Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    Many people were taking advantage of a disconnect rollback bug that allowed you to dupe items and bypass crafting timers and cooldowns.

All you needed to do was mill a stack of herbs and vendor it and you'd be DCed (not going into details how). Many people like me, just DCed themself, or was told by a friend to try it for fun to DC themselves, or literally was jsut curious if you COULD disconnect yourself. Many people had no intention of duping, or malicious intent, or exploiting the economy or it's server.

These people including the dupers were given permanent account closures the other night on Monday evening including me. I appealed it TWICE and both times I was rejected and go no for an answer. They said if i replied again my account would get no response. I am a day 1 wow account holder and never been unsubbed in years. I've also never exploited or been banned for anything like this.

I do take full responsibility for disconnecting myself out of curiosity and don't condone major exploiting.

I basically gave up, blizzard didn't care. it was a blanket ban. I started a new account, and began leveling again. I woke up this morning and checked my wow account and found it to be unbanned and am currently playing. I was given no email as to why, or how.

For those who are banned who never meant anything, or simply DCed a friend or themself, their is still hope.

Just tried it to see if it worked, bye bye, you cheated, you knew you were cheating, you got busted.

Don't CHEAT...

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I love comments like this as if the people defending a) all run their own multi-million dollar businesses and b) believe blizzard is always right and everyone who reports their inconsistencies and kneejerk reactions obviously had it coming in every possible setting, liars.
    I don't own one, but I work in one. And I know what it takes to run one.

And I love how everyone who don't agree with YOU is a mindless Blizzard White Knight.
    No, Blizzard is not always right, but I understand why they do what they do.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    no one was wrongfully banned as you say, they cheated and broke the rules.......ban them for good

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    I don't own one, but I work in one. And I know what it takes to run one.

And I love how everyone who don't agree with YOU is a mindless Blizzard White Knight.
    No, Blizzard is not always right, but I understand why they do what they do.
    I imagine most of us working in a multi-million dollar(or equivalent) company. I imagine most of us who aren't braindead also have a fair idea what it takes to run, especially when involved in certain aspects. That doesn't make it at all applicable to blizzard.

why would experience in IT/marketing/distribution be anything related to "bans" (my experience)? The only "bans" we have are countries we don't sell to.

just because you may be involved in a company doesn't mean you are the one running it or that your company is at all comparable in this regard.

I'd understand what they would do if they had customer support who don't treat you like a murder suspect for reporting a bug without any visible gain from it.

Deleted
    You don't do something like this by accident. Every single person who got banned thought they could make some easy gold from this without having to work for it like the rest of us! There's no reason to even try it if you're not after some quick and easy gold! It's good that Blizzard takes steps to remove these economy destroyers from the game to make it more enjoyable for those of us who don't break the rules.

It is pretty difficult to get yourself perma banned in WoW, and reaching a dead end with appeals. If that happens you almost certainly deserved to be banned, probably sooner than you actually were.

Again, many people said "hey look friend, i can make u DC from vendoring an herb when u mill it!" and were permanently banned for it ... they didn't have the intention to gain an economic advantage. And thus, shouldn't be treated like someone who duped 1000 decks.

Hey friend look at this harmless bug that does not break anything in the-

jk perma banned for exploiting

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It is pretty difficult to get yourself perma banned in WoW, and reaching a dead end with appeals. If that happens you almost certainly deserved to be banned, probably sooner than you actually were.
    As he said several times. He got unbanned again, so some that (hopefully) knows more than you, disagrees.

But yes. It's a good signal to permaban those that abused it, but a bit strange considered a lot of other things get excused with "it could be another person that hacked them and did it".
    How come that no hacker would abuse some other account for it this time? Just finding it strange.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    good riddance as well.

i have 9 inscribes, and planned it that way before MOP for the daily cool downs and made over 2 million gold between 2 darkmoon faires, legit way, im glad these cheaters are gone and are not there to ruin market with flooded items anymore.

Pity blizz takes to damn long to remove bots tho.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Exploiting, major or otherwise, is exploiting. Doing it for fun or because you're curious doesn't make it something else.
    But where do you draw the line? The difference between "creative use of game mechanics" and "exploiting" in a game as complex as WoW is a judgment call by Blizzard. I think they should show a little flexibility. Why is some guy soloing a Naxx boss via a dig rat a cool feat, while messing around while deliberately DC'd automatically banworthy?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Oh look at all the perfect law-abiding citizens in this thread.
    Pfft, just the regular exploit-thread mentality.

"Thy scum, thou trieth disconnecting thyself! May thee account be banneth for all eternity."

Luckily Blizzard seem to have a more reasonable acceptance to curiosity than the ToU-humpers
    I do abide the law, and do not make wrong things that I KNOW I shouldn't be making "out of curiosity". You probably never thought the amount of extra work that is diverted from places it's necessary due to your "curiosity".

IF I accept that lame excuse, because to me looks like a try to see if you people can exploit and leave unscattered to brag in general chat, later.

We don't have to learn to deal with your choices. Blizzard don't have to learn to deal with your choices. YOU have to learn to deal with your choices. This cry of yours is totally voided of significance and we need more cowbell than we need of your apologetic excuses to not suffer the consequences of your actions.

DEAL WITH IT!!!