Deleted

[Boomkin] Surviving as a Boomkin

As the title says how do you fellow Boomkins survive in arena (mainly 2's, double DPS). Stacking full resil and sacrificing damage or just stacking pvp power and hoping to burst them down before they kill you. Rejuv is pretty decent but healing touch is relatively bad compared to Spriests Flash heal and shamans Healing surge. 2.2 second cast time is painful in pvp, especially when you're dying.

I currently have 8180 resil (63.29%) and 43.99% pvp power. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. This is only 1500 rated arena

Playing Boomkin/Demo lock
    Last edited by mmoc6b1301dbf2; 2013-01-09 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention partner

10+ Year Old Account
    Cyclone,displacer beast,might of ursoc,roots,typhoon. Depends on the partner you playing with, but generally you should blow someone up in 2s really quick with tons of cc on the healer. Most teams with warriors,ferals,hunters are going to be rough for you guys. Tough to say since I don't know who your partner is.

Deleted
    Ah yes sorry should have mentioned, playing with a demo lock for the nice symb buff, lines up nicely with CD's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillloon View Post
    As the title says how do you fellow Boomkins survive in arena (mainly 2's, double DPS). Stacking full resil and sacrificing damage or just stacking pvp power and hoping to burst them down before they kill you. Rejuv is pretty decent but healing touch is relatively bad compared to Spriests Flash heal and shamans Healing surge. 2.2 second cast time is painful in pvp, especially when you're dying.

I currently have 8180 resil (63.29%) and 43.99% pvp power. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. This is only 1500 rated arena

Playing Boomkin/Demo lock
    I'm still trying to figure out how exactly we are supposed to cast healing touch, starfire, or even wrath in many cases in PvP. I guess we have to hope they aren't paying attention, they're rooted (cool, we have to root to dmg someone!) or they're focusing your partner/BG teammates.

And no, I'm not speccing into Nature's Swiftness just so I can get a damn starfire/cyclone/healing touch off.

Don't get caught.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ns is good, don;t know why you will not spec into it. In the games that you can push people off make sure to use it. Use Nature's Grasp on cd, keep using displacer beast when pressured.

Our burst takes a little to ramp up but it is good. Use alignment once before the start of the fight to get into solar then at the start it should reset and put you going to lunar so then a the start of the fight use alignment to get 75 almost to lunar and take off the buff. Make sure to use starfall if they go on you first because sometimes you might get attacked and forced into lunar not getting that extra starfall.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think demo/boomkin works that well. IMO it's best to have either a spriest or retri paladin who can help healing you

Good melee teams will just blow you up. I play with an spriest and we can hold our own against most teams but double melee teams are a nightmare for us. Against warriors my priest is toast and depending on his partner I might get blown up too. Surprisingly I played against one team the other day when this rogue would absolutely destroy me. I think I'm fairly decent, not many people just completely own me... but this guy... wow. Not really sure how people are saying rogues are bad atm. Died through his opener almost every time and it's by far the most damage I've taken from any class I have played against. If i trinketed his early stun or sat through it with barkskin, it wouldn't matter, the damage was just insane and with cos I couldn't peel him(and this was while the warrior was destroying my teammate). Displacer beast saved me one match but my partner was dead by then and if I tried to use NV/INC/CA with NV healing to try to stay alive/get a kill he would simply blind me. It was a bit sad.

Anyway, sometimes you're just gonna bite the bullet in twos and moonkins aren't very good against melee without some heavy peels... That's just the way it is. I find I'm pretty good vs dks, but living through the opener of some of these classes is most of the problem. Not to mention that being so dependent on casting, you're gonna find yourself getting focused a lot. There's nothing to lose when they focus us and we should have survival instincts and nerf the lock symbiosis imo (keep the immunity to interrupt part only). I'm getting off topic again but I'm a little sour at our pvp survivability and casting reliance -_-

So with an spriest I have better turtling power than your team if we live past the opener and life swap is incredibly nice if only one of us is getting focused, but you have more damage via dark intent and opening defensives with your symbiosis. Displacer beast and pillar hugging are your best bets for survival in any comp however. It's too bad displacer beast is getting nerfed tho. Gl & hf, it's tough in twos for us sometimes (I guess 3's too :P)

edit: forgot to mention you can put shrooms around a pillar to make your kiting that much more effective. Making use of typhoon off of ledges and even around pillars works very well as well. Play around with wild charge to jump back up a platform (you can jump to shrooms in human form/jump up to an enemy in cat form). Try and see which talents are better vs certain teams. Against a caster team I might possibly go solar beam glyph/ursols vortex. Against a melee team maybe glyph might of ursoc and pick up mighty bash. I like typhoon too much and rarely change it but sometimes mass entanglement or faerie swarm are useful as well (will be even better in 5.2 at the cost of a longer typhoon cd -_-)
    Last edited by halfawake; 2013-01-11 at 03:41 PM.

You can go for NV for extra dmg, but since you should stack resil (your SS crits will still hurt), you might want to think about HoTW. If you're getting tunneled by melee and displacer beast did not work for an escape you pop it and go bear form, using mangle and healing with rejuv/frenzied regen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go incarnation + nature's vigil and roll with an ele sham, pretty much whichever one of us they target they're fucked because the other dude will blow them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run Boomkin/Rogue for points cap every week and tbh, its frustrating. I just don't have the gear so we struggle on some of the matches. Plus, Boomkin is just terrible in 2s. Works better in 3s and 5s or RBGs.

Honestly, I think it'd be easier to run w/ a healer or another class that also has strong off healing so you can cover one another's backs better. Playing with a pure dps class means if they're getting focused or you are getting focused ... all the healing rides on you. Kinda sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Against melee, range? Remember for Melee, DoT em up, place down some shrooms for the snare, and kite em. With the exception of Paladins, ferals, and enhance, all other melee are vulnerable against slows, and you move at 40/60% speed in travel form, depending on the spec. If you are just standing there while melee are wailing on you, well, you be doing it wrong.

For range, remember that you have some extremely strong DoTs. Pillar hump while DoTing em up, or just roll rejuve and wail on em. Double range v Double Range, its mostly about the CC on the partner, how hard you can hit the opponent, how well you can mitigate damage (If against a destro, pillar hump), and how much healing you can do (No mage, roll rejuves on you/partner)

Serously. The ability to kite opponents, knock them off ledges if eligible, and pillar hump are all very neccesary for climbing ranks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.