Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Monks Getting What Rogues Want

This is just something scratching at the back of my head. But for as long as i can remember Rogues have been asking to at least have the option of having their weapons sheathed on their back. Now as i run and see Monks with 2 1h weapons with them both on their back. But if a Rogue had those weapons they would be on their sids. It is only cosmetic and has absolutely zero impact on gameplay i know, but why would Monks get this, and not Rogues, or even a glyph for Rogues?

I think it should be a toggled option available for all classes that apply.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Monk use their fists/legs as their weapon. Thus having metal things clinging to your hips would cause issues kicking..etc. Rogue are assassins who use many types of weapons, and one of the main ones would be daggers which are small, and would look goofy on the back!

Honestly the back thing doesn't make much sense for us. The two main reasons to put a weapon on your back (to me) seem to be to keep them out of the way or because it is too large. If its a reasonable sized weapon that needs to be readily accessible as your main way to defend yourself, having it on your waist is the far more logical choice.

And really when I clicked on this thread, that was the last thing I thought this might be about... all the stuff rogues have been asking for that other classes (including monks) got and you are complaining about where a portion of our weapons get sheathed?

10+ Year Old Account
    If a weapon on your hips is good enough for Altair in the first Assassins Creed, and good enough for whatever the character is called in the later ones, it's good enough for you!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I mean I guess they could just make a minor glyph for something like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    Monk use their fists/legs as their weapon. Thus having metal things clinging to your hips would cause issues kicking..etc. Rogue are assassins who use many types of weapons, and one of the main ones would be daggers which are small, and would look goofy on the back!
    Yes for daggers. But what about swords, axes or maces?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=23540#comments

Just mog those weapons if you want them on your back (i have no idea for daggers). There are also axes from icc that are on your back.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Yep the pokemons got it all, new class, op, new tree made for them, and best part that a 8 year old class like us, never has, not even now the system that combo points stick to you not the target, yesssssssssss

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the daggers from zul because they're large and just so happen to not mind them on my back. in the monks case, i was seriously pissed when then put all of our 1hs on our backs and didn't give us the option to choose. now I am limited to using a 2h or fists if I want aesthetically pleasing. pandas look hilariously bad with little weapons on their bulging backs IMO.

but yeah like others have said there's fel edged battleaxe, the zul daggers and others too i would imagine.

Not to mention the fact that it looks absolutely retarded on monks, so much so that I wish I had a glyph to change it back to normal.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Somehow I wish they put daggers not on the back nor on the hips but somewhere else: like on the shoulders or something. Obviously it'd be an option and would only work visually with some but not all daggers. Remember T3/T7? There are small daggers, like throwing knives, inserted into the spaulders: that looks assassin-y.

As for Axes and Swords, they do look much better on the back imo. Just take Saurfang's sword or Anub'arak's axe: they loock wicked cool on a monk. Maces however shouldn't sheath on the back, looks retarded indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    I disagree...allowing you to sheath daggers on the small of the back would look sick with the right daggers.

Posting in a thread that should have been about our stolen ninja roll.

currently i dont think daggers should be on the hips like a 1 handed sword to a shield or a long 1 hander sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Posting in a thread that should have been about our stolen ninja roll.
    Omg not you too... hope that was sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferato View Post
    currently i dont think daggers should be on the hips like a 1 handed sword to a shield or a long 1 hander sword.
    Why not? Things sheathed/holstered on your hip are the fastest to access. Also putting something small sheathed in the center of your back is just dumb because it would be slow/annoying to grab. Now you could do something like shoulder height on your back, but thats kind of silly also because your hands are up in the air when you draw them (also unless you for some reason had your hands in the air already, going to be slower to draw).

Deleted
    A lot of what monks have would have been cool to have been added across rogue specs to give the class more flavour but eh.

Sheathing of weapons ain't the biggest deal =p

I thought this was going to be a thread about how Roll and Grapple weapon make a hell of a lot more since for a thief class than a monk.

Funny enough, I was actually rather depressed about the weapon sheathing thing the other day, but not for my rogue characters.
    The upside down polearms look much nicer on a character's back than the right-side up ones, as do many staves. Also, the polearms/staves lean the opposite direction, which would solve the clipping issue that normal staves have with the Mantle of the Avatar wings I use on my priest's transmog.

Someone mentioned Thistle Tea in one of the posts and it came to me, they practically gave that to monks as well...

Nothing more hilarious than seeing Monks with weapons on their backs that are never used. They look like clowns.