View Poll Results: Could a Flying fatigue be the right solution?

Voters
328. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it could be

    54 16.46%
  • Don't think so

    276 84.15%
  • Maybe (explain)

    24 7.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Because people want to be forced rather controlled in terms of NOT flying when they themselves can do it without dragging other people whom enjoy it.
    Not exactly.
    I get your point, but what I mean is

    - We have a huge world that feels tiny and empty,
    - That's because we have a way of travel that is simply too convenient.
    - The distances you have to travel nowadays are suited for the current model of flying mount.

    So when I ask something like this I assume that in the end, you will travel for the same amount of time to play, you just do less distance.

    You will be more easily attacked? probably yes
    You will enjoy the map more? that's the point of this change
    You still think you prefer the game the way it is? no problem! we're here just to discuss, just tell us the reason

    Your poll is wrong, you can enter multiple values.
    It's intended, thanks anyway
    "So long! And thanks for all the fish!"

  2. #22
    No no no no no no no no no

    If you don't like using a flying mount its your choice not to. The rest of us are quite happy with them.

    Carry on

  3. #23

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    You will be more easily attacked? probably yes
    You will enjoy the map more? that's the point of this change
    You still think you prefer the game the way it is? no problem! we're here just to discuss, just tell us the reason
    1) I play on a pve server so that doesn't concern me. If I played on a pvp server for god knows why, I'd probably hate it.
    2) "Oh jolly dear, I do enjoy looking at that pretty *Landscape thing* for the billionth time" (It's cool the first few times, but when you have seen it, you've seen it). And when I do want to see it again, I fly down there and awe in it's glory.
    3) Pretty sure I'd enjoy it more now than after a change. Probably because we're getting used to flying now. We're too deep in to retreat.

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,175
    I think it would be a sucky solution to a problem that doesn't exist to the majority of the playerbase. Blizz chose to make flying like swimming when they implemented it, it's too late to alter it now.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  6. #26
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    You will be more easily attacked? probably yes
    You will enjoy the map more? that's the point of this change
    You still think you prefer the game the way it is? no problem! we're here just to discuss, just tell us the reason


    It's intended, thanks anyway
    I enjoy the map from above anyway. The game is fine the way it is, if you dont want to use flying mounts you dont have to, dont force me to use ground mounts to get around or slow my journey from point A to point B.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    Not exactly.
    I get your point, but what I mean is

    - We have a huge world that feels tiny and empty,
    - That's because we have a way of travel that is simply too convenient.
    - The distances you have to travel nowadays are suited for the current model of flying mount.

    So when I ask something like this I assume that in the end, you will travel for the same amount of time to play, you just do less distance.

    You will be more easily attacked? probably yes
    You will enjoy the map more? that's the point of this change
    You still think you prefer the game the way it is? no problem! we're here just to discuss, just tell us the reason
    We have a huge world that feels pretty full nowadays, if we're focusing on current content. If you're just in one city the entire time sitting in a queue for the next dungeon, that's your problem.

    Travel being more convenient doesn't make the world feel tiny. It makes it easier to get to the parts of the world where you want to go. It's the content in the world that makes it feel tiny. If it's all condensed, then it's tiny. If it's spread out, it isn't.

    Pandaria was made for both ground and flying mounts. As was Northrend and Outland.

    I don't honestly believe for one second that getting rid of flying mounts will make us enjoy the map more. What it'll do is make flight paths the primary trans-zone travel system, which means we're spending less time in the game as much as alt-tabbed watching videos while we wait to automatically touch down.
    Last edited by The Mister Madgod; 2013-01-09 at 04:19 PM.

  8. #28
    Fluffy Kitten Dyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fording the Ox
    Posts
    1,298
    I enjoy the map plenty from above. ^_^

    Also thanks to CRZ, you can't seem to go more than 100 paces without getting ganked by a level 90 in the lower level zones, so I don't know about the world feeling empty either.

    No. If you were to have only ground mounts, then any future world would have to be much smaller with questing nodes much much closer together, with fewer mobs, and fewer resources. You'd also have less variety and scale in a zone.

    I love the feeling to be able to fly free, to be able to spiral my own way up a mountain or swoop into a gorge on my flying mount.

    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

  9. #29
    No, it wouldn't work.

    TBH, if I'm trying to get somewhere thats any further distance than the next zone across I normally just get on a flight point so I can go AFK or do something online etc.

  10. #30
    No thanks... it was annoying enough in Aion...

    Pokemon Y Friendcode, PM if you wanna add: 3797-7990-5163
    IGN: GLITCH

  11. #31
    I love how OP translates 90% NO!!!! to -> People don't want to "abandon" their flying mount so lets figure out a way to nerf them so they have to do it the way I want them to.

    No means No! 90% is pretty damned high amount of no, theres no need to translate it so that it fits your world view. Stop trying to force 90% of us to play your way.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    Poll: Could a Flying fatigue be the right solution?
    There is no problem to solve.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

  13. #33
    Terrible idea.

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    The closest real thing to a flying mount would be an aircraft. Those don't have fatigue issues either.
    Well in all honestly i did say If animal flying mounts actually existed. But in your case I'd say yea even airplanes "get fatigued" - it's called needing fuel. Airplanes, hueys - whatever all need fuel to stay airborn over time. Again - all this adds is realism - that to me sounds like no one wants in game.

  15. #35
    Blizzard goes so far as to nerf every little grind, make xyz take less time and make this and that shorter,instant teleports/summons/portals everywhere from everywhere, and you seriously expect that they will axe the usability of the fastest mounts in the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

  16. #36
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,818
    You can fly normally, but when flying, your mount will stack fatigue 'till the moment it's full. At this point it will start to (slowly) fall down and land.
    Then you have to wait until your mount gains enough fatigue.

    I think this change could bring back what Turalyon wants: (or what I think he wants) a world with a geography that matters.

    /discuss
    You can do what you want to your crappy PvP servers, but:

    LEAVE MY PVE OUT OF IT.

    The closest real thing to a flying mount would be an aircraft. Those don't have fatigue issues either.
    Actually they do:
    -They can run out of Gas
    -Parts can break down due to material fatigue

    That's why there are regular checkups and refills when landing

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  17. #37
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,485
    Wasn't it in Aion that wings only worked a certain amount of time? Ask yourself how popular that was....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  18. #38
    I don't honestly believe for one second that getting rid of flying mounts will make us enjoy the map more. What it'll do is make flight paths the primary trans-zone travel system, which means we're spending less time in the game as much as alt-tabbed watching videos while we wait to automatically touch down.
    This is the kind of response I'm asking for, not this:
    LOL don't fly if you don't want to
    I already do that, let's go over this and let's talk about why you think it's a good/bad idea, (or do not post if you can't express why, I'm not touching your game anyway)

    okay?
    "So long! And thanks for all the fish!"

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    We have a huge world that feels pretty full nowadays, if we're focusing on current content. If you're just in one city the entire time sitting in a queue for the next dungeon, that's your problem.

    Travel being too convenient doesn't make the world feel tiny. It makes it easier to get to the parts of the world where you want to go. It's the content in the world that makes it feel tiny. If it's all condensed, then it's tiny. If it's spread out, it isn't.

    Pandaria was made for both ground and flying. As was Northrend.

    I don't honestly believe for one second that getting rid of flying mounts will make us enjoy the map more. What it'll do is make flight paths the primary trans-zone travel system, which means we're spending less time in the game as much as alt-tabbed watching videos while we wait to automatically touch down.
    The "world" isn't full, it's just a few high level zones where people are forced to do mountains of dailies each day, so you see excessive numbers of people crammed into single zones.

    It's their fault the a vast majority of the game is done through placement systems that don't require you to do anything other than click a button?

    And travel being convenient does make the world feel small because you just fly really high and then auto "run" and go get your drink. There's no danger of being ganked, there's no interesting scenery because the game doesn't load half of the things on the ground. You don't experience those traveling vendors, the occasional open world PvP, or helping random people and making new friends.

    Do I think getting rid of flying mounts is the answer? No, but they do lower personal enjoyment of the game greatly all for simple convenience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

  20. #40
    the people who can't live without flying mounts also fast travel in skyrim. a game is nothing but a honey-do list that they like to check off. they like completing them, not doing them. they're the kid who never grows up and realizes that the best part of christmas was the buildup, the time between thanksgiving and xmas when you knew your presents were hidden somewhere in the house and it ate you alive

    that's the good part though. the journey is where the fun is. it's why they can't consume enough to make them happy these days because they fucking skip games for the achievements.

    this generation is a bunch of whiny fucks who want it all now and that's all they want. it's why gaming is so damn queer today. they're their own worst enemy and unfortunately they're everyone elses' enemy too
    Last edited by fizzbob; 2013-01-09 at 04:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •