Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    I wouldn't have bought another account after being treated that way.
    you take just a little bit of drugs you dont plan on taking anymore than that little bit you dont plan on ever doing it again but a cop sees you and puts you in jail.

it doesnt matter why he did it or how much he did it or his future intent to do it he did it on purpose he didnt do this on accident their should be no sympathy and hes lucky he got his account back

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 04:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Part View Post
    The disconnect did not directly duplicate things, it only reset the cooldown on your daily CD's such as living steel or darkmoon cards.

Tell me again why people should be banned permanently for "Abusing an exploit to mass produce items that are otherwise barred behind boundaries" without doing such thing? A suspension for playing with the DC part? yes, why not, but permanent is just crossing the line.
    doing it once or twice on accident? not your fault. doing it even once when you know about it? you should be banned permanently it hurts the economy of the server.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you take just a little bit of drugs you dont plan on taking anymore than that little bit you dont plan on ever doing it again but a cop sees you and puts you in jail.

it doesnt matter why he did it or how much he did it or his future intent to do it he did it on purpose he didnt do this on accident their should be no sympathy and hes lucky he got his account back

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 04:10 AM ----------

doing it once or twice on accident? not your fault. doing it even once when you know about it? you should be banned permanently it hurts the economy of the server.
    In my case, I used it a few times, only the disconnect, not once did I even craft a single item in the last week or so. You know what Blizzards response was?

"We have clear evidence that you used this to exploit the daily cooldown of certain profession items" Sometimes I honestly question what blizzard is doing.

Don't use exploits = don't get banned.

I think this story is pretty BS. Have you ever heard someone tell you a story about how they got in trouble with parents, law, school or whatever? Then you find out they actually did something wrong to begin with?

I remember when Dragon Soul came out, there was some crazy Ret Paladin big with Seal of Truth that was causing them to do millions of DPS or something like that. Well, a lot of us Pallies (including me) didn't know about it, raided anyway. Guess what? I didn't get in trouble. Guess who did? People who abused it.

I don't for a second think Blizzard is some evil corporation on a dark, windy hill, with thunder and lightning cackling around them. I think you probably abused this bug somehow, and got banned, and came to the forums to whine about it.

it happend to me in that past that for some strange reason my daily cd was reset. but what i did was not use it for 24 hour. but you made use of that exploit. and you got caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if people were "Testing" it or not to see if they get disconnected. Want to get disconnected? Pull your damn plug out and you've done it the non-account banning way. I say, if you tried it, you've gotten what you deserve and you should stay banned for even trying it.

Why are you even looking for WoW cheats to begin with?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Sometimes, bugs in the game cause issues where a ban is imposed. The Flame Leviathan bug for example, wasn't intended, but people exploited it to make the fight ridiculously easy. Some didn't intend to exploit it, but many of them did. Knowing what's an exploit and what isn't, isn't always clear to everyone. Knowing the difference and knowing how to make sure you don't exploit it accidentally is where the line is drawn. If you stop when you realise you've done something wrong and don't proceed to succeed, then it becomes fair to assume you didn't intend to exploit. In some cases, it's not possible to "stop" exploiting, such as with this herb DC bug. You'd expect that selling a stack of herbs to a vendor would just give you gold in return. You wouldn't expect a DC. However, you need to draw the line somewhere. If you keep abusing the bug, then you're not open to leniency. If you do it once, and then realize what's happened and don't repeat it, then it's another story. If you report it, then it's a clear sign it wasn't intended, provided you didn't proceed to keep abusing the bug.
    The problem is THAT WASN'T so simple.... It was not and I will repeat this NOT so SIMPLE like selling herbs to vendor.
    Since bug is fixed and justice served I assume I will not break forum rules by posting how it was possible (If I am please edit if possible).

A) You need to turn off auto loot and really maybe 1% ppl does that when milling herbs...
    B) You mill stack of 5 herbs.
    C) You pick up the stack during the cast time.
    D) When the loot window is open you must put the stack back to its original position.
    E) You shift click another stack and pick up exactly 1 herb from it and then add to the stack you milled.

GZ! Now you have a stack of bugged herb.

So please don't tell me some1 DC'ed by accident only by selling herbs......

For me it doesn't matter if you did this on purpose or for shit & giggles, you deserve Permanent Ban. End of story....

Quote Originally Posted by Yaren View Post
    you deserve Permanent Ban. End of story....
    A permanent ban for something that has absolutely zero effect, has absolutely no gains (unless you abuse it, aka exploit, which you do), does not effect anyone but yourself being DC'd?

I hope you are joking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rules are rules. You broke them, you get punished. "I only exploited because I was curious!" : "I only robbed the bank because I was curious!" It's highly unlikely that you had no idea about the exploit, and it just happened on accident by chance.

Deleted
    seems that curiosity killed another cat.

In my case, I used it a few times, only the disconnect, not once did I even craft a single item in the last week or so. You know what Blizzards response was?

"We have clear evidence that you used this to exploit the daily cooldown of certain profession items" Sometimes I honestly question what blizzard is doing.
    i dont care you did it on purpose. if i go to gm island just to see if i can i dont say oh but i should just get a warning i was just checking.

this isnt ptr this isnt beta you arent allowed to "test" exploits on live. stop acting like a whiny child and accept that you got off very lucky. if it were me you wouldve been permanently and ip banned

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 04:25 AM ----------

A permanent ban for something that has absolutely zero effect, has absolutely no gains (unless you abuse it, aka exploit, which you do), does not effect anyone but yourself being DC'd?

I hope you are joking.
    it doesnt matter YOU KNEW IT WAS AGAINST THE RULES. and YOU DID IT ON PURPOSE.

i dont piss on the sidewalk and say "i aint hurtin nobody" when the cop comes up behind me and drags me to jail
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You could have tried it out on the PTR. The PTR is there for people to try and break the game without getting banned. Of course, you'd have to report the exploit instead of using it on Live, but still.

And as for those that were correctly banned for exploiting the game: good effing riddance.
    Thats the thing and why this is totally cosmetic cos its not good effing riddance. It's good riddance for many of their mains but not the players playing them. It would be naive to think these players wont be back even more pissed off, willing to bot ,risk more cos they have less to lose now. You can on principle say the bans are justified and in many cases they will be, but will the bans achieve anything in the long run ? They simply stopped the exploit from carrying on by sweeping ban wave. Like I said , i dont think they can do differently from what they have done, but will it fix anything really. Maybe create 30,000 more bots in the game that dont get banned from pissed off people that were attached to their mains and are bitter and want to get some points back against blizzard and the players.

personally, those that can be shown to have made profit stay banned ( cant be any other way ) Those that its not so clear about, remove items, remove gold, punish them by all means, but they can have an account anyway, dont see what difference it makes if its one they had for 5 years or a new one.

It would be a long process to review all involved tho due to the numbers.

Deleted

I hope you are joking.
    You did exploit? Didn't you ? For me it doesn't matter if you gained 1mil on it or 5g. You still used an exploit you were aware of since it required a series of things to do at exact specific times so you can't say it was accident. Come on....

i dont care you did it on purpose. if i go to gm island just to see if i can i dont say oh but i should just get a warning i was just checking.

this isnt ptr this isnt beta you arent allowed to "test" exploits on live. stop acting like a whiny child and accept that you got off very lucky. if it were me you wouldve been permanently and ip banned

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 04:25 AM ----------

it doesnt matter YOU KNEW IT WAS AGAINST THE RULES. and YOU DID IT ON PURPOSE.

i dont piss on the sidewalk and say "i aint hurtin nobody" when the cop comes up behind me and drags me to jail
    Thats the things with these exploiters. Theyw ill say things like " I only found GM island by a freak accident! Now I am banned! WAHH WAHH WAHH QQQ"

When in reality, they heard about it, found out its location, and swam over there for fun. Blizzard found out about it, banned them (since its against the rules and all) and then get whined at for punishing people that were intent on breaking rules.

I hope you are joking.
    How is Blizzard supposed to know that the OP wasn't simply stockpiling the materials gained through the exploit for sale or use in a few weeks or a month when the whole foofarah has died down and the market value of the items has gone back up?

The OP can consider him/herself lucky that Blizzard decided to be lenient.

Deleted
    People don't use bugs like this unless they intend to exploit them. I think it's good that Blizzard deals with cheaters like this lot. Good riddance!

Quote Originally Posted by BobGrim View Post
    Thats the thing and why this is totally cosmetic cos its not good effing riddance. It's good riddance for many of their mains but not the players playing them. It would be naive to think these players wont be back even more pissed off, willing to bot ,risk more cos they have less to lose now. You can on principle say the bans are justified and in many cases they will be, but will the bans achieve anything in the long run ? They simply stopped the exploit from carrying on by sweeping ban wave. Like I said , i dont think they can do differently from what they have done, but will it fix anything really. Maybe create 30,000 more bots in the game that dont get banned from pissed off people that were attached to their mains and are bitter and want to get some points back against blizzard and the players.

personally, those that can be shown to have made profit stay banned ( cant be any other way ) Those that its not so clear about, remove items, remove gold, punish them by all means, but they can have an account anyway, dont see what difference it makes if its one they had for 5 years or a new one.

It would be a long process to review all involved tho due to the numbers.
    get perma banned. make new account, get perma banned again, get ip banned. get new isp, get perma banned, make new account, get perma banned, get ip banned.

anyone with the type of income to repeatedly change isps and make new accounts need to get a life

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    How is Blizzard supposed to know that the OP wasn't simply stockpiling the materials gained through the exploit for sale or use in a few weeks or a month when the whole foofarah has died down and the market value of the items has gone back up?

The OP can consider him/herself lucky that Blizzard decided to be lenient.
    Because I got permanently banned for doing a glorified disconnect. I disconnected myself a few times on my alt I havn't touched in a year, and did nothing more. How would you feel in this situation? Blizzard clearly doesn't care because if they bothered to check logs they'd see I bought 2 stacks of herbs, milled 3 times, vendored 3 herbs and never logged on after that. There are people that exploited this, but there are also people who did absolutely nothing and got permanently banned.

Because I got permanently banned for doing a glorified disconnect. I disconnected myself a few times on my alt I havn't touched in a year, and did nothing more. How would you feel in this situation? Blizzard clearly doesn't care because if they bothered to check logs they'd see I bought 2 stacks of herbs, milled 3 times, vendored 3 herbs and never logged on after that. There are people that exploited this, but there are also people who did absolutely nothing and got permanently banned.
    I bet there is more to this story than you tell. Of course you, the random internet forum goer wouldn't do anything wrong!

get perma banned. make new account, get perma banned again, get ip banned. get new isp, get perma banned, make new account, get perma banned, get ip banned.

anyone with the type of income to repeatedly change isps and make new accounts need to get a life
    change isp?? 1 afaik blizzard don't ban ip's. and to change isp to get your ip changed is stupid. most isp will change it if you call them. and otherwise there is vpn. if you got the money to keep buying WoW account i'm sure you can pay a good vpn server.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    change isp?? 1 afaik blizzard don't ban ip's. and to change isp to get your ip changed is stupid. most isp will change it if you call them. and otherwise there is vpn. if you got the money to keep buying WoW account i'm sure you can pay a good vpn server.
    blizzard can and does ip ban repeat offenders who use exploits or bots