View Poll Results: Could a Flying fatigue be the right solution?

Voters
328. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it could be

    54 16.46%
  • Don't think so

    276 84.15%
  • Maybe (explain)

    24 7.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    So these are the results.. personally I expected some difference with the first poll, but the evidence is that people get mad if you touch their comodities.

    FYI: The problem to me is: the world doesn't feel dangerous anymore

    In my mind travelling in a fantasy world should be a dangerous task to do, not a click in a map.
    I'd love if Blizzard changes something about your beloved flying mounts: I mean, I love to fly around but I loved more when places like STV were a very dangerous place to walk in.

    you met a "red guy" > john fucking madden > fun

    IMHO flying killed that because:

    you don't meet anyone > not fun

    Again, anyone remembers Isle of Quel Danas? You can't fly so you had to be careful of where you go/what you do.
    If world pvp has not a single incentive nowadays it's because now you are immune to that.
    I'd surely give you a solid incentive to do WPVP if you can't fly away from me :9

    (the pvp timer on the flying mounts could be a great idea for this)
    the game you posit doesn't sound like any fun at all to me. Again this is you, wanting my game to be crappier, so you can maybe sometimes meet a random person who 90% of the time you will just run past without engaging. Screw that. I meet plenty of people flying around, when I land at my destination to do the things I already HAVE to do on the ground. I run into people, ally and enemy, ALL THE TIME, doing archeology, which I use flying for 100% of the travel. Yes, I can escape from you, but that is your fault, sneak up, stun me. Don't let me root you and just run away and flight form.

  2. #142
    Introducing fatigue on flying mounts would really be unfair to people with only one flying mount.

  3. #143
    Limited flight time is the main reason I stopped playing Aion. Do the same thing to WoW, and I'll quit playing that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  4. #144
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    8,379
    We get Fatigue when we fly over place were not suppose too.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    FYI: The problem to me is: the world doesn't feel dangerous anymore
    Go play a different game.

    Seriously: In WoW you're a veteran-player who knows how to handle himself.
    - You're not gonna be threatened by mobs that are designed to be handled solo by noobs.
    - You're not gonna be threatened by those same noobs either.

    The world was dangerous when you were new. Now that you're experienced you know how to survive.

    It has nothing to do with flying mounts.

    If world pvp has not a single incentive nowadays it's because now you are immune to that.
    - Better rewards from Arena and (R)BGs.
    - Plenty of other, more rewarding activities available.
    Why bother with World-PvP?

    I'd surely give you a solid incentive to do WPVP if you can't fly away from me :9
    You mean you'd like to waste my time from more fun and rewarding activities.

    Why should I support you in that?

  6. #146
    Again this is you, wanting my game to be crappier, so you can maybe sometimes meet a random person who 90% of the time you will just run past without engaging.
    Absolutely not. I want the game to be fun for everyone. I'm just asking if you think that nerfing flying mount could improve the game in your opinion...
    You think it wouldn't and I'm okay with that.
    Why bother with World-PvP?
    Plain nostalgia, most of the fun I had with this game was doing reward-less wpvp with a crazy friend of mine, instead of levelling up.
    You mean you'd like to waste my time from more fun and rewarding activities.
    I could agree with you but... this is not a work, you already waste time playing, because it's a game.
    But if you think that doing WPVP is not fun then I have nothing to say.
    That's your opinion and that's what I want to know. Thanks for the feedback
    "So long! And thanks for all the fish!"

  7. #147
    [QUOTE=Motocarota;19787641]Absolutely not. I want the game to be fun for everyone. I'm just asking if you think that nerfing flying mount could improve the game in your opinion...
    You think it wouldn't and I'm okay with that.
    Plain nostalgia, most of the fun I had with this game was doing reward-less wpvp with a crazy friend of mine, instead of levelling up.

    I could agree with you but... this is not a work, you already waste time playing, because it's a game.
    But if you think that doing WPVP is not fun then I have nothing to say.
    That's your opinion and that's what I want to know. Thanks for the feedback
    But you prioritized your fun over his. You want to be able to have an impact on how HE plays his game. You want to be able to go and bother him and force him to interact with you and be forced to either PVP with you or die and have to skulk away instead of doing what he wants to do, which is fly to where he wants to be, play the parts of the game he enjoys, and do it quickly.

    And here's the thing, if WPVP is a problem on your server, you should seek to move, not ask if other people would be okay with making fun features of the game worse JUST so you can have an easier time ganking/harassing people. On my server, somehow, despite flying mounts, WPVP happens all the time.

  8. #148
    The Lightbringer shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,886
    That's a good idea actually, I'd go with it.

  9. #149
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    14,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    From the poll that High General Turalyon made about Flying mounts (link) it's pretty clear that people don't want to abandon their flying mounts.
    Now I ask this:

    What could be your reaction if Blizzard introduces a "Flying Fatigue"?

    Explain:
    You can fly normally, but when flying, your mount will stack fatigue 'till the moment it's full. At this point it will start to (slowly) fall down and land.
    Then you have to wait until your mount gains enough fatigue.

    I think this change could bring back what Turalyon wants: (or what I think he wants) a world with a geography that matters.

    /discuss
    I have 130+ mounts, about half of them are flyers... I have a long time to switch mounts until I run into a problem..

  10. #150
    Stood in the Fire Lightswords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    366
    Short answer: No
    Long answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMgnJDXd3k

    Rise...with us

  11. #151
    Herald of the Titans FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightswords View Post
    Short answer: No
    Long answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMgnJDXd3k
    Love that movie.. It's on Danish TV3 right now...

  12. #152
    Mechagnome Sarthan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Here's my opinion; Leave it alone.

    However if they did introduce it I'd be pretty annoyed pretty hardcore.

    Apathy have you ever joined a thread and posted something positive? lol

  13. #153
    But you prioritized your fun over his. You want to be able to have an impact on how HE plays his game. You want to be able to go and bother him and force him to interact with you and be forced to either PVP with you or die and have to skulk away instead of doing what he wants to do, which is fly to where he wants to be, play the parts of the game he enjoys, and do it quickly.

    And here's the thing, if WPVP is a problem on your server, you should seek to move, not ask if other people would be okay with making fun features of the game worse JUST so you can have an easier time ganking/harassing people. On my server, somehow, despite flying mounts, WPVP happens all the time.
    No seriously. Now read again what I wrote:
    I want the game to be fun for everyone. I'm just asking if you think that nerfing flying mount could improve the game in your opinion...
    You said that I prioritized my fun over his because "You want to be able to have an impact on how HE plays his game. You want to be able to go and bother him and force him to interact with you"
    But that's not true because I want even the opposite: I want others to be able to have an impact on how I play my game. I want others to be able to go and bother me and force me to interact with them.

    Because it's a fun way to play a multiplayer game.
    We are enemies in that game. We play the war(craft)...

    Furthermore people that log in just to fast-collect currencies and gear are ignoring a huge potential of the game.

    But again: this is only my modest opinion, you have yours, and other players have their own... and I just want to know them, maybe I'm the only one playing the game in the 'wrong' way, who knows...
    Last edited by Motocarota; 2013-01-12 at 11:14 AM.
    "So long! And thanks for all the fish!"

  14. #154
    Dreadlord Jawless Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The last place you look
    Posts
    939
    leave flying mounts alone ffs

    just coz certain people want to restrict themselves doesnt mean everyone else should be restricted as well... arrogant pricks

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 12:17 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    No seriously. Now read again what I wrote:


    You said that I prioritized my fun over his because "You want to be able to have an impact on how HE plays his game. You want to be able to go and bother him and force him to interact with you"
    But that's not true because I want even the opposite: I want others to be able to have an impact on how I play my game. I want others to be able to go and bother me and force me to interact with them.

    Because it's a fun way to play a multiplayer game.
    We are enemies in that game. We play the war(craft)...

    Furthermore people that log in just to fast-collect currencies and gear are ignoring a huge potential of the game.

    But again: this is only my modest opinion, you have yours, and other players have their own... and I just want to know them, maybe I'm the only one playing the game in the 'wrong' way, who knows...
    all im reading is "i want to grief people who are minding their own business"
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2013-01-12 at 11:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

  15. #155
    just coz certain people want to restrict themselves doesnt mean everyone else should be restricted as well... arrogant pricks
    Obviously it's a restriction that must be applied to both the sides or it's not effective.
    You don't agree? Okay
    You say I'm an 'arrogant prick' because I asked your opinion? Well... this is quite stupid, no offense.
    all im reading is "i want to grief people who are minding their own business"
    I'm sorry for you.
    Last edited by Motocarota; 2013-01-12 at 11:30 AM.
    "So long! And thanks for all the fish!"

  16. #156
    if you dont like the flying mounts and all that, dont use it.. dont let it go out over us that likes to not run the whole way, and tbh love flying around..
    My SoundCloud.
    Take a look and comment!

  17. #157
    The "right solution?" Sorry if I come across as an ass, but...

    In order for a "right solution" to exist, there needs to be a problem. There's none.
    HEAVIEST: 361 lbs.
    CURRENT: 257.6 lbs.
    GOAL: Healthy 185 by end of 2014.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •