Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Sorry friend, this might as well be botting unless you are a disabled gamer.
    I have slight carpel tunnel in my right hand, and it hurts a bit, so I s'pose that may be another reason I find it annoying. Some nights it's ok. Some not. Also, when I use the mouse excessively, I tend to get a bit of shake. >sigh< getting older...

I've been using computers since the zx81, so my muscles in my wrists have held up to quite a bit of abuse.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-01-11 at 08:07 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I have slight carpel tunnel in my right hand, and it hurts a bit, so I s'pose that may be another reason I find it annoying. Some nights it's ok. Some not. Also, when I use the mouse excessively, I tend to get a bit of shake. >sigh< getting older...

I've been using computers since the zx81, so my muscles in my wrists have held up to quite a bit of abuse.
    A much more understandable motivation then. People want to laugh, because it's not as life altering as a more major disability, but severe RSI's or Carpal Tunnel is actually a reason I would think it was ok to have less manual input in a game.

Botting was not an issue in vanilla rift, even with a larger playerbase, the stupidily slow rate of rep gain now and forced IA is what drives actual people to bot fish now, not gold sellers.
    Then 1 dungeon run = 3k rep
    Now 30 instant adventures = same rep
    Its terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Botting was not an issue in vanilla rift, even with a larger playerbase, the stupidily slow rate of rep gain now and forced IA is what drives actual people to bot fish now, not gold sellers.
    Then 1 dungeon run = 3k rep
    Now 30 instant adventures = same rep
    Its terrible.
    I have to agree. The rate of rep gain in SL is incredibly slow. I play way too much as it is (at least several hours every day) and I can't see getting to max rep with the five major factions until some time next summer. It will take so long that I'm just not going to bother, and I will NEVER do it on my alts too. I definitely see the appeal of bot fishing.
    Last edited by Grumblerot; 2013-01-13 at 01:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post

You need to an ergonomic evaluation to see what you can do to improve that. It's probably posture and possible change of mouse/keyboard that's required. I've injured my shoulder from dual boxing in a raid back in the Daoc days. Raise my hand and pass out. Get it checked out though because it's as serious as lower back pain.