Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Healers Have To Die Addon Banned Please!!!

Hello I am a healer from who enjoys the occasional battleground and Rated battleground but since this addon has been available it makes it even more difficult to enjoy pvp. Granted it really isn't hard to spot out the healers when you are in battlegrounds but do people really need the unfair advantage of a constant healing icon above healers? I just don't understand how blizzard can allow this addon. Although no it doesn't break any of the gaming rules, i think most healers would agree that it takes a lot of the joy out of casual pvp for them. I would love to get a blue's response on this topic since i have yet to see a response as to how they are allowing this addon to exist.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Heck they should do the opposite. They should give everybody this addon. It's impossible to win a twin peaks with 2 holy paladins running around and no one hitting them. Also blue's won't respond on mmo-champion.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just use the addon to kill the opposing healers first, and you'll be fine. The addon will stay mate, since banning it, would probably mean banning all addons that interact with nameplates, and that's not gonna happen.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

This is a fansite, not the official WoW forums, so you ain't getting a blue response.
    Also, no it doesn't give a unfair advantage.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well blues don't exist on MMO-C so you might want to check the real bliz forums. Everyone dies in pvp also, IT'S THE FREAKING POINT!
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

First time I've heard of this add on. Don't see how it'd be an issue if you have add ons like DBM auto marking what to kill on fights like Lei Shi (even if the targets they mark are less than ideal...).

I doubt you'll be getting a blue response here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swill655 View Post
    Hello I am a healer from who enjoys the occasional battleground and Rated battleground but since this addon has been available it makes it even more difficult to enjoy pvp. Granted it really isn't hard to spot out the healers when you are in battlegrounds but do people really need the unfair advantage of a constant healing icon above healers? I just don't understand how blizzard can allow this addon. Although no it doesn't break any of the gaming rules, i think most healers would agree that it takes a lot of the joy out of casual pvp for them. I would love to get a blue's response on this topic since i have yet to see a response as to how they are allowing this addon to exist.

Thanks
    aw...QQ moar?? i didnt realize healers are entitled to a free pass in bgs...to heal to their little heart's content without worrying about getting trained on. seriously, what part of pvp do you not understand?

I guess my main problem is that i signed up to heal not to tank in pvp's

Why do you assume everyone targeting you is only doing so because of an addon? It's more than possible that they looked through your team roster before the game started, or simply have basic observational skills. I agree it's disgusting that this addon exists, but only because that means someone decided they needed a nameplate marker to notice healers. Unless you just stare at your action bars it's really obvious who's a healer. Someone that wouldn't have noticed me without a bullseye above my head has zero chance of killing me anyway.

I guess my main problem is that i signed up to heal not to tank in pvp's
    Welcome to World of Warcraft--where tanks are dps, dps are healers, and healers are tanks.

You can't just turret like you're fighting a dragon. Keeping yourself alive or out of CC is most of what PvP healing is.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    do you realize the percentage of people that have targetted you because healers have to die? i promise you it is less then 1%. i use healers have to die, but in bgs its easier to just find the healer. if you are playing with me it helps you out because the only thing i find that addon useful for is when someone is targetting you.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

this addon is awfully close to those interacting addons that got banned in patch 3.3.5 in that they alter game play in a way that wrecks the game

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this addon, even when playing as a healer. It helps you improve your skills when tanking a bunch of bads. Also, bgtargets is a far superior addon to hhtd.

Deleted

Thanks
    I don't need addon to find a healer in bg. so, addon or not, you are my primary target. you whine because you are focused in BG, but this is not the addon fault! those who use it already want to jump on healer first. if not, I don't know why they would use it ....

"I guess my main problem is that i signed up to heal not to tank in pvp's"

so you want people to leave you alone while you heal in pvp? what's next? a blowjob and my HK on a silver plateau??

lol ...... -_-'

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    this addon is awfully close to those interacting addons that got banned in patch 3.3.5 in that they alter game play in a way that wrecks the game
    If this "wrecks the game" - Deadly boss mods destroys it.

Deleted
    As dps, I check through the enemy roster before a bg starts and remember the name/class of the healer. They are always my main target even if its a suicide run!
    As a healer myself, I ask to be raid marked and /w to a couple of the geared dps that I can keep them all alive if they protect me. Mages using rof and warriors intervening usually keeps alot of pressure off me.

Quote Originally Posted by jayrulez View Post
    As dps, I check through the enemy roster before a bg starts and remember the name/class of the healer. They are always my main target even if its a suicide run!
    As a healer myself, I ask to be raid marked and /w to a couple of the geared dps that I can keep them all alive if they protect me. Mages using rof and warriors intervening usually keeps alot of pressure off me.

Those are actually some great tips, haven't thought of marking myself tbh. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    This addon is nothing like AVRE was... It doesn't draw shapes on the screen, just adds a marker above the healers heads, which identifies them through their current spec.

Even without the addon, it's easy to tell who healers are by looking at the scoreboard.

Deleted
    I know it's annoying as a healer to be constantly focused (I play a disc priest myself) but that is what pvp is about. Friendlies should help you and you can also take advantage of the addon. I use it to cc/dispel/pressure enemy healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonfiend76 View Post
    aw...QQ moar?? i didnt realize healers are entitled to a free pass in bgs...to heal to their little heart's content without worrying about getting trained on. seriously, what part of pvp do you not understand?

Honestly if you can't pick out a healer in a BG without this addon you need to stop playing. When I used to do group bg's the leader made everyone dl this addon, it's pointless if you know what you are doing. I deleted it after one BG because it's not needed and I hated both the sounds it made and the stupid icons it made.

He's not asking for a "free pass" hes asking for people who cant manage to pay attentin to the healer insted of training the warrior dont get a big red cross telling them who to kill. He is right in the fact that it is a bit unfair to healers. I miss the days of being able to either stand right in the middle of the action and not get targeted and just heal while my team wrecked, or stand 10yards behind them and only have to worry about the occasional rogue, and if it wasnt for this addon I'd still be able to do just that without much of a worry.

Also, do you not understand the point of pvp? This addon is for terrible midfield heros who cant manage to pay enough attention to whats going on around them to pick out the healers on their own.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Deleted
    I always target healers in pvp anyway but ty for the info I will download this addon,sometimes you spend a ridiculous amount of time looking for that healer,clicking on stuff here and there...an icon would be serious help.