Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    90% of teams past 1650 rating has T2.

    What the hell is the deal with this? I see people who have never got past 2k in arena, yet they run around with the goddamned elite weapon shitting on people that have worse gear. And yes, I know its because of RBGS.

    The point I'm trying to make is that RBGs currently make arena retarded. You don't even have to be good at PvP; Play some RBGS, get a cap up to 2500, get your goddamned T2 weapon included fully upgraded Malevolent gear and shit on people that are trying to grind their way up to 2200 to get their weapon.

    The last freaking nine games, out of the ten I played this evening, were against shitters using t2 weapons with almost fully upgraded malevolent gear. They run around with 400k+ HP and dish out damage that is hardly possible to deal with if you aren't as geared as them. They trinket out of Scatter shot only to get Freezing Trapped after, and after that take a piss on your healer and almost global him while doing so.

    Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to QQ. I can outplay most of those shitters regardless of their gear, but its ridiculous to see how many of them are running around in the ~1600 zone.

    Is it just me who thinks the RBG cap and possibility of getting T2 through RBGs is totally fucking stupid?

  2. #2
    You're right, it's because of RBG's people have this gear. I'm just waiting for the next patch. It's like they're giving away the best pvp gear to pve guilds, haha.

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,254
    RBG gear should not be usable in arena.

    RBGs are full of exploits, gimmicks, boosting and wintrading.

    I like how Blizzard wanted to give more incentive to do RBGs by having RBGs giving higher cap by default, yet most people only do them for high cp caps and nostalgic rank 14 titles, and not because of the entertainment. What is that promotion based on? Trying to promote something players dont like?
    Last edited by Funkthepunk; 2013-01-09 at 11:52 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    Is it just me who thinks the RBG cap and possibility of getting T2 through RBGs is totally fucking stupid?
    Yeah, right now it is infinitely easier to get T2 weapon through RBGs than it is Arena. Infact it has been the case since Cata, only in Cata RBGs weren't as common as they are now.

    I'm struggling to even hit 2k now in 3s - having fallen behind in gear due to not being able to play for 4 weeks over December... I feel like I have to do RBGs just to keep up but I can't stand them. :/

    I think a lower rating requirement should be placed on T2 for Arenas. 2k seems reasonable these days.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    What the hell is the deal with this? I see people who have never got past 2k in arena, yet they run around with the goddamned elite weapon shitting on people that have worse gear. And yes, I know its because of RBGS.

    The point I'm trying to make is that RBGs currently make arena retarded. You don't even have to be good at PvP; Play some RBGS, get a cap up to 2500, get your goddamned T2 weapon included fully upgraded Malevolent gear and shit on people that are trying to grind their way up to 2200 to get their weapon.

    The last freaking nine games, out of the ten I played this evening, were against shitters using t2 weapons with almost fully upgraded malevolent gear. They run around with 400k+ HP and dish out damage that is hardly possible to deal with if you aren't as geared as them. They trinket out of Scatter shot only to get Freezing Trapped after, and after that take a piss on your healer and almost global him while doing so.

    Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to QQ. I can outplay most of those shitters regardless of their gear, but its ridiculous to see how many of them are running around in the ~1600 zone.

    Is it just me who thinks the RBG cap and possibility of getting T2 through RBGs is totally fucking stupid?
    RBGs are more fun to a lot of people than 3v3. RBG's are also more balanced and based on strategy, not class or comp. Easy solution, play rbgs.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    RBGs are more fun to a lot of people than 3v3. RBG's are also more balanced and based on strategy, not class or comp. Easy solution, play rbgs.
    rbg is semi based on comp..
    its based on your strategy's, not much else. if your strats suck you'll lose even with a overly stacked comp.
    raise rbg req to ~2300, lower arena to around ~1900s-2k. the amount of teams over 2.2k for 3s is ridic low.
    Last edited by artem123; 2013-01-10 at 12:06 AM.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Matt0193's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    2,514
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    The point I'm trying to make is that RBGs currently make arena retarded.
    Guess it makes up for years of Arena making random BGs retarded. It's quite simple, you make the gear obtainable in one not usable in the other. If you get an RBG rating of 2.2k, you can buy an RBG PvP Weapon/Offhand only usable in RBGs and rBGs(Otherwise, all the Hardcore 2.2k+ players who roll around in randoms would cry that they can't dick people about because they don't have a huge advantage in the Weapon), same for Arena and rBGs.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  8. #8
    Personally I don't see the problem with people who get t2 from rbgs to be able to use it in arenas. It's a reward and you should be able to use it wherever you want. I agree when you say that it's ridiculous that most players who have t2 got it from wintrading / exploiting. But that is Blizzard's own fault. The thing about arenas, is that sometimes they are frustrating. For example, in the beginning of MOP, any hunter could get high rating on arenas. And do not forget, there are also arena exploits / etc, I have a few friends who got their arena titles because of some sort of bug.

    But this is just my point of view.

  9. #9
    Brewmaster Jess Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Farmer Land UK; Prev Los Angeles, CA.
    Posts
    1,374
    raise rbg req to ~2300, lower arena to around ~1900s-2k. the amount of teams over 2.2k for 3s is ridic low.
    Wouldn't say lower it to 2k for Arena. Some bgs it's not remotely hard to get that high right now if you come from a bg with a much higher skill level.

    RBG req should certainly go up though.

  10. #10
    There was a exploit earlier in the season where if u /afk out of game you wouldnt lose any rating, soooo A lot of ppl did this to get there t2 weps and when blizzard reset the ladders they kept the weps. So I think that is the main reason why you are see 1650 with t2

  11. #11
    Ive said this forever. RBG t2 rating requirements should be upped to atleast 2500 if not more.
    People who have 2,2k+ i rbgs often have around 1700 max in arenas and thats not fair to
    the ones who just run arenas. They should also remove the forced rbg to cap conquest points per week.

  12. #12
    Stop being so ridiculously obsessed with skill requirements. Seriously who cares about gear, they should just remove T2 or at least not increase the item level of the weapon. Evenetually you get the gear anyway. Special snowflakes everywhere.

  13. #13


    5.2 changes might help prevent this from happening, who knows.

    Either way, there's nothing that can be done about this right now, other than either doing RBGs as well or outplaying them as best as you can. I know it's frustrating though.

  14. #14
    RBG's are also more balanced and based on strategy, not class or comp. Easy solution, play rbgs.
    Hahaha holy shit

    LF Spriest/Frostmages/Locks for RBGs, also one frost DK to target call. Must have 2.8k achieve, just playing for fun!

    Even 2v2 season 3 arena is more "class friendly" than frickin rbgs.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Wouldn't say lower it to 2k for Arena. Some bgs it's not remotely hard to get that high right now if you come from a bg with a much higher skill level.

    RBG req should certainly go up though.
    I have an 2,3k arena rating. I'm about 4-500 points lower in Arena. RBG is far, far, far easier almost laughable so.

    @Mcbeaty, that exploit exists since Cataclysm and I doubt they really fixed it. There's a lot of wintrading going on currently, half of the RBGs we don't even have an enemy team.

  16. #16
    RBG's are retarded and should be removed. It's as mind-numbing as lfr and you are forced to do it if you want to be competitive. Having a higher conquest cap is retarded and being able to get your t2 with 2200 is even more retarded.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/january/52pvptweets.png

    5.2 changes might help prevent this from happening, who knows.

    Either way, there's nothing that can be done about this right now, other than either doing RBGs as well or outplaying them as best as you can. I know it's frustrating though.
    Think of 5.2 like 5.0. People starting to gear up. If you miss a week you fall behind but not by much. Then 5.3 hits. The same season continues over from 5.2. Upgrades are back. Gear discrepancies are back. If you expect to get anywhere starting in 5.3 then don't. You'll already have been left behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    RBG gear should not be usable in arena.

    RBGs are full of exploits, gimmicks, boosting and wintrading.

    I like how Blizzard wanted to give more incentive to do RBGs by having RBGs giving higher cap by default, yet most people only do them for high cp caps and nostalgic rank 14 titles, and not because of the entertainment. What is that promotion based on? Trying to promote something players dont like?
    No right, because arena doesn't have win trading, boosting, gimmicks and exploits that get people to high ratings.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Hahaha holy shit

    LF Spriest/Frostmages/Locks for RBGs, also one frost DK to target call. Must have 2.8k achieve, just playing for fun!

    Even 2v2 season 3 arena is more "class friendly" than frickin rbgs.
    Yeah I agree. And BG fans thought this wouldn't happen.

    It was more "fun" at the end of Cata when every team had PVE geared fire mages and moonkins dealing unhealable damage. loolololol


    Blizz should remove the tier 2 weapons as rewards from RBGs. Seriously.

  20. #20
    Banned TheGravemind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    CAIRO STATION UNSCDF-ODAI42 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Posts
    3,023
    99% of these bad players with T2 gear are those who earned it through wintrading through RBGs. Grinding up to 2200 in RBGs even used to be somewhat difficult for your average player. Now !@#$ cans can get up there through wintrading.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •