View Poll Results: Could a Flying fatigue be the right solution?

Voters
328. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it could be

    54 16.46%
  • Don't think so

    276 84.15%
  • Maybe (explain)

    24 7.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Stop speaking for everyone, because you don't. Just because you fly up high and hit auto run while getting a drink does not mean that everyone does. I tend to fly just above the tree line and I enjoy the scenery just fine from above. You do not represent everyone, you only represent yourself. Everyone has their own preferred playstyle and who do you think you are trying to tell everyone else to play your way?

    If you don't like it then don't use your flying mount.
    Speaking for everyone? I find it obvious my statements are made of my opinion and my experiences. You're the only one assuming so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

  2. #62
    If they introduced something like the Stamina from Diablo 2, I wouldn't be too bothered by it.

    The difference is that when I reach maximum fatigue, I would fly slowly, not just drop out of the sky.

    For instance, what if I'm flying from Shadowmoon to Netherstorm and I run out in the middle of the Twisting Nether? Even with gliding, I'm not going to find a place to land.

    At least this way, you aren't given death, but rather a chance to fly slowly (40%?) to a safe place and rest.

    In order to balance this, it would require a new speed -

    450%

    Purchase this and your mount will be subjected to Fatigue. It will show up like a bar from when you do the Quilins in MSV. When the bar is full, your mount is fatigued and flys at 40% movement speed. Landing and resting for 20 sec removes this effect.

    Flight duration is capped at 60 sec intervals.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Here's an idea. Instead of removing flying mounts how about you people fly close to the ground. I do it all the time if i wanna enjoy the scenery. Fly below the tree line get all the view with the speed of flying and you can see horde easier to gank them.
    or just remove them. if they did something as trivial as giving people gold for every flying mount they had or converting some to land versions, people wouldn't do shit about it.

    that way you'd learn what enjoying the scenery means. it would put some hair on your chest

  4. #64
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,890
    aion is the #2 MMO of all time whether you like it, agree with it or not. take that fanboi shit out of here. i don't give a flying fuck about your feelings in this. it's reality. it's #2 and it didn't casualize the fuck out of everything like wow
    Did I hit a weak spot there, or why are you so aggressive?

    Yes AION was the #2. But for how long? Right until the people here realized what a horrible grind it was. That would be around lv. 35. Then they started to leave in droves and the game died down frighteningly quickly.

    How do I know that? Because I played it back in the day.

    Also bots were a HUGE problem, thats why they introduced the most ridiculous anti bot stuff...

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  5. #65
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Well in all honestly i did say If animal flying mounts actually existed. But in your case I'd say yea even airplanes "get fatigued" - it's called needing fuel. Airplanes, hueys - whatever all need fuel to stay airborn over time. Again - all this adds is realism - that to me sounds like no one wants in game.
    No, they can be refuelled in midair.

  6. #66
    I'd love a solution to the flying mount problem, but blizzard will never change the way it works because the majority of players would hate it. The game and the players have changed, and there's absolutely no turning back now.

  7. #67
    Stood in the Fire Flalia4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    or just remove them. if they did something as trivial as giving people gold for every flying mount they had or converting some to land versions, people wouldn't do shit about it.

    that way you'd learn what enjoying the scenery means. it would put some hair on your chest
    Or just don't remove them because more people like them then don't. Go play star wars if you don't wanna fly around.

  8. #68
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,890
    it would put some hair on your chest
    Sorry, but I don't need a game to do that. I can do that in Real life, if I choose to.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    well, a 1-90 /who shows 100-150 people in sw/org at any given time on my server
    never seen more than 15 people in a zone
    but yeah, i guess you're right. with CRZ and adding up ALL the zones in wow, there are more people in the world

    but there are NEVER more people in any 1 zone so what the fuck does it matter? if bill and bob are in STV, how the fuck does that affect me anywhere outside of STV?

    it doesn't. when YOU are out and about, you aren't running into people like you did in vanilla. you might see their fucking shadow fly over though.......
    That's how the real world works, though. Cities are crowded, but ultimately there's more people spread out in the world. And really I think you're making a pretty big mountain out of a molehill in terms of the number of people you met and actually did stuff with in the old days. Sure I saw a lot more people walking about, but 90+% of them I just ignored. They didn't talk to me, I didn't talk to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    your game experience should be inconvenient. it's a game. it's a world. it's inconvenient for me that i can't piss right now where i'm sitting, but i deal

    you'd deal too
    That's bad game design.

    Games should be challenging... inconvenience for the sake of inconvenience (when it doesn't really make the world all that more challenging anyway) isn't healthy.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    what the hell does your reply have jack shit to do with anything? the idea damn sure didn't hurt anything. a grindy asian MMO is the #2 MMO of all time in both profit and subs. they didn't pander to casuals. they told casuals to blow them. and they still peaked over 4,000,000 subs.

    vanilla wow had no flying mounts. you ran a LOT. you didn't even get a mount until level 40 and it was slow as shit. no guild perks. and it did well.

    WHY? it attracted people who wanted to PLAY it.
    it's not nostalgia that wow had no flying mounts the first 2 years of existence, or that people didn't care, or that people HAD to be out in the world more so they were. it's just facts. the game changed a lot in BC.

    the memories most people have of vanilla/bc have nothing to do with the time they spent flying over the game or bypassing it.
    You're a very hostile person. Their point was the flying fatigue aspect in Aion was not something everyone enjoyed. Just because the game itself was popular doesn't mean every idea in the game was gold. It has nothing to do with vanilla, Aion, Koreans or grinding, but rather that people don't like the fatigue aspect. You're really trying to make this into some sort of rose colored shades argument and I'm not really sure why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Well in all honestly i did say If animal flying mounts actually existed. But in your case I'd say yea even airplanes "get fatigued" - it's called needing fuel. Airplanes, hueys - whatever all need fuel to stay airborn over time. Again - all this adds is realism - that to me sounds like no one wants in game.
    If I want realism I just turn off my PC and stop playing WoW.
    I go outside - No sub fee, no lag, ultra HD graphics, PvP in some zones, very limited mounting capabilities, alot of guards and penalties on your character, boring daily quests.

  12. #72
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,679
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    2nd most popular MMO of all fucking time
    i'd say the 4-5 million it peaked at was pretty damn good. remove the fluff from wow that all the casuals log in for, like pokemon, and you end up with less than 4-5 million i bet
    ..and Aion global is at 2 million now. That is a drop of 50% (or more if your 5 million are correct). Not saying it is because of the flying, but the cooldown on the wings did always pop up in topics about what was not so great about Aion. Anyways, water under the bridge. I don't even know what you want to achieve with your "casual" remark. Considering that you probably only consider proper raiders as "non" casuals and we have 500 000 raiders in normal mode, you are not only implying all of them hate pet battles and flying mounts, you also suggest to remove features that the other 9.5 million like.

    Don't be surprised if Blizzard never choses you on their dev team....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    what the hell does your reply have jack shit to do with anything? the idea damn sure didn't hurt anything. a grindy asian MMO is the #2 MMO of all time in both profit and subs. they didn't pander to casuals. they told casuals to blow them. and they still peaked over 4,000,000 subs.

    vanilla wow had no flying mounts. you ran a LOT. you didn't even get a mount until level 40 and it was slow as shit. no guild perks. and it did well.

    WHY? it attracted people who wanted to PLAY it.
    it's not nostalgia that wow had no flying mounts the first 2 years of existence, or that people didn't care, or that people HAD to be out in the world more so they were. it's just facts. the game changed a lot in BC.

    the memories most people have of vanilla/bc have nothing to do with the time they spent flying over the game or bypassing it.
    It did WELL because people didn't know of anything different. They didn't KNOW we would ever get flying mounts, perks, easier access to ground mounts, etc.

    You ran around because you had to, and yes you had fun while doing so (not all the time), and please don't insinuate that running around somehow was everyone's favorite thing to do and it wasn't a negative aspect to the game.
    Last edited by Stormtrooperz; 2013-01-09 at 05:07 PM.

  14. #74
    "I don't like flying mounts, so we should get rid of them."

    "No."

    "But you will enjoy the scenery!"

    "I enjoy the scenery just fine, how about you just use your ground mount and leave my flying mount alone?"

    "But I want everyone to be forced to use the ground mount."

    "Why?"

    *crickets chirp*

  15. #75
    Stood in the Fire Flalia4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    "I don't like flying mounts, so we should get rid of them."

    "No."

    "But you will enjoy the scenery!"

    "I enjoy the scenery just fine, how about you just use your ground mount and leave my flying mount alone?"

    "But I want everyone to be forced to use the ground mount."

    "Why?"

    *crickets chirp*
    they just use a strawman. they just tell you you'll enjoy the scenery again instead of *crickets chirp*

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    - The distances you have to travel nowadays are suited for the current model of flying mount.
    False, Old Azeroth is way bigger than Pandaria. I remember having to run up and down the old Barrens, so don't tell me that they created big zones now because they assume that you are going to be flying.

    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx
    No, but they do lower personal enjoyment of the game greatly all for simple convenience.
    Thanks for telling me how should I enjoy the game.
    Last edited by FenrisUy; 2013-01-09 at 05:16 PM.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    If you want the world to be "full" in your sense, it would require more people. However whenever I'm out and about I see people. People hang out in the halfhill market. I see people running around questing or doing their dailies, moreso than I see people just sitting around two moons doing nothing. I'd say that's a good enough reason to say that the world's full. There are way more people out in the world than in the city.

    What you're asking isn't for the world to be larger. You want people to be more wary and in danger. In reality, all hubs have a flight path, so really your point is fairly moot, since you can go the majority of your journey and be completely safe from ganking and the like. On top of that, flying allows for the multi-tiered zone mapping that Blizzard has used, which allows for parts of the world to be mainly for endgame players, while still allowing the zone to be used for leveling as well. Sure, you can use taxis to the same effect, but those are boring. That's why we got flying mounts in the first place... because players like to have control. And if you can't see interesting scenery when in the air, you'd do better to get a better video card or fly lower, than try and get flying mounts removed... there's plenty of beautiful scenery you can see from the skies. If you choose to ignore it, that's your business. I don't, though.

    By the way, you see traveling vendors just fine from the sky, you just can't be flying near the height cap. You can absolutely help others and make new friends while still having your flying mount. Ultimately, this is obviously your opinion, and if they really lower your enjoyment of the game (they certainly don't for me. They add to it.), then you can just take them off your hotbar and only use them when you need to. Nobody's stopping you.
    I'm not saying there's no one around in the world, but once again you're not talking about the world, but rather a continent with current content. Granted leveling zones just don't hold interest like they used to, I just feel it takes away from the overall aesthetic aspect of the game when you can't see anything but the tops of trees and some weird ass distance fog. And I'm not really asking for anything, just simply stating my woes with flying mounts. I also didn't say I wanted people in danger, I just want people to be more than clouds. Alongside that, I want to point out that the flight paths take you to cities and towns, but everything isn't located in a city or town. You just said that there's all sorts of people in the world yourself, so I don't understand what your point is. I also said nothing of the tiered zones, but you could still ride up that hill on the side to get to the top or even use higher level mobs to deter people away. Following that, I don't see how flying mounts are much more exciting than Taxis. You also can't really say we got flying mounts because we like control. Come on now, we got flying mounts because everyone though "WAIT I CAN FLY ON A DRAGON NOW TOO?!" when they tossed out the idea. Moving on to the better video card, I can't really say this has anything to do with my card and everything to do with the game. It's just the way the game loads up items in the distance. And at the end of this I feel the need to remind you that I am, once again, not advocating the removal of flying mounts. I am just stating that I find that they take away from aspects of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    your game experience should be inconvenient. it's a game. it's a world. it's inconvenient for me that i can't piss right now where i'm sitting, but i deal

    you'd deal too
    It's a GAME. Not a world. A game. I need to run around in the backround of your screen because you're nostalgic for a crappier time in the game. If they remove flying mounts your precious "full world" will empty right the hell out because people will unsub. I certainly will.

  19. #79
    Why is it players like the OP want to force others into exploring? If it's something you want to do then, uhm, go and do it? Nobody is forcing you to use a flying mount.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrisUy View Post
    False, Old Azeroth is way bigger than Pandaria. I remember having to run up and down the old Barrens, so don't tell me that they created big zones now because they assume that you are going to be flying.
    Its not about distance, its about the paths you have to use to get from one zone to another. In order to get to Tai Long Steppes or Dread Wastes you have to use the serpents spine, which the only way to get to the top of is in Kun Lai Summit. To go from Jade Forest to Dread Waste you have to go from Jade to 4 winds up the misty stair case, through the boat tunnel into Kun Lai over to the Sha infested town up on the wall and down the edge of Golden, down the edge of 4 winds and off the wall into dread wastes. The gate from Golden is in the north so you would have to go through Kun Lai to go anywhere, god forbid you should have to go all the way from there down to karasang wilds on mount.

    The dragons spine is littered with aggro and places where faction guards will flag you for PVP on PVE servers. Some of those towers are held by alliance and horde for purposes of flight points.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •