need them, as with any healing class. (This esp. applies to fist weaving, unless you're healing heroic dungeons in gear like mine [IE: Completely overgeared]).
    Last edited by Astraios; 2013-01-09 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    I would have to completely disagree here and say you should definitely be in melee, keep up SZ, chi gen with jab, and if needed use EnvM (hasted by SoM) for added tank healing. "fist weaving" (or zealweaving if we use totaltotemic's name) is by far the most efficient method of healing as a MW, period.
    I have to disagree. I find myself with MORE mana and higher HPS when i cast vs Eminence heals. Jab isnt exactly a cheap spell. x2 for one blackout kick = 14k mana. (roughly ) and it only heals ONE person. ( 50% from your attack + 50% from statue copy ) Very poor vs Renewing Mists & Uplift. Unless i am doing something terribly right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely have mana issues and I fistweave all the time. I ensure that I keep up my Serpent's Zeal and my Tiger Power, only renewing them when they have 5 seconds left. I use jab only when I know I'm going to need more chi and definitely do not use jab if I AM low on mana.

There are a few fights that I stay out of melee for (Will of the Emperor for example) but I mainly am almost always in melee, and my HPS is great.

The key is to be smart about your jabs, and use mana tea on cooldown.