Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hardest game there is.

What is the most difficult MMO out there today?

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Video Games Discussion

Darkfall Online was until they took it down to make way for Darkfall Unholy Wars - Full loot pvp, no area completely safe, destructible cities and ships which took months to build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudommer View Post
    Thats too subjective. You may want to ask something like "what has the steepest learning curve" or "what is the most unforgiving". There are people who find WoW to be challenging while the majority claims they do not.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Thats too subjective. You may want to ask something like "what has the steepest learning curve" or "what is the most unforgiving". There are people who find WoW to be challenging while the majority claims they do not.

Im quitting WoW because its too easy.
    So, harder than wow.

Try playing on a MUD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im quitting WoW because its too easy.
    So, harder than wow.
    There aren't any.

Now, there are games where you grind more, like Aion, for instance. Or ones where leveling is just slower but not particularly easier, like SWTOR. But when it comes to difficulty there aren't any other MMO's out there that are an actual cut above. If you're looking for real challenge you should probably try a solo game where you can control the difficulty level.

Hard games?
    Well... for RPG we got stuff like The Witcher 2 on max difficulty, Dark Souls, and stuff like that.
    For Platformers i would say Super Meat Boy. That game is just evil, but in a fair way.

Really hard to know what you mean by "hard"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There aren't any.

Now, there are games where you grind more, like Aion, for instance. Or ones where leveling is just slower but not particularly easier, like SWTOR. But when it comes to difficulty there aren't any other MMO's out there that are an actual cut above. If you're looking for real challenge you should probably try a solo game where you can control the difficulty level.
    Ill have to disagree here. To name a few Eve, upcoming FF:ARR, Darkfall Unholy Wars, and a few others in the works. They have much larger learning curves than your average theme park MMO.

did you really just say "some games that are not out yet are more difficult than Wow!"
    because that's a masterpiece of logical fallacy. unknowable fact, the games are not out yet, we cannot determine their difficulty level at all. even if you're in the beta.

also steep learning curve does not necessarily equal 'difficult'

i could pretty easily argue that EVE is far easier than WoW, it's just far far more time consuming, but time consuming isn't difficulty either, it's just time consuming.

as has been pointed out, 'hard' needs defining.
    i imagine that what you're asking for is a game that is far more punishing. by this i mean that the game allows less fuckups to succeed at. most MMOs have veered well away from that model. you're better off in a single player game like Demon's Souls.

or if you love the MM aspect then get a tabletop game going with D&D or V:TM(fuck the new WoD!) or something along those lines.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

By hard Im talking like, landing on the aircraft carrier in Top Gun or completing Ghosts n' Goblins on your first life.

Eve is rather complicated, and there's just so friggin much to learn...!!

Final Fantasy 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    did you really just say "some games that are not out yet are more difficult than Wow!"
    because that's a masterpiece of logical fallacy.
    Nope, that isn't what I said at all but thanks for playing. Reread what I posted.... Also where do you get this "its not out yet, it cant be harder than WoW" mentality? In fact its a proven that most game are harder when they release than after they have been out for a year or two. Want to talk about logical fallacy, you take the cake bud...
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2013-01-09 at 08:12 PM.

By hard Im talking like, landing on the aircraft carrier in Top Gun or completing Ghosts n' Goblins on your first life.
    I'm not sure you are quite sincere with this post. I'm sure you realize that most single player games fail to come up to that par, not even getting into MMOs.

There aren't MMOs out there with that kind of difficulty, nor have there ever been. It wouldn't make sense to alienate your entire player base or to search for a player base with that kind of niche.

Now, are their challenges out there of that calibre? I'm sure most games have the ability to be difficult if you wanted to go looking for the challenge, like what Jider and Mionelol were doing back when I used to play (I'm not sure if they are still up to it) - and there are folks like that in most games trying to do what was previously thought impossible.

Hvent tried it but ppl talks about dark souls being hard, and unforgiving

My ex-wife. I haven't won that game in years.

Lost interest in it fairly quickly, but I've heard Rift is far more difficult than WoW.

Never had a chance to raid in it (group all left for GW2), but the instances in The Secret World all felt slightly below WoW challenge modes in terms of difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

Deleted
    qwop xD look it up kinda difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Hvent tried it but ppl talks about dark souls being hard, and unforgiving
    http://disney.kids.yahoo.co.jp/game/pooh.html
    Makes DaS look like casual babby mode.