Positive praise for Blizzard

Hey community/ Blizzard.

I would like to applaude Blizzard for their il requirements for the upcoming lfr. Thanks in advance.
    For a commercial company to make the choice of looking after its loyal, sub paying and old players is frankly something which is a relief. ( it is easy to be swayed by a potential new market)
    I am not sure about everyone else but it sickens me a little when a brand new player who hasn`t earned loot, recieves what you have spent months farming overnight. We all know that this game takes a very long time to master and `carrying` people that you dont know becomes most tiresome.
    This goes for alts too why must alts be geared as much as mains which are used for progression?. From my perspective they need not be.
    So once again Blizzard thanks and please dont give in to the whiners who love to say something negative about a positive.

PS I play a Rogue but thats a discussion for another post
    Last edited by tangsour; 2013-01-09 at 01:43 PM. Reason: typo

Pretty sure this 486 ilevel requirement is only temporary and it'll be lowered though...

10+ Year Old Account
    The blue post in response to someone asking about the ilvl requirement seems to insinuate that it will be changed on live, and that they only have it so high on the PTR for testing reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    My bet is it'll be 480 when it goes live. Easy for raiders and non raiders will require most of their gear to be 483 to reach the new LFR.

Now, there's no new 5 mans to buff our ilvl, so for non-raiders... exactly how are we supposed to reach this without PvP when the current LFRs drop 476 and 483s? Am I missing something here? Do you expect non-raiders to spend months (to the point the raid after thunder king is released) getting valor to buy that gear for ilvl?
    What this guy fails to realize is that you can get:

489/496 gear from valor (497/504 upgraded)
    489 gear from exalted reps (497 upgraded)
    484/491 upgraded LFR gear
    496 World boss gear (504 upgraded)
    484/504 upgraded crafted gear

If you count upgrades even doing purely LFR you can still get 491 ilvl.

What does a ilvl 486 for new LFR actually mean? Exactly what OP said...that freshly dinged 90s (alts or new players) Can't spend a week gearing through dungeons and then jump into the new LFR and get caught up with all the people who were here from the start. Is that a good or bad thing? Not going to discuss it here but I feel like that is the way Blizzard wants to go.

I liked wow best when raid gear was for raiders It made sense to spend hours wiping on really hard bosses then. Now its loot for all where is the value?
    Good things are supposed to be hard too get in life as well as wow isnt the saying easy come easy go?. I have no idea of what new players who receive this easy loot stay but i would place a sizable bet that those who stay for the hard route would be more likely to stay overall and pay subs.
    Fingers crossed the level stays fairly high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    What this guy fails to realize is that you can get:

489/496 gear from valor (497/504 upgraded)
    489 gear from exalted reps (497 upgraded)
    484/491 upgraded LFR gear
    496 World boss gear (504 upgraded)
    484/504 upgraded crafted gear

If you count upgrades even doing purely LFR you can still get 491 ilvl.

What does a ilvl 486 for new LFR actually mean? Exactly what OP said...that freshly dinged 90s (alts or new players) Can't spend a week gearing through dungeons and then jump into the new LFR and get caught up with all the people who were here from the start. Is that a good or bad thing? Not going to discuss it here but I feel like that is the way Blizzard wants to go.
    So you're basically saying the way to get around spending lots of valor on gear, is to spend lots of valor on gear?

I need to actually get my head around what's been said line by line:

Do you expect non-raiders to spend months (to the point the raid after thunder king is released) getting valor to buy that gear for ilvl?

He doesn't want to spend months *getting valor* to buy the gear.
    Your suggestions are:
    489/496 gear from valor (497/504 upgraded) Requires spending valor, and all valor gear requires rep (correct me if I'm wrong)
    489 gear from exalted reps (497 upgraded) Requires spending valor, 1250, 1750, or 2250 for each piece *severely limiting the number of upgrades you can make*.
    484/491 upgraded LFR gear Upgrading costs 750 valor a pop.
    496 World boss gear (504 upgraded) This one I'll half give you, but with the obscenely low chance of getting loot from Sha, and Galleon being unavailable for casual players on most servers, it's a tiny amount of gear each month. Upgrading it costs more valor.
    484/504 upgraded crafted gear Crafted gear can be a good alternative, if you're loaded with cash. Upgrading still costs valor.

So essentially, you HAVE to grind valor to gear to 486.

There is a lot of loot elitism going on here isnt there?

You do realise blizzard are upping the drop rate for 5.0 raids when 5.2 hits to help other players gear characters to get them into the new raids faster? I would bet that requirement for the new raids will be lowered a bit to probably match the gear level you can attain from TOS in LFR. If it doesn't its not a big deal as most people running LFR now will still be able to get in with some luck/upgraded items.

FYI, "raid gear" is still for raiders, its called normal and heroic raiding. You can still go there and raid and the gear you get there is better than LFR. the LFR gear is not as good as that and it doesnt affect you in any negative way. Saying "they dont deserve loot as I farmed for months" is stupid.