Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    Every F1 Champ was an Asshole on the Track.. Yes even everybodys darling Senna
    I might be rose-tinted but I can't remember Damon Hill or Mika Hakkinen being poor sports.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/4/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

Brewmaster
    Not rose-tinted. There's dozens of F1 champs, three assholes isn't a very large proportion. Also Senna had confidence, not the smugness of Vettel. As for Schumacher, on the track he was definitely an asshole for getting away with so many double-moves especially late in overtaking zones.

jasdasm, F1 didn't start in the 80s.
    "Wrong. Deterrence deflects 100% of Iron Prison (Not tomb) dmg." -Jaydenkor, 2014

Technical rules are out for next season, I really recommend everyone go over them, it's one of the biggest overhauls to date on the cars and the race styles are going to change quite dramatically.

Biggest one for me is the KERS change, they're going from having 80 BHP available for 6 seconds per lap to 161 BHP available for 33.

Shorter front wing, lower chassis, redesigned sidepods and no d-bar over the now single exhaust, 100 kilo fuel tank running a turbo V6 (limited to 15000 rpm) speed cornering is going to be a thing of the past, drag racing down the straights however is the new attraction.

If drivers aren't very careful, tyres are going to be destroyed by the sheer amount of torque that turbocharged V6 plus 161BHP of KERS will output. Not to mention the risk of rear wheel spin off the line and when exiting corners without the extra downforce from the exhaust blowing on the lower spoiler (blown diffuser). Don't forget, they don't get traction control or ESP to control acceleration.

The KERS alone will output more power than most family cars.
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2014-01-14 at 11:50 AM.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

There's an emergency rule in force for tyres this year that they have the right to change tyre composition with immediate effect should any need to arise.

A German court has ruled that Bernie Ecclestone is going to have to answer to charges of bribery in court.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Ecclestone has also resigned his position while the court case is ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Ecclestone has also resigned his position while the court case is ongoing.
    He is not on the board of directors, but he still remains in charge of F1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Ecclestone
    "For Formula One Management it's the same as before [...] There is no change at all. It's just that if I wanted to buy something I can't do it without board approval.

"But when it comes to races, circuits, it will be as we've always done. It will be the same thing."
    Continuing in the vein of people being in control, or rather regaining it:

Ron Dennis has been appointed Chief Executive Officer at McLaren. Martin Whitmarsh's future in his position as Team Principle is uncertain. The water-cooler rumour mill is suggesting that Ross Brawn may become Team Principle when he returns from his sabbatical.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula-one/25766407

Well that's probably put an end to any chance of Alonso joining McLaren.
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2014-01-17 at 01:37 PM.

Felipe Massa's long-time race engineer Rob Smedley has followed his driver to Williams. He will join the team at the beginning of the 2014 season when his contract with Ferrari expires.

Brewmaster
    The new Force India car + livery look great. No wiener nose or any ridiculous aerodynamic elements...very clean.
    "Wrong. Deterrence deflects 100% of Iron Prison (Not tomb) dmg." -Jaydenkor, 2014

Time for a new topic or a namechange?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Time for a new topic or a namechange?
    I'll make a new topic when the first test is run and ask NG to close this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'll make a new topic when the first test is run and ask NG to close this one.
    I cant wait. I have been checking out every 30 minutes to see photos of the new cars. I am so pumped!

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by sargior View Post
    I cant wait. I have been checking out every 30 minutes to see photos of the new cars. I am so pumped!
    So phallic noses on McLaren, Williams, Caterham (rumored.)

Asymmetric pronged nose on the Lotus. I guess one is longer just to meet the minimum length specified by FIA regs.

Conventional nose on the Force India.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2014-01-24 at 05:03 PM.

McLaren have poached (sorry, recruited) Eric Boullier (team principle) from Lotus.

Brewmaster
    I wonder how many launches with conventional noses are just teams with innovative solutions playing their cards close to the chest. Sort of like BMW-Sauber in 2008 with their nosecone winglets...they only appeared after testing at Aussie GP.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like we spoke too soon, Lotus will employ a penis nose as well.

Ferrari's nose brings a bloody elephant nose into my mind X.x
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988