Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry What did blizzard do to hunters?

What the hell did blizzard do to hunters? I just started back playing my level 85 hunter and I've noticed that it dies on the same mobs that I use to kill before mop came out. it was times I can round up these same mobs and pet had no problem with them. now my pet is as soft as a babies backside.

umm buffed them? have you been in a raid with a survival hunter lately?, op fotm class now

I would guess that you are no longer level 85? because once you level all the caps(hit) will be missed because of the higher stat requirements and i believe they need expertise now as well

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    umm buffed them? have you been in a raid with a survival hunter lately?, op fotm class now
    Well why in the hell would they do something like that. Now the pets are just useless.

Allow me to cast Misdirection on the appropriate sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    Well why in the hell would they do something like that. Now the pets are just useless.
    Did you choose a spec for your pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Did you choose a spec for your pet?
    yeah i rolled tank spec

10+ Year Old Account
    My pet's survivability is awesome, it's threat used to suck but it's good now too.

Can you give us a before and after example? Besides stat decay (needing more of a stat to reach the same percentage) and needing to glyph for Mend Pet to get the most out of the spell, I'm not really sure what to tell you. Pets hit pretty hard and generate some decent threat now. For big packs, I'm using T5 gloves and shoulders as SV on top of glyphed Mend Pet with little to no trouble in a lot of the older raids (I could probably do it without the T5 bonus).

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done full heroics where a hunters pet tanked the bosses.

I did notice as I leveled from 85-90 that the pets progressively has survivability issues. It wasn't so bad at 85, but at 88-89 I found I had to use a tank spec, and repeatedly cast mend pet. I'd blame it on scaling with gear, because at 90 with just pvp blue crafted gear, the issue was alleviated.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I did notice as I leveled from 85-90 that the pets progressively has survivability issues. It wasn't so bad at 85, but at 88-89 I found I had to use a tank spec, and repeatedly cast mend pet. I'd blame it on scaling with gear, because at 90 with just pvp blue crafted gear, the issue was alleviated.
    Yeah ive seen this 2

15+ Year Old Account
    Hunters are OP right now. I'm not sure why you'd be dying to mobs from last xpac, but my guess is it has more to do with the user and less to do with the game.

Wow, you must be doing something wrong, I can do things on my hunter than I wouldn't begin to consider on other toons. My pet is tougher than most tanks.

It's a leveling issue, pets are fine at 90.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just recently returned to my hunter and enjoyed the current state of the class so much that it's now my main again. But as a result of this recent "reroll," my average item level is only 463.

With that mediocre gear, neither of my two tank pets (turtle and spirit beast) even requires Mend Pet to tank level-90 elites. They just don't even take enough damage to overcome the passive healing from Spirit Bond (which, with Glyph of Animal Bond, on a Tenacity pet with 260,000 HP, equates to 2,860 HP/sec). My Mend Pet heals them for around 32,000/tick (16,000/sec) when I bother to use it, and when I'm BM spec with Arcturis, he heals me for roughly 80,000 HP on a 28-second cooldown, more if I hit the macro with AP/AGI proc buffs in effect.

The tank pets did start to feel squishier at levels 86 and 87, but after that they beefed up again and now easily tank level-90 five-man bosses.

TLDR: Tenacity pets, at least to me, feel like they're in the best shape they've ever been in in WoW. (Their single-target threat is also insane, and with Misdirection they're not so bad for AoE either).

Leveling my hunter was harder then before, but not at level 85. You must be doing something wrong.

Deleted
    I had no problem levling at all, pulled 3-5 mobs all day from 85-90 without a problem.
    Use mend pet + put a trap down for a free LnL if your survival and a multi to multidot serpent on them all and go to town on them.

Deleted
    MOP requires a lot of mending on the pets while leveling. Maybe it's because worse pet scaling this time. But the main problem is the lack of OOC HP regen and also the disappearence of the ferocity self heal.

Never really noticed anything myself /shrug

Then again I'm kinda shit at mding repeatedly and will sometimes just let the mobs beat me for a bit.