Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Horner is intentionally ambiguous. You're seeing what you want to see.
    Duh, it's an interview. How often do you see someone act perfectly honest in one, especially considering how often journalists tend to misquote people, intentionally or unintentionally?

However, that doesn't mean he's lying. If he wanted to appeal to the fanbase as much as possible he would've continued to defend Webber. Don't forget - Vettel apologized yet again yesterday. Now would be the perfect time for Horner to pull something like that. It would make people think that things are perfectly under control at RB.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2013-03-30 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Uh, having just watched both clips, Horner is intentionally ambiguous. You're seeing what you want to see. The thing to take away is that you cannot hold back Vettel. He's too good of a driver and he won't comply with team orders...ever.
    Which is why he will be staying with Red Bull until Fernando Alonso retires from the sport. Ferrari don't need or want two alphas driving for them. Especially not ones that will ignore the instructions given to them.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Dreadlord
    Massa seems to be absolutely on it this weekend. If Alonso's sector times are any indication, though, he might do even better.

Rosberg for pole, Alonso to win.

This weekend so far has been overshadowed with more people caring about the Red Bull incident than the racing itself. I've actually resorted to muting commentary.

Dreadlord
    Excellent lap from Hamilton.

I told you Alonso was hiding something. If Massa's pace on the long runs is any indication, Alonso is going to be a major threat.

I also expect Red Bull to have something in hiding for the race. Webber will likely start from the pit lane, so with the modifications to the car he'll have a very easy time cutting his way through the field as he'll be much faster in the DRS zone. However, I don't expect him to make the same charge as in 2011 (or as Vettel in 2012).

Raikkonen's words will prove prophetic.

GTG predictions:
    Last edited by Coffer; 2013-04-13 at 05:25 PM.

If Grosjean was as good a race driver as he is a time trial driver, Lotus would be a considerable threat for the CC this season. Watching the pace of that car right now I can't help but think there's more to come from it.

Hoping getting up this early is gonna pay off for me! It's gotta be a good race, I expect Vettel to end up near the top at some point.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

Perez shouldn't of got that Mclaren spot over Hulk, Webber is out by damage he got from the Vergne contact.

The loose tyre could have been from a botched pit stop. Didn't look like the collision would have broken the wheel mount.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Not enough fuel for Webber, Ricciardo running a toro rosso didnt get off the way for Webber as he did before for Vettel, not putting that tyre for Webber correctly... Red Bull is a Mafia.

By the way, that tyre running free is a dangerous as hell

Oh and i love the fact that Kimi is running with the broken front part Hahaha. Gogo Kimi and Alonso. Best drivers with Hamilton... Vettel is a spoiled kid, good driver thou, but not even close to these three

Brewmaster
    Man I really hope that front end on Kimi's Lotus holds together for the entire race Oo

Man there's like an endless stream of pitstops in this race, I have no idea who's actually leading right now lol
    Last edited by Shakadam; 2013-04-14 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Man I really hope that front end on Kimi's Lotus holds together for the entire race Oo

Man there's like an endless stream of pitstops in this race, I have no idea who's actually leading right now lol
    top 5 (Lap 26):
    VET
    HUL
    ALO
    BUT
    HAM

Yea the tires have been terrible all weekend, it's gonna be even more drama at the end when Vettel and Button have to use the soft tires.

Anyone else think DRS is too good atm?
    Last edited by laffling; 2013-04-14 at 08:07 AM.

DRS may be too good, but i think the overtakes have more to do with the difference between new and old tyres.

Once again, i love the fact kimi is still running with the damaged front wing.

EDIT: ALO, fastest laps in a row. Engineer says to him that he doesnt need to push and ALO answered "i'm not pushing at all..."

If the finish line were 50m further down the track Vettel would have edged it.

Holy shit, those last two laps with Hamilton and Vettel. Very intense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    How about Grom's spirit returns to strike the final blow but slips on a goblin oil slick and accidentally decapitates a passing Cenarius.

Oh my days that final lap. A couple of bad wheel locks just cost Vettel a podium finish, but how Raikonnen held 2nd with that wing is brilliant.

Good for the championship though those 3 finishing above Vettel. Alonso was pretty class that race, always is when in a good car, I'd say he has proved himself over the past few years to be the best driver on the track probably.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

How close do you think Kimi would be to Alonso if he didn't botch that start up?

Brewmaster
    The 3 best drivers (currently) in F1 on the podium, I'd say that's a good day

Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    How close do you think Kimi would be to Alonso if he didn't botch that start up?
    Sounded like an apology from Lotus to Kimi on the teamradio regarding that at the end, so it might have been some kind of glitch? I'm sure the press conference will clear it up though. He probably could have challenged Alonso if that and the collision that damaged his front wing wouldn't have happened.