Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Until the FIA gets a considerable restructuring (as in, firing most of its personnel), I am done with the sport.
    It is amusing to see you return on a wake of one of their most bullshit decisions ever regarding the tire tests.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It is amusing to see you return on a wake of one of their most bullshit decisions ever regarding the tire tests.
    I'm not pleased at all with the verdict, so nothing's really changed. How are they even going to dare to look Sam Bird in the eye now?

And I have largely quit F1, so nothing's really changed. Next year's regulations are also looking very bad on paper and Pirelli is rumored to have a contract with most teams for next year, so unless a miracle happens I'm only going to go further away from the sport. 2005 all over again. However, I couldn't pass up the chance to comment on the departure of a polarizing driver like Webber.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2013-06-28 at 11:13 AM.

And I have largely quit F1, so nothing's really changed. Next year's regulations are also looking very bad on paper and Pirelli is rumored to have a contract with most teams for next year,
    Pirelli's tyre contract is with the FIA, not with the teams.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Pirelli's tyre contract is with the FIA, not with the teams.
    Contracts, deals, same thing.

Don't know if this is 'news', but either way it's awesome!

"Red Bull's short-list to partner Sebastian Vettel next season is Lotus's Kimi Raikkonen plus Toro Rosso pair Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23106096

Please, make it so!
    Religion won't give you answers. It will just stop you asking the questions.

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    Don't know if this is 'news', but either way it's awesome!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23106096

Please, make it so!
    As you might've already suspected, it's not really news, though it's nice to see them confirm their interest in him. The rumors surrounding his move to Red Bull have been around for ages.

I still think both Ricciardo and Vergne would be better options because Raikkonen would need some time to adapt to the team's requirements, whereas Ricciardo and Vergne largely already know the team inside out. Don't forget - despite his crashes, Romain was considerably more impressive than Kimi in the opening part of the previous season.

And no, I'm not talking about Raikkonen having to take up a #2 role. 2008 showed us that he wouldn't mind doing that, especially if he's on good terms with his teammate and he's being outraced. After all, both Massa and Vettel are known to have a strong friendship with him.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2013-06-29 at 03:39 PM.

Anybody else notice the two Torro Rosso pilots stepping up their game in qualifying this afternoon now that Webber has announced his retirement?

Grosjean will need to get the recklessness out of his system before Horner and Marko consider him an option.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Dreadlord
    Di Resta's car was found to be underweight, meaning he could be disqualified and sent to the back of the grid. What in blazes are Force India doing this year? Their drivers must be getting sick and tired of all these nonsensical things happening all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Grosjean will need to get the recklessness out of his system before Horner and Marko consider him an option.
    Outqualifying Raikkonen certainly didn't do him any harm.

hehe tomorrow Hamilton?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Di Resta's car was found to be underweight, meaning he could be disqualified and sent to the back of the grid. What in blazes are Force India doing this year? Their drivers must be getting sick and tired of all these nonsensical things happening all the time.

Outqualifying Raikkonen certainly didn't do him any harm.
    He has caused hardly any crashes this year too; I don't think he will be mature enough come 2014, but he could end up becoming an option for McLaren when Button retires if he continues to get better, keeps out-qualifying Raikönnen and keeps out of trouble.

Can we please have Bridgestone or Michelin back. Puncture has lost Ham this race and Massa a chance of winning. Ham has the worst luck and Vettel can make shit smell of roses.
    Last edited by laffling; 2013-06-30 at 12:23 PM.

Dreadlord
    Farce. This is a FARCE. I said it before and I'm going to say it again - kick Pirelli out of the sport as soon as possible.

I think if Pirelli are here next year I won't watch this is getting stupid.

another 1 bites the dust.

Boom, there goes another one !

Can the FiA protect Pirelli after today?

I dont see how they can allow Pirelli to supply tyres that just blow up in the middle of racing, this is ridiculous.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

They have been trying to find a way to make the races more exciting after the removal of fuel stops, super fragile tires is not the answer.

Dreadlord
    There is no way Pirelli are going to be in this sport next year. Absolutely no way.

Coffer who would u want to replace them though?

it is like they are using balloons not tyres...