Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Nobody did this without doing it on purpose and anybody with who did it knew it was illegal.
    Bans are fine and should not be reversed. Anyone who claim they didn't knew this was some kind of exploit or did it on purpose, lie.

About 10 months ago there was another exploit witch made duplicating items very easy and simple, it included memory editing to change items ID ingame. This exploit was Blizzards fault as well, but that doesn't change the fact that the people who did it knew what they were doing and did it on purpose.

Don't exploit if you don't want to get banned.
    Only lots of people did in fact not duplicate but got permanently banned.

oh forgot disconnecting is considered duplicating and worth a permanent ban

logic

Deleted
    just a note to all those who are obviously not informed (mods included): this exploit DID NOT allow you to dupe items...not a single item was duped over the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Nobody did this without doing it on purpose and anybody with who did it knew it was illegal.
    Bans are fine and should not be reversed. Anyone who claim they didn't knew this was some kind of exploit or did it on purpose, lie.

About 10 months ago there was another exploit witch made duplicating items very easy and simple, it included memory editing to change items ID ingame. This exploit was Blizzards fault as well, but that doesn't change the fact that the people who did it knew what they were doing and did it on purpose.

Don't exploit if you don't want to get banned.
    That is retarded logic, you cant know that no one did it accidentally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    Many people were taking advantage of a disconnect rollback bug that allowed you to dupe items and bypass crafting timers and cooldowns.

All you needed to do was mill a stack of herbs and vendor it and you'd be DCed (not going into details how). Many people like me, just DCed themself, or was told by a friend to try it for fun to DC themselves, or literally was jsut curious if you COULD disconnect yourself. Many people had no intention of duping, or malicious intent, or exploiting the economy or it's server.

These people including the dupers were given permanent account closures the other night on Monday evening including me. I appealed it TWICE and both times I was rejected and go no for an answer. They said if i replied again my account would get no response. I am a day 1 wow account holder and never been unsubbed in years. I've also never exploited or been banned for anything like this.

I do take full responsibility for disconnecting myself out of curiosity and don't condone major exploiting.

I basically gave up, blizzard didn't care. it was a blanket ban. I started a new account, and began leveling again. I woke up this morning and checked my wow account and found it to be unbanned and am currently playing. I was given no email as to why, or how.

For those who are banned who never meant anything, or simply DCed a friend or themself, their is still hope.
    In your case a minor punishment is more appropriate. You did something bad and should get punished for it, but a permanent ban is a very severe punishment for what you did.

It isn't hard to see who exploited and who was just testing out proof of concept. Blizzard's reaction is very late btw. The duping has been going on ever since start of Cataclysm. I've seen it as early as patch 4.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I started buying out cheap darkmoon cards after learning about this today. Might as well profit from this.

Pro tip: if you don't like being banned for using exploits, don't use exploits.

"I just did it for funsies" isn't going to win Blizzard over dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    Well this exploit is Blizzard fault. Thing like that should'nt happens at first.
    The bug that allowed it to happen may be because of Blizzard. Player's greed and knowingly using the bug to for their own personal gain however is not. Stop blaming Blizzard for the ignorance of others.

Well this exploit is Blizzard fault. Thing like that should'nt happens at first.
    Programs have bugs. That's Blizzard's "fault" if you like (though it's inevitable in any large piece of code so whatever). Exploiting that bug is against the TOS and Blizzard tells you straight up that it will result in a ban, if you exploit anyway and get banned then that's your fault. You get ample warning.

Some players think that because they can get away with something now there won't ever be repercussions but there are. Boo freaking hoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Many people were taking advantage of a disconnect rollback bug that allowed you to dupe items and bypass crafting timers and cooldowns.

All you needed to do was mill a stack of herbs and vendor it and you'd be DCed (not going into details how). Many people like me, just DCed themself, or was told by a friend to try it for fun to DC themselves, or literally was jsut curious if you COULD disconnect yourself. Many people had no intention of duping, or malicious intent, or exploiting the economy or it's server.

These people including the dupers were given permanent account closures the other night on Monday evening including me. I appealed it TWICE and both times I was rejected and go no for an answer. They said if i replied again my account would get no response. I am a day 1 wow account holder and never been unsubbed in years. I've also never exploited or been banned for anything like this.

I do take full responsibility for disconnecting myself out of curiosity and don't condone major exploiting.

I basically gave up, blizzard didn't care. it was a blanket ban. I started a new account, and began leveling again. I woke up this morning and checked my wow account and found it to be unbanned and am currently playing. I was given no email as to why, or how.

For those who are banned who never meant anything, or simply DCed a friend or themself, their is still hope.
    So you knew of the exploit and tried it for fun? Regardless of your intentions you deserve it. Knowing of an in game exploit and using it yeah you deserved it. Hopefully it was permanent. Tired of people doing stupid things in game and when they get hit with disciplinary measures for whatever reason they come to MMO champ for some dumb validation as to why they were some how justified and shouldn't have been banned. How about you, oh I don't know, act like an individual and hold yourself accountable for your actions and reap the consequence of your actions.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

It was not in any way close to an exploit when people first found out about it, which is when most that didn't use it for duping used it.

Later on people found a way to use it as a way to dupe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    There are a number of specific, non-intuitive steps you need to take to make it happen. You can find a post or two in the thread listing them out. Suffice it to say that once understood what's required to execute it, it's obvious that having it happen by accident is very unlikely.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-11 at 01:56 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account

I am pretty sure there was I note out on this before the ban, basicly your job to keep an eye on the forum for warnings and the likes. Many knew that it was a dump idea to do, and therefor didn't do it at all. There's no escape from rules, you can of course write to them and let them do another investigation, else not. And I swear you learn this phrase in mosts schools, "If your friends jumped over a cliff, would you?" - Basicly saying, don't do something dumb because everyone else is. If you knew the outcome of it, as you did in the end (even if you only did to see if it was possible) still means you did the act.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    @ Gehco ... so I heard you like Paladins...

If it's so easy, why don't you make a game played by 10 million people, with absolutely no bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Part View Post
    Only lots of people did in fact not duplicate but got permanently banned.

oh forgot disconnecting is considered duplicating and worth a permanent ban

logic
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    Thousands of people suddenly start disconnecting themselves on purpose, so of course Blizzard hits the ban hammer.
    And they hit it hard to deter others from doing it, to limit the damage.

Once you run your own multi-million dollar business you'll realize that there's nothing "retarded" about this sort of action.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Thousands of people suddenly start disconnecting themselves on purpose, so of course Blizzard hits the ban hammer.
    And they hit it hard to deter others from doing it, to limit the damage.

Once you run your own multi-million dollar business you'll realize that there's nothing "retarded" about this sort of action.
    I love comments like this as if the people defending a) all run their own multi-million dollar businesses and b) believe blizzard is always right and everyone who reports their inconsistencies and kneejerk reactions obviously had it coming in every possible setting, liars.

12 year old retard

Infraction: Please post constructively and refrain from insulting other users. - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-15 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I love comments like this as if the people defending a) all run their own multi-million dollar businesses and b) believe blizzard is always right and everyone who reports their inconsistencies and kneejerk reactions obviously had it coming in every possible setting, liars.
    The folks who hand out bans for exploits didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

They only take dramatic action like this when there is an obvious and urgent problem. They might hand out a few extra bans to people who didn't quite deserve them, but as you can see, they are willing to reverse them.

Reversing a ban a) doesn't wipe your limit (and wrongful accusations are way too common from blizzard) and b) puts you in bad light to anyone who finds out and is like the rest of the fortunate ignorants in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Oh look at all the perfect law-abiding citizens in this thread.
    Pfft, just the regular exploit-thread mentality.

"Thy scum, thou trieth disconnecting thyself! May thee account be banneth for all eternity."

Luckily Blizzard seem to have a more reasonable acceptance to curiosity than the ToU-humpers
    If you can't do the time, don't do the crime?
    If 30.000 people went and did this, that will be a lot of extra work for Blizzard trying to figure out who did it "for fun" and who did it to make gold.
    Maybe people need to learn that choices have concequenses?
    Im not saying they should be banned for life, but maybe for a week or so, let them sweat a little, maybe next time they will think twice.