Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by swill655 View Post
    Hello I am a healer from who enjoys the occasional battleground and Rated battleground but since this addon has been available it makes it even more difficult to enjoy pvp. Granted it really isn't hard to spot out the healers when you are in battlegrounds but do people really need the unfair advantage of a constant healing icon above healers? I just don't understand how blizzard can allow this addon. Although no it doesn't break any of the gaming rules, i think most healers would agree that it takes a lot of the joy out of casual pvp for them. I would love to get a blue's response on this topic since i have yet to see a response as to how they are allowing this addon to exist.

    Thanks
    It's not hard to spot healers without an addon either. You're just mad becuase you've been getting bad BG groups.

  2. #42
    Blizzard doesnt care about healers.

    They made the game for DPSers. They only need healers to make raids more interesting, but they dont care about them.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 11:50 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryana View Post
    First time I've heard of this add on. Don't see how it'd be an issue if you have add ons like DBM auto marking what to kill on fights like Lei Shi (even if the targets they mark are less than ideal...).

    I doubt you'll be getting a blue response here!
    Because you using this addon affects all the healers in the battleground.

    You can choose not to use DBM, you cant choose that the enemy doesnt use this addon.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 12:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Just to all those saying Blues dont read this forum, they do. Maybe not the CM's directly but Blizz do mointor fan site forums as well as there own.

    I dont see the problem with it. I don't have the addon, but will stick to a healer anyway the second I notice them
    The problem is that people should focus healers because they have enough skill to find them, not because an addon tells them.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Blizzard doesnt care about healers.

    They made the game for DPSers. They only need healers to make raids more interesting, but they dont care about them.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 11:50 AM ----------



    Because you using this addon affects all the healers in the battleground.

    You can choose not to use DBM, you cant choose that the enemy doesnt use this addon.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 12:02 PM ----------



    The problem is that people should focus healers because they have enough skill to find them, not because an addon tells them.
    So by what you say we should ban all addon, decursive, healbot, whatever addon you might have.
    I don't personally use the addon, but I can promise you I 100% of the time train every healer I see and follow them even if it means me getting kited to the enemy group.

    When you join a bg its to bg you should expect you getting trained as a healer, its your job in a bg to get trained.

  4. #44
    For real, do you just want to stand there and heal frealy like a PvE encounter? Then you're playing the wrong side of the game dude... The fun part about PvP healing is to kite that dps that goes after you, to LoS that CC and to keep everyone up while you're doing all this. Not stand in one spot the whole fight spamming your healing spell like healing a tank on a boss fight.

    So there is nothing else than this to say: Learn to play, or go PvE (And for those that want this addon, go for Battleground Targets insted. ALOT better, its like Gladius for BGs)

  5. #45
    This addon has been out for a little over 3 years now. People asked for it to be banned on the official forums then and it's still around. I don't think there are any plans to make it nonfunctional.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Blizzard doesnt care about healers.

    They made the game for DPSers. They only need healers to make raids more interesting, but they dont care about them.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 11:50 AM ----------



    Because you using this addon affects all the healers in the battleground.

    You can choose not to use DBM, you cant choose that the enemy doesnt use this addon.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 12:02 PM ----------



    The problem is that people should focus healers because they have enough skill to find them, not because an addon tells them.
    You're not serious are you? They made the game for dps...? Healing is so freaking fun when you have a dps on you, fake casting and such to make him waste his CDs.

  7. #47
    While the addon isn't a big deal, healers seem to have gotten a lot weaker due to the massive amount of control and burst every class has now.

  8. #48
    I know because before this addon, healers were never a priority target. Wait what? Some kids are just made to DPS.

  9. #49
    Got to say when I started PvPing healing I found it extremely frustrating getting trained and making frequent trips to the gy. When I realised that standing around freecasting heals in the hopes that either the enemy DPS don't notice me or that my team's DPS would protect me wasn't the preferred strategy and that my priority was in keeping myself alive, kiting enemy DPS and harrassing their healers were off more importance than slapping on a Flash Heal on to a hunter who probably didn't even notice it I started having tons of fun. PvP healing takes a certain kind of mindset and it sounds to me you have more problem with the playstyle rather than an addon; trust me, most players who like to find the enemies healers either check the team sheets before the game starts or just keep their eyes out rather than using this addon so banning it wouldn't solve any your problems. Learn how to use your CDs for maximum effect and like slapping on a Fear Ward onto your team's warrior who is charging for the enemy Disc Priest and I bet you start having fun.

  10. #50
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,254
    Only bad players would find this addon useful.
    It should even be useful to your team if your opponents are using this addon. You don't have to deal with hard switches, multitarget cleaving and long CC chains. Countering unstrcutured tunneling should be rather easy.

    In the end healer > dps in BGs, so I don't see the issue here. I'd rather play with 4 healers in a random 10man BG rather than playing against 4 healers.

  11. #51
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    16,896
    Addon = Convenience tool..... Same was and is achieved with raid markers.. SKULL = KILL

  12. #52
    make it mandatory cause im sick and tired being the only one trying too stomp the healers why the rest of my team mates are just smashing without result on dps.

  13. #53
    Dreadlord glowzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bucket of sponges
    Posts
    899
    How can you not notice healers anyway, the guy standing in the back waving his hands with golden/green glow, ye, that's hard to spot. I better write an addon, wouldn't want to hit a blood dk first instead.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    So by what you say we should ban all addon, decursive, healbot, whatever addon you might have.
    I don't personally use the addon, but I can promise you I 100% of the time train every healer I see and follow them even if it means me getting kited to the enemy group.

    When you join a bg its to bg you should expect you getting trained as a healer, its your job in a bg to get trained.
    No, thats not what i said, you really need to improve your reading comprehension.

    Addons you use that affects other people should be banned, yes.
    Addons that dont directly impact other players (DBM, healbot, etc) dont affect other players.

    When i get into a bg i'm expecting to play agasint other players, not against bots. Healers have to die would be klike healers having an addon that auto-targets the player that needs to be healed when you throw a heal.

    You want to focus healers? Fine, SEARH FOR THEM YOURSELF and stop being lazy.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 02:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    You're not serious are you? They made the game for dps...? Healing is so freaking fun when you have a dps on you, fake casting and such to make him waste his CDs.
    Fake casting? Fake casting havent been an alternatives this expansion, since every move that interrupted also silenced untill no that long ago where they fixed it.

    You havent been playing much, do you?

    Also, yes, the game is made for dps, if not try to do Brawlers guild as a healer and we will talk. What is the most efficient spec to do the dailies? Right, dps. Which role has more specs tied to it? And again, DPS. Can a healer 1 vs 1 a dps? No, DPS self healing is higher than healers damage, etc, etc.

    Yes, the game is made for DPSers.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Healers have to die would be like healers having an addon that auto-targets the player that needs to be healed when you throw a heal.
    Since when does Healers Have to Die auto target for you?...

    Healers Have to Die is a quality of life add-on for DPS, it doesn't affect other players as it doesn't give an advantage over the other player. All it does is make people aware of your existence, if they hadn't already, which most likely - a lot of people already had realized you're a healer even without the add-on. They then consciously make the choice to switch to the healer, and that's what affects the other player, NOT the add-on itself. If it auto-targeted for you then there might be a problem.

    The fact of the matter is that this add-on makes such a little difference in you being attacked that you don't even know which players are using it or not. Hell, it could even be that almost none of the people who are killing the OP are using this add-on and he's just blaming it.

    Also, if juking was completely useless, then why do you see all of the top healers doing it still? Watch a few streams and you'll realize it's not completely useless. >.> Even juking a CS is a good idea because 4s > 6s in terms of not being able to cast.
    Last edited by Syh; 2013-01-10 at 06:15 PM.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Fake casting? Fake casting havent been an alternatives this expansion, since every move that interrupted also silenced untill no that long ago where they fixed it.
    With the amount of glad/AM teams sitting at low ratings, I'm seeing more fake-casting than ever this season.

    I can't believe people are bitter about this addon; anything that works to improve players' skills by teaching them how to play in PVP should be encouraged not banned. Should PVP forums be banned as well?

    If you're reacting this badly to HHtD, I can't wait for the reaction when you guys find out about GladiatorlosSA.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    so you want people to leave you alone while you heal in pvp? what's next? a blowjob and my HK on a silver plateau??

    lol ...... -_-'
    I laughed so hard at this it deserves a quote. It's also pretty much the sum of the OP's point.

    Forgive us for not wanting you to keep your team mates alive. What horrible people we are.
    This is the first time I've heard of this add-on. Until now all I've heard of or used is BG Targets, which does similar things and much more. Let's be honest, how hard is it to spot a healer? Any priest that's not in Shadow Form, the giant fucking tree, and the paladin hanging out behind the scrum are astronomically large signs that healers are in the midst. Elemental and Resto shamans kind of blend, but generally the totem choices are a giveaway.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    Since when does Healers Have to Die auto target for you?...

    Healers Have to Die is a quality of life add-on for DPS, it doesn't affect other players as it doesn't give an advantage over the other player. All it does is make people aware of your existence, if they hadn't already, which most likely - a lot of people already had realized you're a healer even without the add-on. They then consciously make the choice to switch to the healer, and that's what affects the other player, NOT the add-on itself. If it auto-targeted for you then there might be a problem.

    The fact of the matter is that this add-on makes such a little difference in you being attacked that you don't even know which players are using it or not. Hell, it could even be that almost none of the people who are killing the OP are using this add-on and he's just blaming it.

    Also, if juking was completely useless, then why do you see all of the top healers doing it still? Watch a few streams and you'll realize it's not completely useless. >.> Even juking a CS is a good idea because 4s > 6s in terms of not being able to cast.
    You see, there is a flaw in what you say. If it makes so little diference and everyone will notice that you are a healer, how is a quality of life addon? If everyone is so good at identifying healers, then why deos the addon exists in the first place?

    The fact is, most people are not even close to being good enough to quicly identify a healer, and therefore one person in a group having this addon does affect other players hugely and gives that group a huge advantage.


    If everyone indentifyies the healers fast, what would be the problem with banning this addon? It wouldnt change a thing, right?

    Fake casting was useless untill last patch, where a lot of silences were removed. Every spell that interrupted also silenced, so fake casting was not worth it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 03:25 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    With the amount of glad/AM teams sitting at low ratings, I'm seeing more fake-casting than ever this season.

    I can't believe people are bitter about this addon; anything that works to improve players' skills by teaching them how to play in PVP should be encouraged not banned. Should PVP forums be banned as well?

    If you're reacting this badly to HHtD, I can't wait for the reaction when you guys find out about GladiatorlosSA.
    Tools that teach how to play are not bad, tool that play for you are.

    I wouldnt have a problem with an addon tellign the player "target the healer first", having an addon that marks that healer is a bad thing and doesnt improve PVP skill, its actually a detriment of it, because enoucrages lazyness and people not being well aware of whats happenign around them.

  19. #59
    Peoblem with HHTD is that it MARKS players, something that is supposed to not be possible in PvP. You can't do it manually, the system circumvents this restriction and allows people to do it anyway. Saying it's been around for a long time and using that as an justification isn't making any sense, queue addons to circumvent the 5 man restriction were around for even longer, now they're gone.

  20. #60
    How is this even a debate? Learn to play a healer class when being pressured. That's pvp.

    You will be pressured no matter what, addon or not, nothing will change. Suck it up.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •