Legendary Sha-touched Gems swappable ?

Hi all,

Very long time reader of mmo-champ , 1st time poster...

Anyone know about the Legendary Gems and if it is truly possible to buy a replacement one ?

I have the strength one in my bags waiting for the 2h mace (Pally)..

But I now have switched to healing I have the "[Kri'tak, Imperial Scepter of the Swarm]" and would rather like an int Gem.

Is there anyway to get around this? i have read somewhere that the "Commander Oxheart" in the Niuzao Temple sells them but i dont see it..

Many Thanks

AB

Talk to Wrathion, there is an option to request another gem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Commander Oxheart, the VP Quartermaster at Niuzao Temple, should have em on the last two pages. (at least he did for me, the last time I checked it)
    It's best to get it from him, as Wrathion will ask for the full 10k for another sha-touched gem, while you get the guild perk bonus when buying it from Command Oxheart (9k instead of 10k)
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

He doesn't have it, I wonder if its because my Strength gem is in my bags and not used..

... Yep thats exactly what it was.. Thankyou all..

Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    Talk to Wrathion, there is an option to request another gem.
    Actually, they are now sold by the Valor Point QM, along with also the extra socket from the 5.1 questline.

Still the same price, but because they are on a vendor, guild perk to lower cost kicks in. So it's only 9000g for a new gem. And it's 2500 (base price) for the socket, 2250 with guild perk. And yes, you have to finish the quest to see them there.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 11:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebenfica View Post
    He doesn't have it, I wonder if its because my Strength gem is in my bags and not used..
    No bearing, cause the gem is only Unique-Equipped, not Unique. It means you can't use more than 1 at a time equipped on your character.

Possibly try changing the item filter to "All" in the vendor list, if it isn't showing. Additionally, if you are on EU realms, you will need to wait for rolling restarts. It only just showed up on US ones after we had the restarts yesterday.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2013-01-09 at 04:18 PM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Actually, they are now sold by the Valor Point QM, along with also the extra socket from the 5.1 questline.

Still the same price, but because they are on a vendor, guild perk to lower cost kicks in. So it's only 9000g for a new gem. And it's 2500 (base price) for the socket, 2250 with guild perk. And yes, you have to finish the quest to see them there.

Possibly try changing the item filter to "All" in the vendor list.

No bearing, cause the gem is only Unique-Equipped, not Unique. It means you can't use more than 1 at a time equipped on your character.
    I destroyed my Strength gem and his dialogue changed.. So i can now purchase one, heading to Niuzao temple now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post

Possibly try changing the item filter to "All" in the vendor list.

I destroyed my Strength gem and his dialogue changed..

I am EU, so checking in Nuizao now as they didnt have it before, guess i can wait until restarts.

It's all fixed now, got it from Valor Point QM on EU and it was there after i destroyed the Strength one. Thanks again.

Just to clarify, buying a new one does not destroy the old one, correct? As in you have 2 weapons for different specs (ex. 2H axe for Blood tanks, 1h sword for DW frost) and you are able to have a gem in each?