Thread: Computer issues

Computer issues

Hello MMOChamps!

Recently, I've tried getting back into WoW, as well as Diablo, and my computer decided to dislike both games. When I start playing either game, after 10-20 minutes, my entire computer just crashes. The screen goes black, but you can still hear the hard drives running. Should I try and upgrade some of the parts, or should I try just building a new computer? It's about 4 years old and I've cleaned it several times, but it doesn't seem to help any. It could be an overheating issue, as the tower sits in a small cubby in my desk, but honestly, there's not really another place I could put it. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Could be the PSU or a dead/overheating gpu. If you have the option to try your graphics card in a proper working pc, do it. What else you can try is to try a different psu in your system.

i bought Diablo 2 for like 10 euros and,when i wanted to install it i tiped 16 character pass and it said it wasnt right and that it had to be 26 characters but on my CD case the code only has 16! And i bought it from a shop that sells computers and i know that shop is very good and they are not the problem..

HELP ME PLS!
    Last edited by kosta023; 2013-01-10 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosta023 View Post
    i bought Diablo 2 for like 10 euros and,when i wanted to install it i tiped 16 character pass and it said it wasnt right and that it had to be 26 characters but on my CD case the code only has 16! And i bought it from a shop that sells computers and i know that shop is very good and they are not the problem..

HELP ME PLS!
    This isn't the place to complain about this.

OT: Try updating your graphics card, but if that doesn't do it my bet is an overheating issue. I say that because you are able to play the game for a while and then it stops. Try downloading a small program like coreTemp to monitor the temps and then you can hopefully narrow down what the issue is.

I plan on building my own computer within the next 1-2 years anyways. Would it be wise to try ordering the graphics card first, and trying it in my current computer to see if that's the issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by vaidela View Post
    I plan on building my own computer within the next 1-2 years anyways. Would it be wise to try ordering the graphics card first, and trying it in my current computer to see if that's the issue?
    4 year old computer is more than likely only supports PCI express while like most all of the current cards are PCI express 2.0. How hot has the card been getting there are free GPU temp monitors online if you aren't sure how to check it.

It depends, what games are you going to play and are you willing to spend that money now for a gpu?

Keep in mind down the road could be something better that you can get with all your other computer parts.

Haven't actually checked the temperature with a program, but when my hand is on my mouse I can feel the heat coming from where the tower sits.
    I don't seem to have the crashing problem if I run WoW with no addons and low graphics, but I still have it with Diablo 3 on low graphics.