Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think if Pirelli are here next year I won't watch this is getting stupid.

another 1 bites the dust.

Boom, there goes another one !

10+ Year Old Account
    Can the FiA protect Pirelli after today?

I dont see how they can allow Pirelli to supply tyres that just blow up in the middle of racing, this is ridiculous.

They have been trying to find a way to make the races more exciting after the removal of fuel stops, super fragile tires is not the answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no way Pirelli are going to be in this sport next year. Absolutely no way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coffer who would u want to replace them though?

it is like they are using balloons not tyres...

Jesus tap-dancing on a thimble christ, what the fuck is going on with those kerbs in Turn 4+5?

10+ Year Old Account
    So a lot of people had damage to tyres so is it the tyres causing the problems or the kurbs?

Could be the combination of kerb + hot tyres (already weakened) and high speed. The effect would be the equivalent of what happens when you grate cheese.

if it was the kerbs all I can think is there is debris stuck in the kerbs which is causing that problem..... in qualifying the cars run over the kerbs a lot more and a lot higher speeds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still this hasn't happened in previous years so I would put more blame on the tyres.

In previous years it has been raining for at least half the race...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I got nothing to say to that its rare for a sunny race day.

Edit:Vettels tyre from first pit stop.
    Last edited by laffling; 2013-06-30 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew there would be issues the moment it was announced Pirelli were going to supply tires.

Back when I worked for Riley&Scott and switched from the IRL program to the Cadillac LMP program in 2000, we had a decent showing at Daytona but it was downhill from there and only got worse by the time we got to Le Mans. Mark Scott chose to go with Pirelli as they put together a very attractive program (from a finacial standpoint for the team) as they were struggling to get teams to go with them in ALMS and since we were a GM program (ran by us) Pirelli gave us a very favorable tire contract for the season in hopes to draw in more teams.

While the only outright tire failure we had was testing at Road Atlanta, we struggled all season for grip and to get them to live longer than a load of fuel. the Dams team from France which were our sister cars had several outright failures one of which took out the rt rear corner and resulted in the car burning to the ground from the fire caused by it taking out a tranny cooler line.

I am not sure how F1 can deal with it far as getting out of their contracts, it would have taken a very fat stack of cash for Riley&Scott to get out of their contract and get another supplier, but obviously this is a different deal as they are supplying the series rather than a individual team however if push comes to shove and teams start to protest (read Indy F1 LOL) thier hand will be forced and I am sure something will be done.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Yessssssssssssss Vettel is out.

Vettel out!

Gearbox failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much luckier can Alonso get?! Vettel out with a gearbox failure, Rosberg's pretty much won.

Well, at least we can't say it was a boring race...