Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Haha likewise, though when I was online I would show many signs of #2. Not to the extreme presented in that article, but seriously, if you're bad I'll let you know. I don't expect most people to get on my level, because frankly that's too much to ask. >:]
    This guy... I hate this guy.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Are boosted scrubs on the list?
    Those were always a problem in wow guilds, and after we left wow me and my friends never were serious in a guild again. Boosted scrubs that have others to boost them through content and then leaves when they got what they wanted, and it also affects helping noobs in games... are they really noobs or just lazy boosted scrubs? I dont know, but I know I rather see the later than the sooner because it's usually true... or best is just play with friends and dont waste energy on people when you dont know.
    I think the closest thing to that would be #4, the Coattail Surfer.

This guy has not accomplished one goddamned thing in his (virtual) life. No accolades, no recognition, no particularly desirable skills whatsoever. But, his BROTHER, well, you know his brother! He won all those tournaments, you probably read his strategy guide when gearing up your character, and he’s one of the elite household names in the world (of Warcraft).
    "My brother is really awesome at this game, and although I had no influence over his playing style, skill, determination, or play ethic one iota -- invite me anyways by default to your vaunted teams! It's the next best thing to actually, you know... teaming up with him yourself!"

10. Bloggers who like to bitch and moan about everyone else they play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one that I hate the most is the DPS Gestapo. I know it's not one from the article, but I just made it up because they drive me bananas.

They say stuff like: "After the fight kick the 2 lowest DPS." "It's not my job to carry you, noob!" "There's nothing wrong with your spec or class on that fight I come in here all the time on my [your spec/class] and go 239487239047823094782 DPS while I'm alt-tabbed looking at pets, u just suck..." "Why doesn't Blizzard make it so that if you do under 30k you don't get loot, that would make it fair."

On top of that they continually post Recount after every single mob and make a point out of saying things like "Kick [x player], he only did 19k, we could have had this trash pack in non-heroic Stonecore down 4 seconds earlier if it wasn't for his being so FAIL!!"

And usually the player ends up getting kicked because the rest of the players seem to think that this guy's obsession with DPS and Recount makes him some kind of elite leader to be obeyed, instead of the other 4 people kicking him for his unbearable attitude.

These players were so prevalent in Cataclysm that I ended up rolling a Healer and a Tank and haven't been a DPS since 4.2. It's so liberating to be free from the grasp of the DPS Gestapo. It's like you're above the law. Feels wonderful. I'll never go back to DPS'ing in instances again.

10+ Year Old Account
    The overblown egotistical sociopaths or the "PSH THAT'S NOT HARD" type. "OH YOU YOUR GUILD WAS WORLD FIRST SARGERAS KILL? PFFFFFFT NOT HARD BRAH!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    The overblown egotistical sociopaths or the "PSH THAT'S NOT HARD" type. "OH YOU YOUR GUILD WAS WORLD FIRST SARGERAS KILL? PFFFFFFT NOT HARD BRAH!"
    I remember when I got my Warglaive I went into a random bg to try it out and all I got was hate about how "LOL Everybody has one, it's no big deal. It's ugly anyway."

Haters gonna hate.

7. The Revolting Revolter; or, Mutants for Mutiny

Commonly Overheard: “The guild leader didn’t show up last night for the first time ever! Something about “his wife’s birthday” or some bullshit. I’m sick of this! Let’s start our own guild where we never have to deal with that again! He can take our raid nights, but he will never take our FREEDOM!”

This is a rare breed of supernerd. Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of supernerds, but most of them are pretty complacent. However, if the leader fails to attend one raid, or the guild funds are not divided in a way that benefits him the most, the Revolting Revolter takes matters into his own hands, and delivers a Bill Pullman-esque rallying speech in order to get the guildmates’ support to usurp the throne to overthrow the King of Nerds. This is normally followed by five or six members apathetically saying “whatever” and joining the Revolter’s new guild, and then assimilation back into the original guild when the Revolter turns out to be a retard.

This one is one I think I've had the most problems with being a guild master for many years. This actually why I stop leading guilds.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely a draft dodger, great raider that would rather do achievement points, fishing dailies, and old content > progression.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think I am 8>.> I am the wierd guy even out of the wierd crowd<.<
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    The ones who think world of warcraft is more than just a game and cant take any joy in life or take a joke even when they are playing something thats sole purpose is to bring joy.

Im totally the last one :C

Quote Originally Posted by Kymei View Post
    I'm definitely a draft dodger, great raider that would rather do achievement points, fishing dailies, and old content > progression.
    Well, at least you have the common courtesy to sign on. Although... maybe it'd be worse if you promised to grind out instances or Arena matches with someone and instead decided to blow them off to level an alt or go fishing. Sometimes you've gotta look out for numero uno, but people that make empty promises can be agitating.

You definitely get to see each one in the game. It's so funny when you think about the stereotypes.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancyfeast View Post
    I came across this article which outlines the "9 Most Annoying Types of Online Gamers" and got a good kick out of it. After Playing WoW for the past eight years, I've certainly seen my fair share of all of them on the list and then some. (I've even admittedly shown signs of at least a couple.)

Besides the ones on the list, what other types of gamers do you always seem to bump into online, be it WoW or another game?
    99% of internet people. Hell, myself included. Im nice to all, but when people dont reply or speak...i give a nudge.