Poll: Could a Flying fatigue be the right solution?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Flying mount fatigue

From the poll that High General Turalyon made about Flying mounts (link) it's pretty clear that people don't want to abandon their flying mounts.
    Now I ask this:

What could be your reaction if Blizzard introduces a "Flying Fatigue"?

Explain:
    You can fly normally, but when flying, your mount will stack fatigue 'till the moment it's full. At this point it will start to (slowly) fall down and land.
    Then you have to wait until your mount gains enough fatigue.

I think this change could bring back what Turalyon wants: (or what I think he wants) a world with a geography that matters.

/discuss
    "staph whinning kid if u dont like pvp go to a potato pve server so u can play against bots" -Armiger

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my opinion; Leave it alone.

However if they did introduce it I'd be pretty annoyed pretty hardcore.

It sounds more realistic to how an animal might behave if there was a such thing in reality as a 'flying mount'. But i don't think realism is what sells copies of wow.

Deleted
    Why change something that works?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudja View Post
    Why change something that works?
    Because people want to be forced rather controlled in terms of NOT flying when they themselves can do it without dragging other people whom enjoy it.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-01-09 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    Your poll is wrong, you can enter multiple values.

And leave the flying mounts alone. Go walk if you want, but I have little time to play and I'd like to actually PLAY instead of walk around or wait for a fatigue bar to fill (there is a reason why our chars don't have fatigue themselves, as RPGs used to have... running all the time...).

Deleted
    Which is rather stupid. IMO you see alot of the landscape while questing there 85-90.

I am fatigued by all these people who think just because they dislike something then they naturally speak for all 10 million subscribers.

Here's a suggestion, if you have an ideal which you think is amazing and everyone will love it then no one will and you should keep it to yourself.

Leave flying mounts alone. I don't want to have to wait for some stupid cooldown in order to get to places. If it was introduced from the start (like how it was for flight in Aion with your character) then I would deal with it, but to randomly introduce this to us after all this time having unimpeded flight is just annoying and would tick a lot of people off (myself included).
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    It sounds more realistic to how an animal might behave if there was a such thing in reality as a 'flying mount'. But i don't think realism is what sells copies of wow.
    But that's the thing, all animals behave that way. You'd technically want to do it to ground mounts as well, who tire faster than winged creatures, so it wouldn't change much anyway. Still, you're right, realism isn't really what WoW is about

Even if you only change it so that flying mounts only work for X minutes, it'll still be faster. You're only just making people pissed off because you don't like flying around for some reason.

That wouldn't solve anything. PvP concerns are over mounting right after rezzing or before the other guy can get to you, none of these scenarios would add fatigue quick enough to matter, and it'd only make flying extremely annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    From the poll that High General Turalyon made about Flying mounts (link) it's pretty clear that people don't want to abandon their flying mounts.
    Now I ask this:

What could be your reaction if Blizzard introduces a "Flying Fatigue"?

Explain:
    You can fly normally, but when flying, your mount will stack fatigue 'till the moment it's full. At this point it will start to (slowly) fall down and land.
    Then you have to wait until your mount gains enough fatigue.

I think this change could bring back what Turalyon wants: (or what I think he wants) a world with a geography that matters.

/discuss
    No thanks. If people dont want to use flying mounts they need to use some self-restraint and use ground mounts instead, and not force shit like this on the rest of the populace.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    The closest real thing to a flying mount would be an aircraft. Those don't have fatigue issues either.

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

I would feel crippled without my flying mount, the scenery is all fine and dandy, but after you have seen it several dozen times it becomes rather dull. If they would implement such an annoying gimmick I would use a flying route close to my destination fly there and fly back to the flightmaster and then use it to fly elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Axola View Post
    If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.
    Don't tell that to blizzard.. they seem to have a knack for taking perfectly fine things and then breaking them...So telling them flying is ok is asking for trouble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudja View Post
    Which is rather stupid. IMO you see alot of the landscape while questing there 85-90.
    Yeah, I felt that Jade Forest was a terrible zone when I levelled through it. I thought the quests were great (except for some of the concepts) but everywhere looked exactly the same. Just boring trees with the occasional Asian themed hut. You couldn't see anything that looked good because of the canopy.

When I hit 90 and went to do the Order of the Cloud Serpent dailies however, I thought the zone looked fantastic. The Asian themed towers poking up from the canopy, the massive temple, it looked great.

I understand this isn't true for a lot of zones, but the whole "flying mount means you don't get to enjoy the landscape" idea is a silly one.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    How much realism do you expect in wow? It's a Fantasy game, rules of real life dont apply.
    That's what he was saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    That's what he was saying...
    I misread, it's late here haha.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Why would my turbo copter get fatigue?

I think flying mounts are a bit weak as well (for a somewhat different reason), but it really does boil down to the idea that if you don't like a particular feature, you don't need to use it.

and why would a flying carpet get fatigued? what about the engineers flying machines, why would they get fatigued....or would they be except from this.

if you don't like to fly, don't. personally I am more interested in getting from where am I to where I want to be then any interesting geography or cool features that the designers might have put in (and remember I've already seen them due to not being able to use flying mounts till 90 (assuming we are talking about Pandaria)

And, being a long-time player the last thing I really want to do is ride across, oh I don't know say Hillsbrad Foothills again. I did it way back in 2005 while leveling (and continued to do so until they released flying in "the old world" ..... been there, seen it all, never want to do it again.