View Poll Results: Could a Flying fatigue be the right solution?

Voters
328. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it could be

    54 16.46%
  • Don't think so

    276 84.15%
  • Maybe (explain)

    24 7.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    As much as I feel flying mounts make the world feel smaller, I still don't want them gone. And if you put fatigue on a flying mount, it would just end up being annoying IMO.

    "Come on... I only need to get over one...more...mountain range! NNNNOooooooooo..." *Gets stuck in a crude pit in a cross-zone mountain range*
    Last edited by NatureDrake; 2013-01-09 at 05:20 PM.
    "Not one moment for granted". - Steve Cortez

    Currently playing World of Warcraft and the Mass Effect trilogy. Not at the same time, of course. I'm not an octopus.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    From the poll that High General Turalyon made about Flying mounts (link) it's pretty clear that people don't want to abandon their flying mounts.
    Now I ask this:

    What could be your reaction if Blizzard introduces a "Flying Fatigue"?

    Explain:
    You can fly normally, but when flying, your mount will stack fatigue 'till the moment it's full. At this point it will start to (slowly) fall down and land.
    Then you have to wait until your mount gains enough fatigue.

    I think this change could bring back what Turalyon wants: (or what I think he wants) a world with a geography that matters.

    /discuss
    Good job for the copy of my idea from the blizz forums, very creative!

  3. #83
    Pandaren Monk Viscoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In a hole in the bottom of Sy's shoe
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    or just remove them. if they did something as trivial as giving people gold for every flying mount they had or converting some to land versions, people wouldn't do shit about it.

    that way you'd learn what enjoying the scenery means. it would put some hair on your chest
    I enjoy the scenery when I'm in the mood to enjoy it. I'll hop on my flying mount and sit in a tree and look down and take screenshots of the beautiful art that the Blizzard artists have poured their heart into. I respect their work, as an artist myself. I don't mind that in every new expansion you're grounded until level cap; it kind of got annoying on my squishy mage but invisibility's a great cooldown.

    That said, if they "did something as trivial as giving people gold for every flying mount they had or converting some to land versions" I'd be pissed off. I'm also a mount collector - 195 of them on my main - and a majority are flying mounts, and those flying mounts took a hell of a lot of time and effort for me to collect. Rep grinding, soloing dungeons, hating tanks who are like "lolol look at what you farmed for a year and I just got it out of a bag"... it's all part of it. And if you think that Blizzard would just snap their fingers and take that all away from me, and the many, many other people who collect mounts, and that we wouldn't be INCREDIBLY angry, you're wrong.

    And look at all the development time gone into flying - not just the mounts themselves, who have different visual and audio effects when moving left, right, up, down, idling in the air, moving forward from being idle in the air, idling on the ground, and mount specials - they design the scenery to be seen from above. If they really put all their heart and soul into ground scenery and none into aerial, then buildings wouldn't have roofs. But they do. Because you can make something visually appealing from all angles, and if you do, then you're a damn good artist.

    And I can say this without a doubt, because I love flying for the sake of flying. Many a time I'll hop on my druid and go into bird form and spend hours just flying all over the old world, looping through trees and around buildings, and just perching on places and looking around me. It's fun to fly. It's fun to use flying to see the world, just as fun as it is to use ground mounts to do the same.

    There's nothing stopping you from enjoying the game on flying mounts. Don't be silly. And the best part is, when you don't want to stop and smell the roses, you can just go fast to your destination. I know I'd hate archaeology if I couldn't fly. Some of those places are just WAY out of the way. Townlong Steppes has like five flight points and they're all centered in the same spot - can you imagine going to fight the Pandaren Spirit Tamer there? Or doing Niuzao's dailies? It would take an hour to get there from the Vale. It'd be unbearable.
    Wildstar: Fuzzy wuzzy wevel fifty clawy-pants Aurin Stalker!
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby
    Avatar by Kyoht.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    I'm not saying there's no one around in the world, but once again you're not talking about the world, but rather a continent with current content. Granted leveling zones just don't hold interest like they used to, I just feel it takes away from the overall aesthetic aspect of the game when you can't see anything but the tops of trees and some weird ass distance fog. And I'm not really asking for anything, just simply stating my woes with flying mounts. I also didn't say I wanted people in danger, I just want people to be more than clouds. Alongside that, I want to point out that the flight paths take you to cities and towns, but everything isn't located in a city or town. You just said that there's all sorts of people in the world yourself, so I don't understand what your point is. I also said nothing of the tiered zones, but you could still ride up that hill on the side to get to the top or even use higher level mobs to deter people away. Following that, I don't see how flying mounts are much more exciting than Taxis. You also can't really say we got flying mounts because we like control. Come on now, we got flying mounts because everyone though "WAIT I CAN FLY ON A DRAGON NOW TOO?!" when they toss out the idea. Moving on to the better video card, I can't really say this has anything to do with my card and everything to do with the game. It's just the way the game loads up items in the distance. And at the end of this I feel the need to remind you that I am, once again, not advocating the removal of flying mounts. I am just stating that I find that they take away from aspects of the game.
    The only real piece you've said that I haven't really commented on is that Blizzard gave us flying mounts because they thought flying mounts were the next step in transport. We didn't get it because we were spoiled immature brats. Remember, this is TBC. The spoiled immature brats phase was supposed to be after that.

    And I've never had an issue with being able to enjoy the scenery from a flying mount, so obviously you're doing something different than I am.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    I'm not saying there's no one around in the world, but once again you're not talking about the world, but rather a continent with current content. Granted leveling zones just don't hold interest like they used to, I just feel it takes away from the overall aesthetic aspect of the game when you can't see anything but the tops of trees and some weird ass distance fog. And I'm not really asking for anything, just simply stating my woes with flying mounts. I also didn't say I wanted people in danger, I just want people to be more than clouds. Alongside that, I want to point out that the flight paths take you to cities and towns, but everything isn't located in a city or town. You just said that there's all sorts of people in the world yourself, so I don't understand what your point is. I also said nothing of the tiered zones, but you could still ride up that hill on the side to get to the top or even use higher level mobs to deter people away. Following that, I don't see how flying mounts are much more exciting than Taxis. You also can't really say we got flying mounts because we like control. Come on now, we got flying mounts because everyone though "WAIT I CAN FLY ON A DRAGON NOW TOO?!" when they tossed out the idea. Moving on to the better video card, I can't really say this has anything to do with my card and everything to do with the game. It's just the way the game loads up items in the distance. And at the end of this I feel the need to remind you that I am, once again, not advocating the removal of flying mounts. I am just stating that I find that they take away from aspects of the game.
    Sounds like your problems would be solved by not using the flight mount, so don't. Stop trying to solve a problem I don't have.

    Besides, where are you getting this cloud view? How far up are you really flying? You know if you want you can fly low near the ground like I do, you should be forced to do that so you can be forced to enjoy the game like I do. I really deep down don't care who enjoys the game for what reason but forcing someone to fly low to the ground sounds like it could make everyone enjoy the game like I do.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 05:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    The only real piece you've said that I haven't really commented on is that Blizzard gave us flying mounts because they thought flying mounts were the next step in transport. We didn't get it because we were spoiled immature brats. Remember, this is TBC. The spoiled immature brats phase was supposed to be after that.

    And I've never had an issue with being able to enjoy the scenery from a flying mount, so obviously you're doing something different than I am.
    The 90% that said 'No don't take away our flying mounts' are also the 90% that demanded adding flying mounts to begin with.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Sounds like your problems would be solved by not using the flight mount, so don't. Stop trying to solve a problem I don't have.

    Besides, where are you getting this cloud view? How far up are you really flying? You know if you want you can fly low near the ground like I do, you should be forced to do that so you can be forced to enjoy the game like I do. I really deep down don't care who enjoys the game for what reason but forcing someone to fly low to the ground sounds like it could make everyone enjoy the game like I do.
    As to imply I state my opinions for you or really even have a remote interest in you. Once again, I'm not trying to solve, fix, promote, remove, or otherwise change the game. I'm simply stating what I feel are the negative aspects of a flying mount. Your hostility is now something I shall disregard as you can't manage to understand people aren't you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

  7. #87
    Good job for the copy of my idea from the blizz forums, very creative!
    I wrote that with my little uncreative mind, no copy at all.
    Srsly.
    "So long! And thanks for all the fish!"

  8. #88
    I still havent heard anyone here who is trying to force everyone else to use a ground mount actually say that they are willing to voluntarily ride a ground mount even though they don't have to.

  9. #89
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,257
    I would love some sort of fatigue ON PVP REALMS. Or some sort of debuff that prevents you from mounting on a flying mount after battling a player.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    As to imply I state my opinions for you or really even have a remote interest in you. Once again, I'm not trying to solve, fix, promote, remove, or otherwise change the game. I'm simply stating what I feel are the negative aspects of a flying mount. Your hostility is now something I shall disregard as you can't manage to understand people aren't you.
    I wouldn't ignore him soley because he's RIGHT. A lot of the problems you have (especially relating to scenery) are pretty easy to fix, and it's not inherently the fault of the mount. If we flyers can enjoy the scenery and not just the tops of trees, then you can too.

    Shit, have you never even thought of actually flying BELOW the treeline? Bam.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    The only real piece you've said that I haven't really commented on is that Blizzard gave us flying mounts because they thought flying mounts were the next step in transport. We didn't get it because we were spoiled immature brats. Remember, this is TBC. The spoiled immature brats phase was supposed to be after that.

    And I've never had an issue with being able to enjoy the scenery from a flying mount, so obviously you're doing something different than I am.
    Truth be told, I don't think anyone outside of Blizzard knows the exact reason we got flying mounts, but it'll always be fun to guess. I never said I didn't enjoy the scenery, I just think flying mounts take away from them. I will say that there's been this extreme sense of entitlement in WoW since after BC, so I can see why you think that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

  12. #92
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,817
    And so if I prefer the view from the sky and not the crappy ground? What then? I get punished because you think it's a good idea for you?

    Piss off. You want to be on the dirt, I'm not stopping you. I want to be in the clouds, quit trying to stop me.

  13. #93
    Pandaren Monk Viscoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In a hole in the bottom of Sy's shoe
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Truth be told, I don't think anyone outside of Blizzard knows the exact reason we got flying mounts, but it'll always be fun to guess. I never said I didn't enjoy the scenery, I just think flying mounts take away from them. I will say that there's been this extreme sense of entitlement in WoW since after BC, so I can see why you think that.
    Did it ever occur to you that with the inclusion of flying mounts, some scenery is made to be beautiful from all levels of height?
    Wildstar: Fuzzy wuzzy wevel fifty clawy-pants Aurin Stalker!
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby
    Avatar by Kyoht.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Truth be told, I don't think anyone outside of Blizzard knows the exact reason we got flying mounts, but it'll always be fun to guess. I never said I didn't enjoy the scenery, I just think flying mounts take away from them. I will say that there's been this extreme sense of entitlement in WoW since after BC, so I can see why you think that.
    You mean since BC.

    Fatigue is not a solution to the problem because no problem exists in the first place.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I wouldn't ignore him soley because he's RIGHT. A lot of the problems you have (especially relating to scenery) are pretty easy to fix, and it's not inherently the fault of the mount. If we flyers can enjoy the scenery and not just the tops of trees, then you can too.
    The attitude and the overly excessive is the problem, but once again, I'm not saying that mounts should be removed or that I don't enjoy them, but I'm just simply pointing out what I think it takes away from. I'm not sure why there are so many people at my throat about the entire deal. It's not like this is some sort of debate in front of a judicial court that'll change the world. It's nothing more than a simple conversation and I'm playing devil's advocate and pointing out what I find to be detrimental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    As to imply I state my opinions for you or really even have a remote interest in you. Once again, I'm not trying to solve, fix, promote, remove, or otherwise change the game. I'm simply stating what I feel are the negative aspects of a flying mount. Your hostility is now something I shall disregard as you can't manage to understand people aren't you.
    I don't know where you are getting 'my hostility' from, as this is a text based forum and any emotion that you find in my posts are placed there by your own mind. Perhaps if you look in the saddle bags of your ground mount you will find 'my hostility' there.

    Your 'opinions' become an interest to me when you decide that forcing everyone else to adhere to your opinions would be a good ideal. When your opinion would effect everyone then it would effect me. You don't get to blather your opinion on a forum and hide behind a shield of 'opinion' without some one calling you out on it.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Truth be told, I don't think anyone outside of Blizzard knows the exact reason we got flying mounts, but it'll always be fun to guess. I never said I didn't enjoy the scenery, I just think flying mounts take away from them. I will say that there's been this extreme sense of entitlement in WoW since after BC, so I can see why you think that.
    Again though, why? Why is it that flying INHERENTLY takes away from the scenery, when you can fly at any elevation from just right above the ground (which makes little difference when comparing to ground mounts) to high in the sky, where you can see vast tracks of land, from rolling green hills to majestic snow-capped mountains. What makes it inherently worse off than being PURELY on the ground?

    I've never seen anyone be able to answer that question.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Its not about distance, its about the paths you have to use to get from one zone to another. In order to get to Tai Long Steppes or Dread Wastes you have to use the serpents spine, which the only way to get to the top of is in Kun Lai Summit. To go from Jade Forest to Dread Waste you have to go from Jade to 4 winds up the misty stair case, through the boat tunnel into Kun Lai over to the Sha infested town up on the wall and down the edge of Golden, down the edge of 4 winds and off the wall into dread wastes. The gate from Golden is in the north so you would have to go through Kun Lai to go anywhere, god forbid you should have to go all the way from there down to karasang wilds on mount.

    The dragons spine is littered with aggro and places where faction guards will flag you for PVP on PVE servers. Some of those towers are held by alliance and horde for purposes of flight points.
    Are you in Desolance and want to go to Thunder Bluff, thought luck, you have 2 options taxi or walk around half a continent.

    Were you in Blasted Lands and have to go raid MC, good luck with that, another half a continent run, that has you going east and west a fucking lot because there are a lot of mountains in the middle.

    Hell, were you farming in the Eastern Kingdoms and have to go raid AQ. Or doing some pvp on Silithus and have to go raid Naxx. See ya in half an hour.

  19. #99
    Frankly as far as Scenery goes theres a lot of scenery that you will never be able to see from a ground mount, like the snow capped backside of Kun Lai Summit where I go all the time to get Snow Lillys. Did you know there were fox kits out there, tigers prowling the snow and gigantic elite crabs on the tiny bit of shore before the ocean? Bet you would never of seen that Scenery with a ground mount huh? So yeah, there goes that whole 'enjoying the scenery' ideal.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't know where you are getting 'my hostility' from, as this is a text based forum and any emotion that you find in my posts are placed there by your own mind. Perhaps if you look in the saddle bags of your ground mount you will find 'my hostility' there.

    Your 'opinions' become an interest to me when you decide that forcing everyone else to adhere to your opinions would be a good ideal. When your opinion would effect everyone then it would effect me. You don't get to blather your opinion on a forum and hide behind a shield of 'opinion' without some one calling you out on it.
    I'm starting to think you just can't read. At any point have I said, "They need to remove flying mounts" or anything of that sort? Have I called for a petition to snub out the dastardly flying mounts? No, I haven't done anything of the sort. My "opinions" are about nothing but what I think flying mounts take away from the game. I have now said this several times and yet it's not quite clear to you. And the hostility comment is based on you apparently not reading half of my posts and just attacking me and making false claims about what I said.

    Here, I'll make a simple example for you.

    My Hummer guzzles gas.

    That doesn't mean we should get rid of Hummers, that just means that Hummers guzzle gas. Understand now?

    And no I don't actually drive a Hummer.
    Last edited by xxf2dxx; 2013-01-09 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •