Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Choice of Weapon

Quick question about which weapon I should be using.

Loshan, Terror Incarnate 496 iLvl

or

Regail's Crackling Dagger 503 iLvl

_____

My first choice would have been Loshan despite the higher SP on Regails because Loshan has a higher base intellect with the legendary gem socket which I would socket with the legendary gem.

Still new to Affliction so I'd love to understand which one I would take and why.

Loshan, better stats as you suggested, more Int.

Regail's Crackling Dagger also has higher spellpower than Loshan - by 471. Spellpower is close to the same value as Intellect, so this is really significant. Adding on the blue socket (with the 60 crit socket bonus) and the fact that Regail's has Mastery/Crit on it instead of Haste/Crit makes it even more valuable as Affliction.

So basically, if using Loshan (496) with the 500 Int gem in it gets you to your next haste plateau, then use it.
    If it does not, then Regail's (503) is ever so slightly better, but not that much.

Once you get the additional prismatic socket to your Sha-touched weapon, then it's better by a lot.

Loshan with Prismatic Sockt and legendary gem > Regail Elite gemmed > Loshan with Legendary gem > Elegon H Wand

Deleted
    Wands really that good? Im still using 491 (2/2) RF staff with leg gem.. >.<

How does hc regail and elite hc regail rank against normal loshan with gem and socket?

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    How does hc regail and elite hc regail rank against normal loshan with gem and socket?
    N Loshan with gem and socket is just a bit better than Normal Elite Regail.

Deleted
    Perhaps a stupid question... But where does the staff come into play? Is it simply just worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuzantar View Post
    Perhaps a stupid question... But where does the staff come into play? Is it simply just worse?
    U spend less valor to upgrade 2/2, and if u dont have a equivalent off-hand, the staff TOTALLY worth it.

Deleted
    Being a very casual player i only have access to RF weapons. So that means Loshan + Tornado vs. the staff.
    Would it be an upgrade to get the staff? Btw im human so i get a free +1% hit from just wearing a sword.

Wands really that good? Im still using 491 (2/2) RF staff with leg gem.. >.<
    Wands should be treated like any other 1 handed weapon. Look at the stats and compare.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Loshan with Prismatic Sockt and legendary gem > Regail Elite gemmed > Loshan with Legendary gem > Elegon H Wand
    H elegon wand is better than normal Loshan with legendary gem.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    H elegon wand is better than normal Loshan with legendary gem.
    Not really.. Normal Loshan with the gem is better than the H wand.

[N] Loshan, Terror Incarnate vs [H] Torch of the Celestial Spark
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...

10+ Year Old Account
    What're y'all putting in the prismatic socket? Another INT gem or just a mastery/haste/which every combo?

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    What're y'all putting in the prismatic socket? Another INT gem or just a mastery/haste/which every combo?
    Yellow Gem with 320 mastery or 320 haste

Since y'all are being so helpful...my guild is extremely casual and I probably won't get [N] Terror any time soon. I have [N] Torch. Should I upgrade the Torch or upgrade [lfr] Terror? Or [lfr] Staff? Thank you for any advice. Ive been simming it myself but results are inconclusive. (user error most likely).

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Since y'all are being so helpful...my guild is extremely casual and I probably won't get [N] Terror any time soon. I have [N] Torch. Should I upgrade the Torch or upgrade [lfr] Terror? Or [lfr] Staff? Thank you for any advice. Ive been simming it myself but results are inconclusive. (user error most likely).
    If you have the legendary gem.. then Loshan is better, otherwise the normal wand is better.

[LFR] Loshan, Terror Incarnate vs [N] Torch of the Celestial Spark

EDIT: Considering the staff.. depends on your Off-Hand really.
    Last edited by Marximos; 2013-01-12 at 01:04 AM.
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...

Deleted
    If the dagger is the Elite normal mode and the Sword is normal Mode u go for the Dagger.
    If u have access to the +500 gem and Socket gem on weapon too from Legendary questline that would be a close call for the reason of choosing a gem to put into it, that being pure mastery-haste-mixed or w/e.(and if your HUMAN only u get the expertise from swords which means will help you for the hitcap % )
    But still Dagger would come ahead on spellpower and stats from it.
    My choice would be the Elite dagger.

If you kill Blade-lord every week, go for loshan and wait until off-hand drops for ya, but if you have so many itens to upgrade, go after staff and spend 1500 valor on another item.

Thank you. That advice helps me plan.