Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What's gonna be the big baddie in 5.3/4?

Seeing as the Sha is presumably dealt with after this tier (unless I'm wrong), and the leader of the mogu, the Thunder King, is killed off in the upcoming 5.2 patch, what do you think is coming after?

I wouldn't suspect it has anything to do with the Zandalari as they're being dealt with in the Throne of Thunder, so it wouldn't make much sense to see them after.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    5.4 could feature a Yaungol raid, but its unlikely... btw, why do we attack Zan'Vess and stop right before we enter the hive/heart?

So I hear there is this orc dude sitting in Orgrimmar that has kinda pissed a lot of people off. I bet Blizzard could do something with him. Make it like we all lay siege to the city cause he has gone completely bat shit insane.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    5.4 = Garrosh.

3 Content tiers would be done.

I'm could see a Yaungol raid, or something we haven't seen at all yet in terms of a potential baddie. Maybe a return to the old god theme? Unlikely but it's definitely possible. But with how blizzard wants shorter expansions, it's possible Garrosh will be the tier after Thunder King. Thats what I believe to be the most likely and obvious direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    5.4 = Garrosh.

Roflcopta, I completely forgot about Garrosh.. Now this thread is pointless..

Virmen Raid, Carrot and Turnip themed armour sets, rodent mounts and a hardmode only encounter with a Virmen Carrot Juice jumped up Darkmoon rabbit, which will be the hardest fight in the history of WoW.

Deleted
    No, 5.6 is Garrosh.

There is still the 7th Sha and Garrosh to deal with, We were already told that a Raid on Orgrimmar and Garrosh was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    5.4 = Garrosh.

Not necessarily. I wouldn't mind a mini-tier between Garrosh and Throne of Thunder, sort of how WotLK had TotC between Icecrown and Ulduar.

MoP hasn't had a single boss instance like ony/mag/sarth, maybe something like that could fit in?

After this Thunder King patch, I got a feeling the only raid will be the Siege of Ogrimmar and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    Seeing as the Sha is presumably dealt with after this tier (unless I'm wrong), and the leader of the mogu, the Thunder King, is killed off in the upcoming 5.2 patch, what do you think is coming after?

I wouldn't suspect it has anything to do with the Zandalari as they're being dealt with in the Throne of Thunder, so it wouldn't make much sense to see them after.

Thoughts?
    It depends when the next expansion comes out. If Blizzard wants to shorten the expansion life to 18 months, which would be three months shorter than Cataclysm and their stated desired expansion life, then realistically, 5.3 will be a small patch like 5.1 while 5.4 will be the final raid patch. 5.3 will likely have a lot of PvP, possibly the two datamined BGs that have come out of the PTR: Defense of the Alehouse and Gold Rush as well as further advance the Alliance versus Horde storyline. 5.4 would be the Siege of Orgrimmar and the final boss will be Garrosh Hellscream.

Now, if Blizzard needs to extend MoP for more time with the next expansion, than we could possibly see a 5.5 and 5.6 patch, in which case we could see a raid tier between Throne of Thunder and the Siege of Orgrimmar. What this could be is anyone's guess, as no noticeable major threats will be left on Pandaria other than Garrosh. We still do not know why the Mists fell or where Emperor Shaohao fits in to all this, so those are stroylines that could be expanded on. Also, a lot of people seem to think that there will be a seventh Sha, although Blizzard has said that was an earlier iteration of the story. Still, it's possible they may simply be playing that one close to the chest.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2013-01-09 at 04:33 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    No, 5.6 is Garrosh.
    Where is this said?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    No, 5.6 is Garrosh.
    where do people come up with this tripe?

And if it is true why do they post it without a source?

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP hasn't had a single boss instance like ony/mag/sarth, maybe something like that could fit in?
    I doubt Blizzard will make the "Experiment of the Crusader" mistake again. It's pretty sucky to cram a whole Gear-Tier in such a tiny instance.

5.3 will be a new daily hub + upgradeable Items

5.4 will be the next big Content tier (Probably Garrosh)

5.5 will be some mini raid like Twilight stuff in WotlK, but only if the next addon gets delayed.

6.0 will be prepatch.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares66 View Post
    where do people come up with this tripe?

And if it is true why do they post it without a source?
    Given past patch cycles, sure, it's easy to dismiss Garrosh being in 5.6 and figure he'd be 5.4.

But, Blizz has also said they wanted to do faster turn out of patches than previously, so unless A) They don't actually do that, or B) MoP is a much shorter expac than previous, it isn't entirely hard to imagine Garrosh being 5.6 or something.

Eh, way too early to tell what they have up their sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Given past patch cycles, sure, it's easy to dismiss Garrosh being in 5.6 and figure he'd be 5.4.

But, Blizz has also said they wanted to do faster turn out of patches than previously, so unless A) They don't actually do that, or B) MoP is a much shorter expac than previous, it isn't entirely hard to imagine Garrosh being 5.6 or something.

I think the release date of 5.2 will give us a fairly clear idea of what the patch cycle of MoP will be. If we get a patch every 2 months, going to 5.6 is a given. If raid tiers are meant to last 6 months, then I think 5.4 or 5.5 being the final patch is more likely.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post

Many already expect MoP to be an 18-20 month expansion. If they follow their current pace of patch releases, with a non-raid patch coming about 2 months after the last raid tier was put in, then followed by the next raid tier added in about 4 months after that (this would put 5.2 being released sometime in March which is the most common guess I've seen), then 5.4 could very easily be the final raid patch. It would be releasing right around a year after MoP came out. They could then do a 5.5 patch to start setting up the next expansion (which would have already been announced by then). Then take 5-6 months to get patch 6.0 ready, having it release late Spring 2014.

If anything, in order to get to 5.6 they would have to either make MoP longer than previous expansions or squeeze in a raid tier too fast like they did with ToC.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

5.3 won´t be a raidpatch and 5.4 will be the final tier, the siege of orgrimmar,

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    I think the release date of 5.2 will give us a fairly clear idea of what the patch cycle of MoP will be. If we get a patch every 2 months, going to 5.6 is a given. If raid tiers are meant to last 6 months, then I think 5.4 or 5.5 being the final patch is more likely.
    Well, in order for us to get a patch every 2 months, 5.2 would have to come put by the end of January. There is no way that will happen. The end of February is slightly more reasonable, but considering the mess the PTR is right now, and the fact that they have not started any raid testing at all, still makes me think that would be an ambitious launch window.