Poll: Could a Flying fatigue be the right solution?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    I'm not sure why there are so many people at my throat about the entire deal. ... I'm playing devil's advocate and pointing out what I find to be detrimental.
    Are you sure you don't know why so many people are at your throat?

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Again though, why? Why is it that flying INHERENTLY takes away from the scenery, when you can fly at any elevation from just right above the ground (which makes little difference when comparing to ground mounts) to high in the sky, where you can see vast tracks of land, from rolling green hills to majestic snow-capped mountains. What makes it inherently worse off than being PURELY on the ground?

I've never seen anyone be able to answer that question.
    Hey, is not like if we in the real world have people that likes to fly planes just to see the scenery of the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Again though, why? Why is it that flying INHERENTLY takes away from the scenery, when you can fly at any elevation from just right above the ground (which makes little difference when comparing to ground mounts) to high in the sky, where you can see vast tracks of land, from rolling green hills to majestic snow-capped mountains. What makes it inherently worse off than being PURELY on the ground?

I've never seen anyone be able to answer that question.
    Because they can't.

To answer that question with any validity would debase their entire standpoint.

It's not like you CAN'T fly low, and besides, who doesn't like riding atop a badass dragon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Want my flying mounts? Mολὼν λαβέ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Because they can't.

To answer that question with any validity would debase their entire standpoint.

It's not like you CAN'T fly low, and besides, who doesn't like riding atop a badass dragon?
    That's my exact point. If you don't like flying mounts, great, all the more power to you!... but don't lie to yourself and lie to people who are asking why you feel that way. If you can't think of a legitimate reason to dislike something then it's just bias brought on by something else (bandwagon, learned dislike, etc).

That's not to say that there aren't bad things about flying. I do think they detract from world PvP... but I don't think removing them will really make much of a difference. What WILL make more of a difference is to give incentive to PvP out in the world. I think it's a change in player philosophy, and one that is rather unfortunate. Flying mounts aren't what's killing it. It's the lack of incentive. Or perhaps it was a flawed concept to begin with. If people originally did it for fun, and it's no longer fun, despite being perfectly possible in certain areas where players congregate, then it may simply be a broken idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No, they can be refuelled in midair.
    ? um i know this ? but this does not take away their need for fuel. Also fueling in mid-air is tricky and might as well be seen as a "downtime" for the airplane.

I have no problem with not being able to air mount after fighting someone in PVP. If you get PVP flagged then you should not be able to air mount for the duration of the PVP flag (5 mins).

Making blanket rules that effect non-pvpers is no better than throwing the baby out with the bath water.

If you want to come onto a forum and play devils advocate and expect to hide behind an 'I'm entitled to my opinion' shield then expect someone else to state their opinion that your opinion sucks. Its the internet, man up and get use to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clicked all three options.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I have no problem with not being able to air mount after fighting someone in PVP. If you get PVP flagged then you should not be able to air mount for the duration of the PVP flag (5 mins).

Making blanket rules that effect non-pvpers is no better than throwing the baby out with the bath water.

If you want to come onto a forum and play devils advocate and expect to hide behind an 'I'm entitled to my opinion' shield then expect someone else to state their opinion that your opinion sucks. Its the internet, man up and get use to it.
    I don't even think that's necessary. Even on my VERY horde-slanted PvE server I've had several opportunities this expansion to enact some Player vs Player mayhem around Pandaria. I choose not to, because I'm not overly fond of PvP, but I absolutely had the ability to do so. If it has the posibility of happening on a PvE server, then if it doesn't on a PvP server, then I highly doubt flying mounts are responsible. I think a lot of people stigmatize them because they are an obvious way to avoid conflict, but I really think that it is based off of player psychology. It either is no longer fun, or not worth their time. Then the obvious things we get from THAT are that world PvP is an outdated concept, or it needs to have more incentive so that it IS worth people's time, so they're more inclined to start up a turf war (and enjoy it).

You can have your cake and eat it too. Back in TBC I did do a good bit of PvP, especially world PvP for those objectives, and you know why? Because it gave me a reason to do it. They were pretty active too, sometimes these battles could grow to 20 vs 20, or even more! I had a reason to jump off my flying mount... and while I had fun doing it, it was less fun than other things I could have been doing, which is why those objectives actually helped. I think that's what the PvP community needs... something to make them want to get off their mounts, rather than just taking away the mounts, which is a very sloppy way of fixing things.

My response to the poll question is, what are we trying to solve that this might be the solution? I didn't realize there was a problem that needed solving. Also, what about drafts and gliding? How long is "realistic" enough before fatigue starts to set in? I mean, this would "solve" nothing unless what you want to solve is that too few people are frustrated and annoyed by being able to get where they want to go in a timely, non annoying fashion (or in the fashion that they choose.)
    Last edited by Kagonos; 2013-01-09 at 06:27 PM. Reason: minor spelling
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Deleted
    I've been playing this game since a few months before the release of TBC and I'm scratching my head trying to remember the days of hordes of level capped players travelling around Azeroth exploring every nook and cranny. It just didn't happen. Before flying players would do what they have to do at level cap, mount up, and charge through the mobs to their next objective and once they were done in an area it was off to a flight master for an alt tab session back to a city. By far the majority of players don't really care to forced to slow down to enjoy the scenery when they have already seen it once while levelling. Exploring and enjoying the scenery was always a personal preference and not game aspect taken away and it's still very much in the game should that type of thing rock your boat. Taking away flying mounts isn't going to make us all go "Oh right this is what we were missing!".

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's funny how "limit flying mounts" polls usually end up looking like a huge middle finger lol
    this, this, and THIS. wasn't last poll enough?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Once an actual problem is found, then I might listen to these 'solutions'.

and THAT.

This thread isn't about getting us to enjoy the scenery, its just a smoke cloud. You can enjoy more scenery from the back of a flying mount than you can on a ground mount. This is about people who had the pleasure sensors in their brain stimulated in Vanilla wow when you had to ground pound everywhere and that stimulation wore off when they were unable to accept a change in the game. So they connect not flying with enjoyment because back when they enjoyed it they could not fly, thus that must be the missing ingredient to why they no longer enjoy the game. Nothing is stopping them from using a ground mount instead of a flying mount except that everyone else can use the flying mount and that disturbs their memory of how things use to be before the change that they did not adapt to.

Get off my lawn!!!

Deleted
    No, no, please no, this would be probably be as bad or probably even more worse than removing mounts. :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    From the poll that High General Turalyon made about Flying mounts (link) it's pretty clear that people don't want to abandon their flying mounts.
    Now I ask this:

What could be your reaction if Blizzard introduces a "Flying Fatigue"?

Explain:
    You can fly normally, but when flying, your mount will stack fatigue 'till the moment it's full. At this point it will start to (slowly) fall down and land.
    Then you have to wait until your mount gains enough fatigue.

I think this change could bring back what Turalyon wants: (or what I think he wants) a world with a geography that matters.

/discuss
    Never quite understood the people who cry that flying mounts ruin their experience. You honestly don't have to use flying for 90% of the game. There is only a handful of spots accessible only by flying mounts. Why take down all mounts when you yourself have no self control to exclusively use ground mounts. Blows my mind.

But if they were to add fatigue, would that make mechanical flying mounts superior to animal based mounts? Unless you call their "Fatigue" like "Refueling."

Either way, don't you dare touch my mounts.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    Never quite understood the people who cry that flying mounts ruin their experience. You honestly don't have to use flying for 90% of the game. There is only a handful of spots accessible only by flying mounts. Why take down all mounts when you yourself have no self control to exclusively use ground mounts. Blows my mind.

But if they were to add fatigue, would that make mechanical flying mounts superior to animal based mounts? Unless you call their "Fatigue" like "Refueling."

Because actually using a flying mount isn't what ruins their experience. Everyone else using a flying mount and flying where the need to be quickly and without hassle so they can do the parts of the game they enjoy ruins the experience. The people crying about flying mounts want the rest of us to play a crappier game so we can be backround characters in their screen while they level alts or 'explore'.

It's complete crap imo

Flying mount fatigue isn't the "solution" because there's no problem

I would probably find this pretty fun personally, but most people wouldn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    This wouldn't make much sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post

Basically this -> "When I was a kid we could only watch cartoons on Saturday, if I wanted to watch that specific cartoon again I had to wait months for the re-run and if I wanted to watch the show again I had to wait until the next Saturday. Now a days you can watch any cartoon when ever you want as many times as you want with On-Demand, 24 hour cartoon networks and DVD players!!! They should make a law that kids can only watch cartoons on Saturday so they can enjoy them like I use to. Now get that new fangled camera out of my face and get off my lawn ya young good for nothing punks!!!!" *shakes cane at you angrily.

It's amazing how similar the poll results are to that of the poll you originally quoted. It's as if all the people who didn't get their way with the first poll agreed with you and everyone who is happy with how things are chose the option that shows there isn't really a problem.

I'm so/so on this.

I think it's one of those can of worms that can't be closed again now that it's open.

Frankly, we need more zones where flight is required, like a netherstorm without the bridges, and more of a vertical layout.