Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I heard they were looking to sign Michael Schumacher to do it but he wasn't interested. Stating that in hindsight it appears Michael was actually very fast in his 2nd career. The issue was nobody considered Nico Rosberg to be all that special, until he was paired up with Hamilton.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Button has been given a 3 place grid penalty for ignoring red flags in FP1 (the session was suspended because the medical helicopter was not present at the track).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Button has been given a 3 place grid penalty for ignoring red flags in FP1 (the session was suspended because the medical helicopter was not present at the track).
    To clarify, the BBC FP1 highlights say that he overtook under red flags, not that he ignored them.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

man, i wish BMW & Honda would get back into the F1 game.. not holding my breath

oh, i also started taking shots every time Matchett says "staggering" or refers to the cars as "chassis".. makes for a much more interesting view .. i'll have to add every time he says "McLaren International" as well...

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    man, i wish BMW & Honda would get back into the F1 game.. not holding my breath

oh, i also started taking shots every time Matchett says "staggering" or refers to the cars as "chassis".. makes for a much more interesting view .. i'll have to add every time he says "McLaren International" as well...
    Honda will be supplying engines for McLaren from 2015.

Michael Schumacher has been taken to the brain trauma unit in Grenoble after sufferign a cerebral hemorrhage after a collision with a rock while skiing in the Alps. He is currently in a coma after undergoing brain surgery.

Well fuck. That's all I can think of this moment. That dude is a legend in many ways, including both being a great driver and also fucking asshole on a track. He's one of the few modern (well until recently) drivers that really made F1 worth watching, even if there was lull during his later championship years.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Every F1 Champ was an Asshole on the Track.. Yes even everybodys darling Senna

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    Every F1 Champ was an Asshole on the Track.. Yes even everybodys darling Senna
    I might be rose-tinted but I can't remember Damon Hill or Mika Hakkinen being poor sports.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not rose-tinted. There's dozens of F1 champs, three assholes isn't a very large proportion. Also Senna had confidence, not the smugness of Vettel. As for Schumacher, on the track he was definitely an asshole for getting away with so many double-moves especially late in overtaking zones.

jasdasm, F1 didn't start in the 80s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technical rules are out for next season, I really recommend everyone go over them, it's one of the biggest overhauls to date on the cars and the race styles are going to change quite dramatically.

Biggest one for me is the KERS change, they're going from having 80 BHP available for 6 seconds per lap to 161 BHP available for 33.

Shorter front wing, lower chassis, redesigned sidepods and no d-bar over the now single exhaust, 100 kilo fuel tank running a turbo V6 (limited to 15000 rpm) speed cornering is going to be a thing of the past, drag racing down the straights however is the new attraction.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

If drivers aren't very careful, tyres are going to be destroyed by the sheer amount of torque that turbocharged V6 plus 161BHP of KERS will output. Not to mention the risk of rear wheel spin off the line and when exiting corners without the extra downforce from the exhaust blowing on the lower spoiler (blown diffuser). Don't forget, they don't get traction control or ESP to control acceleration.

The KERS alone will output more power than most family cars.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-01-14 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's an emergency rule in force for tyres this year that they have the right to change tyre composition with immediate effect should any need to arise.

A German court has ruled that Bernie Ecclestone is going to have to answer to charges of bribery in court.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ecclestone has also resigned his position while the court case is ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Ecclestone has also resigned his position while the court case is ongoing.
    He is not on the board of directors, but he still remains in charge of F1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Ecclestone
    "For Formula One Management it's the same as before [...] There is no change at all. It's just that if I wanted to buy something I can't do it without board approval.

"But when it comes to races, circuits, it will be as we've always done. It will be the same thing."
    Continuing in the vein of people being in control, or rather regaining it:

Ron Dennis has been appointed Chief Executive Officer at McLaren. Martin Whitmarsh's future in his position as Team Principle is uncertain. The water-cooler rumour mill is suggesting that Ross Brawn may become Team Principle when he returns from his sabbatical.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula-one/25766407

Well that's probably put an end to any chance of Alonso joining McLaren.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-01-17 at 01:37 PM.

Felipe Massa's long-time race engineer Rob Smedley has followed his driver to Williams. He will join the team at the beginning of the 2014 season when his contract with Ferrari expires.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The new Force India car + livery look great. No wiener nose or any ridiculous aerodynamic elements...very clean.

Time for a new topic or a namechange?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Time for a new topic or a namechange?
    I'll make a new topic when the first test is run and ask NG to close this one.